• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Basturds.

I pressed 1 Click Buy on the account. What I bought was pesticide that runs $18 for 4 ounces. That's getting up there with cologne. Packaged arrived and there's two bottles of the stuff instead of one. That $18 turned into $36 bucks. It's not worth the grief to send the one bottle back either.

They sold bigger bottles that were at a lower price by volume but no. Like the Damn 8oz bottle.

Mental note. Do not press 1-click buy. Always look at the order. Amazon got me for extra $18. Guess lots more bugs get to die. Thanks Amazon.
    Texas SOT

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Couldn't stand the shipping delays so I was thinking about dropping prime. The ceo's politics cemented the decision for me and I haven't had it in 1-2 years.

Oh yea and their smart tv application is complete garbage

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    and on top of that my walker ear buds came in and were missing 1set of cones and 2 of the wire fitting things :( back they go.

its not to bad to ship stuff back for me UPS picks up daily at work :)

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Sometimes it’s the curriers not Amazon. We had a non Amazon delivery get lost back in October and that parcel has never been found. Man don’t get me started on UPS, FedEx, and a whole host of other delivery guys. I could tell you stories you wouldn’t believe.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    One of my Amazon orders was supposedly delivered by FedEx to the 4300 block of a street that doesn't go past 4200 (the delivery address), and signed for by "F. Rontdoor".

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Amazon has a totally new shopping scheme in the works. They are going to build big box shaped buildings in many cities, filled with stuff. They will invite us to come to their box and look at the stuff they offer. If we like it we can tell the Amazon kid and he will deliver the stuff right there. Then we can drive home with it.
    If the new idea works Amazon plans to build even bigger boxes and let everybody from the Internet have some space to show their stuff too. People paying Prime membership will get "instant" delivery upon payment.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Amazon has a totally new shopping scheme in the works. They are going to build big box shaped buildings in many cities, filled with stuff. They will invite us to come to their box and look at the stuff they offer. If we like it we can tell the Amazon kid and he will deliver the stuff right there. Then we can drive home with it.
    If the new idea works Amazon plans to build even bigger boxes and let everybody from the Internet have some space to show their stuff too. People paying Prime membership will get "instant" delivery upon payment.
    That'll never work... too radical for millennials

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Funny, but Walmart already did it and paying for prime Sams Club membership still doesn't give the variety of products or ability to shop prices from multiple sellers or the option of buying the product used at a discounted price.

Amazon is successful because it offers something a box store can't. Otherwise it would have gone away long ago.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Ordered a pistol case on Sunday evening. It got here today.... If you need something yesterday then Amazon may not be for you.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I guess I have been pretty lucky. I praise Amazon Prime. The only delays I had gotten were when they came from a third party and Amazon would often give me money off for future orders. They also are the only ones I know of that have gotten the USPS to deliver on Sunday.

Plus I can still remember the days, pre Amazon, when ordering online meant if you were lucky it will arrive within 2 weeks.

Further I will add that I found their return policy outstanding. I ordered a scope through them from a third party, $452, and the following day found that same scope, thanks to Southpaw, for $279. Not only did they agree to return it for a full refund, but they also sent me a shipping label for shipping back. They had told me that it could take up to 10 days after return confirmation for the reimbursement, it took 3 days.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Plus I can still remember the days, pre Amazon, when ordering online meant if you were lucky it will arrive within 2 weeks.
    I'm still in those days, sometimes. I placed an order for some clothing that was shown as in stock back in the first week of November. A couple of days later, it showed out of stock. Since then, I check occasionally. There's always a new shipping date a few days in the future then, when that day arrive, the date gets pushed a few more days into the future.

If anyone is wondering why I don't just cancel the order, it's because I used a 50% off coupon and I'm going to hold them to that price. Since the order partially shipped, I no longer have a valid coupon code and they won't issue a new one. I'll just sit and wait; it's nothing important.

ETA: Just checked the order and they canceled it on their end. They no longer carry the product. It took them from 11.06.2017 to 01.21.2018 to figure that out. Phooey!

Last edited:

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I have no problems with Amazon love it in fact. I just think they blow for saying 2 day when it is no longer 2 day for everyone.

Just call it prime shipping so you dont pay for it with no # of days atached.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Here we go again, via email.

From the clumsy grammar and spelling, obviously outsourcing the help these days. That's OK, didn't expect to hear from the liberal asshat, Bezos himself. I should be honored, at least they contacted both the "internal department", and the "investigation department" on my behalf. LOL

At least they're trying ...

Hello,

I’m really sorry to hear that you did’t receive your order xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx even though it was past the promised delivery date and you had contact us. I completely understand your disappointment. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.
    Upon checking with our internal department, I see that there occurred a technical error at the fulfillment center’s end which resulted in preventing your order to enter into the shipping process.

On priority, I’ve escalated this to our investigation department so that they’ll check the origin of the problem and take necessary actions and make sure that these sorts of issues will not be repeated with your future orders.

To make things right for you, I’ve given options.

1. You can wait for 2-3 business days so that our investigation team will update it and make sure it enters the shipping process.
    2. If you don’t want to wait till then, you can go ahead and cancel the item and place a new order with One day shipping method and write back to us with the order number, so that we’ll issue a refund of the shipping charges and take necessary precautions to ship your new order with Utmost care.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

-à Rest assured, As and when you write back to us with your confirmation we’ll act accordingly and resolve your issue immediately.

-à To compensate with this inconvenience, I've issued a $7 promotional certificate to your Amazon.com account, which will automatically apply the next time you order an eligible item sold and shipped by Amazon.com and doesn't require a claim code.

I understand that, as a member of Amazon, you entrusted us to deliver this order on time and apologize that in this case, we have not met your expectations. We expect all of our carriers to deliver a high level of reliability, however, and where this has not been reached we will take the appropriate action on the carriers to improve our services

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience which this order’s delivery may cause.

Your understanding and patience is highly appreciated. We look forward to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
    Garvit

Amazon.com

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
    Yes No

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2008
    Jacksonville, Tx, W.Monroe, La
    Most of my "prime" orders have been fine. I did last month order some spark plugs that were shown as prime, and in description the "prime vendor" also had the phrase "fast shipping" It took him over a week to ship, and denied the phrase and that it was listed as prime. The next day the prime was removed from the listing. Needless to say he got a very bad review.

Top Bottom