• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Most of my "prime" orders have been fine. I did last month order some spark plugs that were shown as prime, and in description the "prime vendor" also had the phrase "fast shipping" It took him over a week to ship, and denied the phrase and that it was listed as prime. The next day the prime was removed from the listing. Needless to say he got a very bad review.

Exactly why I started doing a PrntScr captures of my orders.
    The above was a Prime item order that was changed after the order was placed.
    Until recently have never seen that happen in literally hundreds of Prime orders.
    DK Firearms

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have had them screw up shipping quite a few times. Sometimes they give me a month prime credit, other times a partial refund on the order. I've got 6 months extra prime for free so far. One time about 6 months ago, they refunded 50% of my $180 order to make me happy.

rjtmac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2016
    South Plains
    I have problems with all of the major carriers ... Live in the Panhandle semi between Lubbock and Amarillo.

USPS is the worst by far ... If my items is coming in USPS I just pick a date sometime in the far future for my expected arrival date.

Fed Ex around here is a kinda hit or miss ... a lot of packages reach the delivery warehouse on time but we get a lot of could not find the address stuff from them. ( We have just lived here going on 12 years now )

UPS is next ... get fairly good service from them.

I get Amazon Prime stuff in from any carrier it might come by on the 2 day scheduled date about 98% of the time.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I only have Prime so I can watch Grand Tour and Jean Claude Van Johnson. The faster shipping is a bonus... I'll be sure to complain the next time they are late shipping something, tho.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Problem is, as more cable companies lose money Amazon seems to either lose the rights for free viewing on TV shows and movies or they outright remove them. After that, they have no issue raising the price per year while effectively removing features and reducing quality of service. I'm near the point of not renewing my membership.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Problem is, as more cable companies lose money Amazon seems to either lose the rights for free viewing on TV shows and movies or they outright remove them. After that, they have no issue raising the price per year while effectively removing features and reducing quality of service. I'm near the point of not renewing my membership.
    I cut the cable long before these streaming services ever existed, so I can cut the Prime if they go down hill. So far they are putting out some pretty good original shows.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yeah I'm not really interested in new TV. I watch stuff from last decade and older for the most part so the new shows don't benefit me. I'm not saying that they need to cater to me but in the past movies like the Star Treks, Stargate, the Stargate SG-1 series, and a myriad of other stuff was free on prime. Now I need to pay. I ended up just buying Stargate SG-1 but I won't be following suit on the other stuff unless they price it more reasonably.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    When I tire of Grand Tour, I will quit Amazon. They offer nothing I can't source elsewhere

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Yeah I'm not really interested in new TV. I watch stuff from last decade and older for the most part so the new shows don't benefit me. I'm not saying that they need to cater to me but in the past movies like the Star Treks, Stargate, the Stargate SG-1 series, and a myriad of other stuff was free on prime. Now I need to pay. I ended up just buying Stargate SG-1 but I won't be following suit on the other stuff unless they price it more reasonably.
    Some of the local Houston stations broadcast stargate stargate Atlantis. one does all the star treks. a digital tv antennae might get you that stuff

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    ALot of the networks are pulling their content from netflix and amazon. When 20th century fox merges with Disney all 20th centry fox will get pulled from netflix. it will go to Hulu because they own a big chunk of it or something new.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I prefer to watch things when I want to. That's all fine and dandy though, it's just another reason why I don't need the service or to watch TV.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I still have cable for some live sports that I can't see reliably elsewhere.

But I'm really close to cutting the cord...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    What exactly is cutting the cord? I've read the phrase a lot. I use a Roku and watch apps. One is Sling. It has channels from Fox to ElRey. History, TBS.

Did I cut the cord???

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Man, in that case. I don't know anybody that actually has cable. I thought what I had was some upgraded, New age, 'cable'. There's a cable running off the router. Figured that was what folks talk about.

I'm tracking now. Cable is that expensive stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have the Amazon app but everything I want to watch is $14.99. I'll wait till it gets old and free. I'm not paying for that crap. Nah...

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yes you did, cutting the cord is getting rid of cable. Most folks move to streaming.

IME, trying to get 24/7 live news (news that is not part of the alphabet fake news cabal) is the hardest thing to find when it comes to cutting the cable and going strictly streaming content.

I get OAN directly thru a ROKU app; as well as the HULU beta to get the Fox New Channel live 24/7, when it actually works. It buffers like crazy on a 1GB download connection and the only content that comes through without a hitch are the commercials, sometimes twice in a row. Last night, tryng to watch Tucker Carlson "live", what played was The Five instead .... beta indeed!

Amazon Prime works well for general TV watching, but the content is getting more expensive every month. Amazon appear to be masters of loss leader tactics, with some content free for a few seasons, then around $3 a pop/episode once you're hooked.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom