• ...and so much more!
  • Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Thanks gentleman its a hassle I'll get it I have other stuff I need to get under control and I'm sure getting those things handled will help as well.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Some good motivation would be to insult Mike Tyson and spit in his face, then run like hell. I guarantee you will get a great workout if you manage to outrun him.

Better to tease Richard Simmons and then run. Believe me an ass beating from Tyson would pale in comparison to the ass beating from the flamer!
    41364_1539201461_9846_n.jpg

Sent from V'ger via Epsilon Nine.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    losing weight is a very difficult tasks for some. I don't know if it's genetics or eating/excises habits from growing up, but some people (my self included) struggle with weight. I've managed mine by constant vigilance over the years and have never been more than 10 lbs over what the chart says I should be for age/height, and now at my age, I'm ahead of most.

Atkins will knock pounds off quickly, and it's easy because you're really never hungry. If you combine that with an excersise program, you'll drop pounds even faster. What people have the biggest problem with that method is phasing out to the maintenance mode. If you can do that, it is very effective.

Best of luck,

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    I've lost over 100 pounds in the last couple of years. When I started using my C-Pap machine 30 just melted off on its own. Sleep apnea is a HUGE deal and I recommend you do what you can to address it. Weight loss is easier for some than others but it all boils down to diet and numbers.

What helped me a LOT in the beginning Was to write down EVERYTHING that went in my body. You'd be amazed when you sit down and look at the end of the day. There are several free apps for smart phones and computers that make it VERY easy to put in the food you eat and look at exactly how many calories, fats, carbs, ect you are consuming.

Other than that cardio. 45 minutes to an hour is optimal but start slow. If you dont have time to do it straight out do 10 minutes here 15 minutes there, it still better than nothing!

As has been said before, it's all in the mindset. It's tough getting started, but once you get used to it it's easy peasy.....

Best of luck bro!

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Stuka its too bad you dont live around here. I need a work out partner. Ive turned into a real fatass with my job.(Wasnt skinny before but wasnt near this big)

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Diet is 75% - 90% of your battle. So what are you doing wrOng with diet.
    Cut out processed foods, wheat and root vegetables.
    Add small portions of lean meat, cheese and ggreen vegetables.
    Eat 5-6 times a day and 1/4 pound at each serving.
    Think half an apple size portions.
    Cheat if you want to. By cheat have the big mac but cut it in half and put half in he bag it can in and throw it in the trash before taking the first bite
    chew your food. Swallow, wate 60 seconds and chew the next bite.
    Drink lots of water. 1 gal a day minimum. Yes, fill a milk jug and haul it around and drink it.

This is a calorie battle not a weight loss battle. Right now you can't burn half the calories you are eating which is why you are fat.

This take dicipline but will work.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Diets will not work.

The secret to weight loss is to change just a few eating habits.

First: Eliminate all refined sugar and high-fructose corn syrup in your foods and drinks (Quit the Cokes, Sweet Teas, and Twinkies).

Second: Eliminate all forms of "enriched, bleached, white flour." (No white bread, burger & hot dog buns, flour tortillas).

Third: Eliminate all fried foods: French Fries, Fried Chicken, Chicken Fried Stake, Fried Okra, etc.

Fourth: Eat as much grilled vegetables and meats as you wish to satisfy your hunger. Cook them over a wood fire!

Fifth: Take a high-fiber supplement before you go to bed with 1/2 liter of water. The fiber will cleanse your intestines and flush fat out of your system.

Finally, drink at least three liters of natural mineral or spring water every day, and walk or run five miles per day.

Results take time: I lost 35 pounds in twelve months with the above regimen, and have kept the weight off ever since.

Plus: This program (not diet) does not restrict the income of adult beverages!

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Lots of good advice in here. Started at 240-245lbs. I'm at 210-215lbs right now. Also 5ft10. I go through stages where I have plenty of time to work out ~1-2hrs a day, but that depends on schoolwork. I lost the first 30lbs by eating less and eating healthier. Albeit it was a very slow loss over the course of about 6 months. My new goal is to hit 170-180lbs by August.

So if you don't have the motivation to work out, have the self control to not over stuff yourself or eat fatty foods.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Fat ass myself but mine is related to medical issues (pituitary tumor that was abnormally large for a 27 year old). After two years the docs seem to have balance my thyroid and I started doing Weight Watchers (not paying or going to meetings, just eating the SmartOnes and following the points thing). I am down 4.5 pant sizes in two months. Got a while to go but it's been easy so far. The food is good, after the first week I'm rarely hungry, and I feel healthier with more energy. I drink a lot of water, too. I would recommend it. I hope to be really active this summer

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Srry ya fairies that aint what I'm looking for lol, just have a house that I dont need and a little extra cash to fund truck and gun stuff is always nice.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    Yes to the calories. I lost 20 lbs. my senior year in high school just by cutting sugar out of my diet; no exercise or anything else was done differently. It did help that I was young and had a higher metabolism then, but the benefit of eliminating sugar cannot be denied. But seriously go to 6 small (and healthy) meals a day, and track your calories. I use FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal to track my intake, and it's made it easier for me to maintain my weight. Also, the first week or two of a restricted calorie diet is the toughest time, with the first few days being horrible. You'll crave everything that you shouldn't eat and you'll feel extremely hungry all the time, but just ignore it and tell yourself that you aren't hungry. Eventually your body will adjust and you won't feel like you're dying of starvation, and you will feel full on smaller meals.

Top Bottom