• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Thanks, something to consider again. I used to cast but where I lived at the time finding lead was difficult and I gave up on it.

I do still reload but even that is starting to be a pain due to all the calibers I reload, how far I have to drive for powder & primers. Pistol calibers aren't as bad, I use a progressive but I use a single stage for rifle cals.

I haven't gotten rid of it, keep thinking I'll do it more when I retire in a few years. A friend wants me to go back to catering using his food trailer also though and that's very time consuming.

Where do you find scrap lead these days? Most wheel weights are zinc anymore, batteries are a lot of work.

Whistler,

Batteries are not only difficult to convert into lead but DANGEROUS to "recycle".

I get most of my lead from NEUMAN'S SALVAGE on South Flores St. - NEUMAN'S gets LOTS of scrap pure lead & linotype too.

yours, satx

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    On Carlson tonight, he mentioned ammo sales jumped over 100% in the last week........Don't trust those who would want to disarm you in a crisis (paraphrasing)...

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, it could be because of the C virus. Or it could be because of the Democratic primaries. Why would folks need ammo for a virus? Are they really envisioning an EOTWAWKI scenario?

Why the **** would people need mountains of toilet paper and paper towels for the virus?

Logic is in short supply lately. All I have to say is, I told you fellas this was coming back in December. I was wrong about the reason, but I was right about the panic and I even predicted it kicking off in March. :p

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Why the **** would people need mountains of toilet paper and paper towels for the virus?

Logic is in short supply lately. All I have to say is, I told you fellas this was coming back in December. I was wrong about the reason, but I was right about the panic and I even predicted it kicking off in March. :p

Maverick44,

Over my career, I was involved in 5 major hurricane R&R missions & the Paris, TX tornado. - In everyone of those the locals bought up all (and sometimes fought over) TP & diapers.

THAT I've never understood.
    ( I would guess that people, in such situations, have no functioning "thought processes" left at all.)

ADDENDA: Right now, BCSD has 5 women in custody for HAVING "a knock-down drag out" BRAWL over 2 packages of diapers, inside a SATX store.
    (2 of the 5 had to be treated at the ER for "various wounds", due to the severity of the injuries, & then jailed. Further, I was told that several "bystanders" were also treated & admitted to the hospital for "moderate to severe" injuries sustained from being struck by "various thrown objects".)

Note: I "heard but cannot confirm" that some of the thrown objects were quart cans of motor oil.
    (Hit in the head, that would "smart" for certain.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown

At first I thought that maybe the toilet paper hoarding was because the virus caused diarrhea or something, but I saw where only 4% of infected had diarrhea as a symptom. What's the deal with buying up all the bottled water? Are folks afraid the tap will stop running? Hell, I wanted to change the anti-freeze/coolant in my Explorer. Now I can't find the 6 or 8 gallons of distilled water it's going to take to flush out the system.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Distributor started allocating their Federal RTP (range target practice) 115 gr. 9mm this morning.....the only caliber allocated....watched 500+ cases of Remington 115 gr. 9mm go to zero in stock in 48 hrs from another distributor.....went ahead and ordered some of it while it was there.....When ordering more than I need, it just fuels the fire...but I got to have it for the range....
    I am pretty well set on everything except .45 ACP. Went to SGammo this morning and was shocked at how much was out of stock on cases and single boxes. Was able to get 500 rounds of Fiocchi 230gr JHP though. Glad I have always wanted more on hand than I thought I needed.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

The only thing I have come up with is that folks are thinking they could be restricted in their movements and/or stores could be shut down over the next few weeks and they don't want to get caught out there with no way to wipe their ass. And I suppose if they are already there, it wouldn't be a far leap for some of them to think that public utilities could be interrupted as well.
    I'm not agreeing with them, just trying to understand the logic myself. Of course as I had stated earlier, perhaps there just is no logic to it at all and I'm just spinning my wheels. :)

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Went to three stores, found 6 boxes of ammo, bought them all. 3 boxes of 12ga, one box of 5.56 and two boxes of .30-30. Wasn't panicking but I like to pick up few when I'm in town (which ain't often). I'm embarrassed to tell you what I paid for that handful.

I have some 6 shot and a new bag of 4 shot, a couple boxes .38/.357 jacketed bullets, most of a box of .45 and a few boxes of .40 plus a small amount of assorted rifle bullets, can't even load much. Don't really want to open any of the main stock, guess I'll have to stick to .40 for practice, have plenty of that.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I’m tired of this corona virus talk. It’s here, it’s legit, it’s pandemic, but it doesn’t or shouldn’t bring everyone’s lives to a screeching halt. The stock market crashing was uncalled for. Lots of old timers are now thinking they’re going to have to work forever because all of their 401k and IRAs were 100% stocks. It’s mind blowing to me. Personally, because I’m young the fatality rate for me from what I’ve seen is like 0.2%. That being said.... I fought an old lady in HEB yesterday for some paper towels. I asked if she needed them and she was like no I have plenty. So o told her I was out and needed them more than she did. Ultimately I had to snag the package before she could get her hands on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Borrowed from another site.........

capture_d6cc056712edfa8490ea08f76d127a1e790a780d.jpg

Attachments

• capture_d6cc056712edfa8490ea08f76d127a1e790a780d.jpg