• ...and so much more!
  • Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    I'm 28 and I'm about 290 not so long ago I was 360lbs at 5'11 that makes for one fat dude. I can and have always been very flexible even at 360 touch my toes and such. I lost the first bit of weight on Medifast, it's great if you like eating chalk and spending 100 dollars a week on food. I wrk in construction/trucking so I make excuses mostly for why I can't do myself better. Where do I start and how do I start to make a better me? I've been battling depression probably cause I'm a damn jelly donut excuse the attempt at humor but I've got no problem poking fun at myself.
    ARJ Defense ad

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Some good motivation would be to insult Mike Tyson and spit in his face, then run like hell. I guarantee you will get a great workout if you manage to outrun him.

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    Meal planning will help you. Here are some links to people that do the planning for you for a small fee. The value is not so much in the recipes themselves, but in the prepared shopping list, weekly plan, and keeping you out of the drive thru because you have something on hand that is healthy and ready to cook. I have used both, but prefer savingdinner. They have lots of choices: frugal, freezer, vegetarian, paleo, crockpot, etc. The freezer menus are great. Cooking for yourself is the only way to truly control or limit the bad stuff in your diet.

www.savingdinner.com
    www.e-mealz.com

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Diet looks like crap yes huge energy drink fan about the only thing that's seems to help in the morning. Winchesters correct about lack of willpower somedays it's their and then pfft it's completly gone and I'm back to my old habits.

RiverCity.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    San Antonio
    Lose the energy drinks/caffeine and replace with a good 8-9 hrs of sleep at night. If you still feel exhausted after that, sleep apnea might be a factor. When overweight, sleep apnea is a common problem.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Yeah I have a machine I used it semi regularly due to poor mask fit and the damn humidifier quit working I the machine. My work is supposed to be getting better insurance as all we have now is a HSA but I will look into the cost. Ex girlfriend first time she slept in my be said well you don't snore that's good. I've snored all my life till I lost a significant amount of weight.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    In order to get a new mask/machine you need a new study. Your pressure changes over time, and too low/high a pressure wont help you. If your mask fit poorly then your pressure most likely went up.(Im a sleep study tech)

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Oh and I feel you on the will power. Im weird though Ill go a coupel days with no food just because I forget to eat. Then by the time I remember im on the road its late and all thats open is shit. I need to get back in the gym. When I was doing the same workout my power lifting buddy did in 2 days all in one day I lost 60 pounds in less than 2 months.

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    I'm probably going to give someone bad ideas, but years ago I weighed in at 230# and 5'9" tall, size 40 Levis.

What I did, I'm not sure I would recommend it, but this was it.

I went two days without eating, my thinking was it would shrink my stomach and then smaller amounts of food should give me a fuller filling.

I then, put the same amount of food on my plate that my 2 years old ate. I did this for 6 months and lost down to 155#. Very moderate exercise and walking was also a little help.

I never lost strength, felt fine and in the following 35 years, I've managed to eat anything I want (in moderation) with my weight being stabilized for 30 years at 180#.

Like I said, I think this is NOT the way to diet, but it worked for me. I'm sure someone will "flame" me and my methods.

Brad

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Diet is 75% - 90% of your battle. So what are you doing wrOng with diet.
    Cut out processed foods, wheat and root vegetables.
    Add small portions of lean meat, cheese and ggreen vegetables.
    Eat 5-6 times a day and 1/4 pound at each serving.
    Think half an apple size portions.
    Cheat if you want to. By cheat have the big mac but cut it in half and put half in he bag it can in and throw it in the trash before taking the first bite
    chew your food. Swallow, wate 60 seconds and chew the next bite.
    Drink lots of water. 1 gal a day minimum. Yes, fill a milk jug and haul it around and drink it.

This is a calorie battle not a weight loss battle. Right now you can't burn half the calories you are eating which is why you are fat.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Drink lots and lots of water (helps curb the appetite).

My wife just started drinking a glass of water before having a soft drink and it has been working very well. Steadily dropping pounds instead of a quick shrink and regain. After just a month are two it really shows.

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    At the start of February I was at 305 size 44 waist. As of now I am at 273 size 42 with all my 42s being loose. All I did was stop eating fast foods and only eat home made meals. I also only drink water and only have milk with my cereal. But once a month I treated myself to a fast food meal with no change in my weight loss. Buffalo Wild Wings and Whataburger. I also jog about one and a half miles a day on the treadmill even with the physical activity I do at work. Planning on getting to 240 by October. Oh and I only eat until I'm not hungry anymore and that's it. And if I get hungry during the day I grab a snack like an apple or banana. At first it was hard to say no to the food but now it's just like, no thanks. Good luck with your weight loss.

Top Bottom