Military Camp

Anderson Manufacturing Stripped Lower Receivers - Any Good?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In the grand scheme of things, Anderson lowers should be $49 - $59. If you’re paying more than that, look at Palmetto State house brand of for Ballistic Advantage or Aero Precision at the $79-$99 price point.

Biggest challenge today is finding stuff in stock.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I've assembled several Anderson lowers. All of them have worked out fine for me. The only issue I have had was putting a fostech echo into one, but it was just from the thick finish in the lower. About a minute of sanding and it fit in just right.

Trey....I am having that very issue right now........I cant get the pin to go in though it looks to line up.......can you tell me exactly what you did to fix it?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Trey....I am having that very issue right now........I cant get the pin to go in though it looks to line up.......can you tell me exactly what you did to fix it?
    I remember getting one of the pins in was a bear and had to be tapped in with light mallet while I had a buddy hold the assembly in place. Just have to be sure you are lined up. Definitely don't want to force it in. It's been a while since I did the install, but I did have to sand the inside of the reciever a little just get the assembly in. Just taking off the finish, no metal was removed.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Thanks all. I think I may go with PSA if they are in stock as far as getting a keepdr or two goes. I may buy a couple or few Anderson's as well for later sales should the demoncrats somehow get The Donald out of office in November. I am pretty sure they were going for $49.99, plus tax, locally.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Here in The Alamo City, nearly each 1st weekend at the SA Gun Show (which is at the San Antonio Events Center) there is vendor who sells Anderson lowers for 40 bucks OTD.

yours, satx

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Bought 3 from Primary Arms when they were $29 each. Have built all 3 of them with no issues. Went together like any other I have assembled. Only issue I have had with Anderson was mating one of their blemished uppers to a billet lower. Rear take down pin would not go in. I believe it was an undersized hole. I took a letter drill and worked it by hand and was able to persuade the pin in. It was also a $29 upper so not a big deal to me.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    To All,

Here in The Alamo City, nearly each 1st weekend at the SA Gun Show (which is at the San Antonio Events Center) there is vendor who sells Anderson lowers for 40 bucks OTD.

yours, satx
    Would be a nice price if it did not cost me for the gas money, motel stay, food and such for a 900 mile round trip. Big state is this TX place. :flag:

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Let this chart be your guide to a successful build. Learn it. Live it
    1590386944550_56394737286506(2).png

Attachments

• 1590386944550_56394737286506(2).png
      1590386944550_56394737286506(2).png
      95.7 KB · Views: 510

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Well, I am happy to see that at least my current build parts - lower receiver (Spike's tactical) and my lower parts kit (PSA) are mid tier and poverty (sounds right for my income). The fact that Anderson stripped lower receivers are considered in the poverty level does not necessarily deter me from getting one or two of them. If they go on sale for $5 or $10 off, I will buy some.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Well, I am happy to see that at least my current build parts - lower receiver (Spike's tactical) and my lower parts kit (PSA) are mid tier and poverty (sounds right for my income). The fact that Anderson stripped lower receivers are considered in the poverty level does not necessarily deter me from getting one or two of them. If they go on sale for $5 or $10 off, I will buy some.
    At least you rose above destitute status

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm more curious a current list of actual manufacturers - LMT supplies several others, for example.

Eli

As does Aero Precision. I find it difficult trace brands to OEMs in the AR world, so I go with what I know. Aero Precision or their sister company Ballistic Advantage for lowers.

Stripped uppers vs complete uppers tends to be a wide and deep pool, so I go with what I know there. PSA for a budget, BCM, LaRue, Liberty GunWorks, Stag and some others for mid-tier value. The high end stuff I find is paying for a mark more than quality.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    As does Aero Precision. I find it difficult trace brands to OEMs in the AR world, so I go with what I know. Aero Precision or their sister company Ballistic Advantage for lowers.

Stripped uppers vs complete uppers tends to be a wide and deep pool, so I go with what I know there. PSA for a budget, BCM, LaRue, Liberty GunWorks, Stag and some others for mid-tier value. The high end stuff I find is paying for a mark more than quality.
    I was looking at a Lewis Machine and Tool MARS-L stripped lower for a left handed shooter. There is a lot of things going on that receiver. As I am sure H&K's 416 recievers

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    They're ok, goid for the price. I wouldn't make one an SBR, or use one in a build i plan on defending myself with

I've seen more than a few that were just incomplete, no detent holes, one had the BHO rollpin hole closed up on one side, one had the trigger pins mislocated, another had a safety detent spring hole that was a bit off, enough to cause binding.

Just because something comes from the same place, doesn't mean its made to the same specifications

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    They're ok, goid for the price. I wouldn't make one an SBR, or use one in a build i plan on defending myself with

I've seen more than a few that were just incomplete, no detent holes, one had the BHO rollpin hole closed up on one side, one had the trigger pins mislocated, another had a safety detent spring hole that was a bit off, enough to cause binding.

Just because something comes from the same place, doesn't mean its made to the same specifications

Ordnance45B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2020
    Gulf Coast
    What is the consensus on the quality (or lack of it) relative to Anderson Manufacturing AM15 multi-caliber stripped lower receivers?

View attachment 222225

They probably produce variances for more manufacturers than most people realize. They are cheap because of their production output. When it comes to mil-spec lowers they make a damn good product. Besides most of the accuracy in an ar is in upper receiver, that's where lockup happens. If you end up with an upper and lower fitment with "slop" just add an oring or two to the rear tab of the upper.

Top Bottom