• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    West would have a better shot taking out Cornhole. I feel with West running against Abbot it's going to split the party, much like Perot & Bush... then we would end up with the Hollyweird douchbag selling Lincons. I've already heard Hollyweird is in a tie with Abbot in some of the poles out. I don't know why West would try to split Texas with his running.
    Only if he lost the primary and ran as an independent in the general.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Sadly (largely because I even consider it), the greatest advantage I see to West is essentially the advantage the Democrats found in Obummer; West, if elected, would be the first black elected Republican governor, not only of Texas, but of any state.

That he may be more conservative than our current governor would be a bonus, though I can't help but think that West may be trying to use the Texas governorship as a stepping stone to the Presidency (that might not even be a bad thing, as it would just tend to increase the prestige of Texas).

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Sadly (largely because I even consider it), the greatest advantage I see to West is essentially the advantage the Democrats found in Obummer; West, if elected, would be the first black elected Republican governor, not only of Texas, but of any state.

That he may be more conservative than our current governor would be a bonus, though I can't help but think that West may be trying to use the Texas governorship as a stepping stone to the Presidency (that might not even be a bad thing, as it would just tend to increase the prestige of Texas).

If he spent two terms as Governor of Texas, then ran for higher office, that wouldn't be bad. I realize Texas doesn't term limit the governor, but 8 years is a good run for any governor before its time for fresh blood, unless the alternatives are just shit. If for some reason Abbott gets the general nomination, I'd vote for him over Hollywood or Beto. In that scenario, one would hope Col. West runs against Cornhole.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    If you read this, there is NO Governor solution/authority to the border problem. A new bill was passed giving LE permission to arrest and detain illegals (over-ride Feds?), but not in effect yet?
    Basically he can declare emergencies, then emergency management takes over. Sets a target budget. Signs bills but can be over-ridden easily. Kinda 'glory' position that West could easily do. As previously stated, Speaker of the House and Lt. Gov. have the real power. Unfortunately, DNC is running the Dems in the Tx. house.

OldGreyWolf

OldGreyWolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2017
    Big Spring, Tx
    I don't think Abbott has done a good job at all. All the pro gun bills that were pushed this session were pushed because an election cycle is coming. Abbott and Patrick are Swamp Creatures and neither one of them deserves to be re-elected.
    West is a constitutionalist. He is definitely pro 2nd Amendment
    Prather might be a good choice just because he is just a "good ole boy" who wants to do right.
    It's definitely going to be an interesting primary.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am going to study West's political history more closely before I make any decision to vote for him.

Hearing a politician spew rhetoric without specifics doesn't impress me anymore.

And I think Abbott's done a good job and is a proven entity.

Unless convinced otherwise, he will have my vote until someone else earns it.

Old River Bill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Hollywood should stay with the ‘scripted lines’ of Hollywood. Don’t think he’s a bad person…more of an’Arnold’ than a ‘Reagan’. Like some that I’ve read, I like West. Abbot has been ok for me. Only commitment I’ll make is I’ll vote for the GOP, if nothing else as a vote AGAINST the Liberals.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    “Carpet baggers” from Georgia;
    Albert Calvin Grimes, William Wells, Manson Shied, Edwin T. Mitchell, and William T. Malone.

“Carpet baggers from Tennessee ;
    Micajah Autry
    Joseph Bayless
    John Blair
    Samuel B. Blair
    James Bowie
    Robert Campbell
    David Crockett
    Squire Daymon
    William Deardorf
    Almeron Dickinson
    John H. Dillard
    John H. Dillard, Nashville
    James L. Ewing
    James Girard Garrett
    John M. Hayes
    Charles M. Heiskell,
    William Marshall
    Albert Martin
    William Mills
    Andrew M. Nelson
    James Robertson
    James M. Rose
    Andrew H. Smith
    Joshua G. Smith
    A. Spain Summerlin
    William E. Summers.
    William Taylor
    John W. Thomson
    Burke Trammel
    Asa Walker,
    Jacob Walker,
    Joseph G. Washington.

Allen West is in good company.
    Many of the best Texans, weren't from Texas.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

LawDawg77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2021
    Houston, Texas
    6B80CD18-D1D5-4D55-AAE1-D99CD7C65594.jpeg

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Ain’t hitchin’ up with nobody this early on. Governor in TX is a constitutionally weak position. The only relatively strong governors have been Bullock and Perry. They spent careers building allies and supporters across the state agencies to get their deeds done. Abbot’s trying the same tactic, using relationships from his time as a judge and AG to do the same. No sir, I don’t like that at all. That’s called building a swamp.

The race to watch is for Lite Gov, and that’ll depend on what Patrick does, which’ll depend on what Abbot does. Patrick is a threat to small and limited government.

Neither of those two will get my vote in the primary.
    Bullock was never governor.

Top Bottom