d8c065ff640c4dd7653e10bb920c9e58.jpg
    Target Sports

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    What a bunch of whiners here. Glenn buys ammo, so what? His business. He wants to sell it, his business. I buy stock low and sell high, my business. Stop with all the BS about this. Everyone on this forum can do exactly what he is doing if they want to. The gougers are like CTD, they offer at an elevated price, then don't ship, offer same stuff at an even higher price. They gouge. Glenn buys low (with considerable legwork) and sells higher. You don't want to buy from him, go to gunbroker and buy from someone doing the same thing. Whiners.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Much ado about nothing IMO. Don't like how much someone is charging, don't buy it from them.

Something is only worth what another person is willing to pay for it.
    The butthurt is strong in this thread, and it reminds me of what my old man used to say...piss poor planning leads to piss poor performance. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Anyone worth their salt has been through this cycle several times, if past experience didn't teach them, being out of ammo or paying the current fair market value for it likely won't either. Always. Be. Prepared.

b26a2e29c5a9088fe10f16f0b414c597.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The butthurt is strong in this thread, and it reminds me of what my old man used to say...piss poor planning leads to piss poor performance. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Anyone worth their salt has been through this cycle several times, if past experience didn't teach them, being out of ammo or paying the current fair market value for it likely won't either. Always. Be. Prepared.

I believe you mean the 7 P's.

Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

Learned that early on, I just wish I could remember it more often when needed.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I believe you mean the 7 P's.

Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

Learned that early on, I just wish I could remember it more often when needed.
    I never paid much attention to what he told me...until I had to learn things the hard way and then his words made more sense. The best lessons are the hardest learned, but they often require self reflection that few modern men are willing to get humble enough with themselves in order to do.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I never paid much attention to what he told me...until I had to learn things the hard way and then his words made more sense. The best lessons are the hardest learned, but they often require self reflection that few modern men are willing to get humble enough with themselves in order to do.

Or as my grandfather use to "there are 2 ways to learn thing the easy way & the hard way. And we tend to learn more things the hard way!"

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Or as my grandfather use to "there are 2 ways to learn thing the easy way & the hard way. And we tend to learn more things the hard way!"
    I am admittedly agnostic. I am also admittedly humble enough to say based on my choices/experiences in the 40 years I've been on this planet...God knows thats the truth!

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County

1605658034204.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have 5 figures in rounds. I'm not hurting for ammunition. I'm not shooting anymore for fear something serious is coming up, but I am not close to being out.

ITS OK TO POINT OUT SOMEONE IS AN ASSHOLE AND A PIECE OF SHIT. PEOPLE DEFENDING THAT BEHAVIOR ARE AS BAD AS THE PERPETRATOR. ITS KIND OF LIKE PEDOPHELIA. IF YOU ARENT AGAINST IT YOU'RE JUST AS BAD AS THOSE DOING IT.

I take exception with that. Ammo "scalping" may not be the best practice of capitalism, but it sure doesn't in any way compare to pedophelia , or a pedophile in any way. And saying other that defend or condone scalpers are just as bad, is not appropriate either.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Y'all know there's no winning in these threads. I was one of the first here to liquidate some surplus when the panic began. Like people say, buy low sell high. It doesn't need to be about anymore than that. I won't condone or condemn it but we've all been to this shit show before.

If I was layed off or desperate, I'd probably get in line every morning too. Although I wouldn't be hammering my fellow tgt peeps with high prices, I'd just get on GunBroker and cash in.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I have 5 figures in rounds. I'm not hurting for ammunition. I'm not shooting anymore for fear something serious is coming up, but I am not close to being out.

ITS OK TO POINT OUT SOMEONE IS AN ASSHOLE AND A PIECE OF SHIT. PEOPLE DEFENDING THAT BEHAVIOR ARE AS BAD AS THE PERPETRATOR. ITS KIND OF LIKE PEDOPHELIA. IF YOU ARENT AGAINST IT YOU'RE JUST AS BAD AS THOSE DOING IT.
    Over the line man....

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    If one guy wants to stand in line for a few hours and buy a couple of boxes of ammo, then list it online or set up a table at the gun show and sell it for twice, or thrice what he paid for it. None of my business. If another guy is willing to pay that inflated price for the ammo because he is low and needs it. Still, none of my business.

What if I haul out some ammo that I bought years ago rather cheaply in bulk, for which I have no use for because I don't own a gun that uses it, and decide to sell it at today's current prices? I guess I'd be a scalper!

I'm sorry, but what a person does with their time, or their money, and how they choose to sell what they own, is their own private business. Many of us knew this day would come again. Many of us took steps to prepare for it. If you got caught low on ammo, tough cookies! It was way more predictable than the stock market!

And seriously? What are we really whining and moaning about? Does anyone think something magic is going to happen, and all of sudden people are going to stop buying up ammo in the stores and selling it at inflated prices?

Top Bottom