Capitol Armory ad

Alright! SB 299 passed the house & senate. We are getting "imprinting" in Texas!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    Were the "hard asses" mean to you?

This discussion has nothing to do with any treatment I've personally experienced with a police officer. I'm not the type that ever gets stopped. But I've been around enough to know that the discretion received from a smaller-town police officer cannot necessarily be expected from a big-city police officer.

BJG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Plano, TX
    I still think that we're having a communication breakdown as to the degree of "printing" that is necessary to put one at risk for "failure to conceal". The blanket statement that "printing is not illegal" is too broad and misleading.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Alright! SB 299 passed the house & senate. We are getting "imprinting" in Texas

Lol.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Some ranges do not allow open carry for safety reasons. It's not a crime.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I still think that we're having a communication breakdown as to the degree of "printing" that is necessary to put one at risk for "failure to conceal". The blanket statement that "printing is not illegal" is too broad and misleading.

I disagree. You seem to have a mistaken idea that you refuse to let go, and is based on nothing but fantasy and conjecture.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I fail to see the difference between me allowing someone to OC on my property and an Range owner allowing employees to OC on their property...(or I just missed your point)

Range owner cannot allow employees to OC on his property. If the employees are acting as range officers they are participating in a firearm related sporting activity, and may OC. There is also old case law in Texas that allows persons to OC at gun shops.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I fail to see the difference between me allowing someone to OC on my property and an Range owner allowing employees to OC on their property...(or I just missed your point)

People are shooting at the range.

GRAYWOLF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Some ranges do not allow open carry for safety reasons. It's not a crime.

That is not the point. I am trying to figure out the difference between a Range owner allowing people (employees, specifically) on his property that are not engaging in any shooting activity to OC and me allowing someone on my property to OC.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

That is not the point. I am trying to figure out the difference between a Range owner allowing people (employees, specifically) on his property that are not engaging in any shooting activity to OC and me allowing someone on my property to OC.

:facepalm:

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

There is no difference. In either case it is illegal.

The range employees may OC if they control the property (ie owner, manager), or they are supervising shooting sports, or there is a gun store attached to the range and they work in the gun store.

After Sept 1 people may legally OC on your property.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom