• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    It's simply a growth experience Mike, one of many we all survive and adjust to.
    Stop making excuses, be in control of your future and be proactive.
    Again, good luck with your decision either way.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Like Glocksters saying, its a growing exp. Transition to your next job may be bumpy, but it will happen. As long as you dont wait for something to fall into your lap. I dont mean Shooter falling in your lap either. Losing a job I had in SA was the best thing to happen to me. I hated that place.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    If you were content with your job previous to all the firings (though it seems they were all hired back but now are quitting?), perhaps you should consider staying. Everyone likes to leave because of poor management, or drama, but it's the same EVERYWHERE, especially in healthcare. What else can you expect when you work with mostly women? Anyway, my point is: If you leave this job simply because you don't like the people or the management, you may end up at a place with even more drama and incompetence. Just food for thought.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'd leave because the place seems unstable, personally.

What sort of career advancement can they provide? What sort of additional skills and learning will you get if you stay?

If they don't have a path for you and aren't planning to invest in your success I'd consider something else. You have to think about your marketability in the long run.

When you can say that you managed $x in budget, and x people and have some desirable skills that set you apart from others then you're going to have less worries in the future.

Another thing, if you're sprucing up your resume talk about your accomplishments. I wouldn't belabor how many years you've done something (especially since you dont have a lot of years). Instead talk about your accomplishments "I helped X patients a week" "I earned X kudos/rating for doing a good job" - think about what you've accomplished.

When I'm looking at resumes and see adjectives such as "Team player" I see those as table stakes - required. I want to know what you've actually done. You could be the world's worst employee at getting results, but still have 20 yrs experience and be a"team player." There's plenty of nice people I'd love to have a beer with that I wouldn't hire.

In interviews I ask people about specific projects or examples and what the results were. If they can't articulate the actual benefit of hiring them they're lacking a key skill that's necessary to be hired, IMO.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'd leave because the place seems unstable, personally.

What sort of career advancement can they provide? What sort of additional skills and learning will you get if you stay?

If they don't have a path for you and aren't planning to invest in your success I'd consider something else. You have to think about your marketability in the long run.

When you can say that you managed $x in budget, and x people and have some desirable skills that set you apart from others then you're going to have less worries in the future.

Another thing, if you're sprucing up your resume talk about your accomplishments. I wouldn't belabor how many years you've done something (especially since you dont have a lot of years). Instead talk about your accomplishments "I helped X patients a week" "I earned X kudos/rating for doing a good job" - think about what you've accomplished.

When I'm looking at resumes and see adjectives such as "Team player" I see those as table stakes - required. I want to know what you've actually done. You could be the world's worst employee at getting results, but still have 20 yrs experience and be a"team player." There's plenty of nice people I'd love to have a beer with that I wouldn't hire.

In interviews I ask people about specific projects or examples and what the results were. If they can't articulate the actual benefit of hiring them they're lacking a key skill that's necessary to be hired, IMO.

^^This^^
    Quit pissin' and moanin' and get your resume' together, get your butt out ther and at least look for another job. If you don't get one as least you will have (hopefully) honed your interviewing skills and learned how to articulate what you're capable of offering a new employer.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Some great advice going on in this thread... Just waiting for Mike to take it. Believe me, getting laid off was the best thing thats happened to me. Every single job I've applied to has been for way more money/benefits than I was making. I have a feeling they are a lot less bullshit too. Healthcare is booming Mike, put out the feelers.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Ya' got almost three pages of pretty good advice. You need to be working on your resume', making some contacts, and hittin' the street, not messin' around on a forum. Others are also looking for health care jobs. LOTS of competition. Just my two bits!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Mike,

I gotta run with Scott and Charley on this one. In my usual diplomatic way.....here it is..............

This is the third thread that we've covered your problems on the same job. We are there for you but it's time to poop or get off the pot. Do something about it. The next time we hear from you, a report about getting your resume up to date, working Career Builder.com, Monster.com or Snag a job.com or any of the scores of job search sites would be appreciated and expected.

On a lighter note, I understand your work place has this sign hanging on the wall:

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE
    UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.

You gotta get outta there!

Flash

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Craigslist too Mike... Plus if you know u want to work in Healthcare, go thru all of the hospital sites. They all have their job listings on the website and you can apply directly through them. You loose nothing in the process. I fill out dozens of these a day.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    AKMIKE: Paid to sleep? Who said I get paid to sleep. I conduct sleep studies.

AKMike gets paid to WATCH people sleep?

All I got was 30 days and a restraining order...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom