• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    When the suspect whirled back and pointed something at the officer, how did the officer know for sure it was a taser and not a gun the suspect had concealed? Please answer this question directly. No dancing around. Please answer this specific question.

There had been a violent struggle. Suspect does not just flee, suspect turns and points something at the officer following that violent struggle.

If the officer assumes it is the taser, the officer could pay with his life if he is wrong.

Sorry, but backing the officer 100% on this one.

Until I see some very overwhelming evidence that says differently, I have to say the officer was totally in the right.

If someone was running away, and then stopped and turned, and possibly pointing something at me, I'd more than likely pop a few rounds at least in their direction.
    Guns International

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gotta wonder what might have happened if they had let him go.

I really don’t like the way things tend to go down when cops are trying to serve warrants at a home. Now we have someone that has fought LE once already. He knows they’re coming to get him and has time to prepare...Doesn’t sound like a very good alternative.

How about this alternative. Don’t fight the cops and especially don’t take any of their weapons unless you are willing to take that path to its logical conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    When the suspect whirled back and pointed something at the officer, how did the officer know for sure it was a taser and not a gun the suspect had concealed? Please answer this question directly. No dancing around. Please answer this specific question.
    I will respond even though I said I was done with the topic. You asked a reasonable question.
    Specifically answered. They had spent 40 minutes with the guy and had patted him down during that time. There is a youtube video of the officers bodycams. They knew he had no guns. The only "weapon" he had was the cops Taser.
    Let's see how this goes with the legal system but I am willing to bet it is jail time for the shooter. DA supposed to make a decision on Wednesday. Anyone want to put some money on what the DA does?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I will respond even though I said I was done with the topic. You asked a reasonable question.
    Specifically answered. They had spent 40 minutes with the guy and had patted him down during that time. There is a youtube video of the officers bodycams. They knew he had no guns. The only "weapon" he had was the cops Taser.
    Let's see how this goes with the legal system but I am willing to bet it is jail time for the shooter. DA supposed to make a decision on Wednesday. Anyone want to put some money on what the DA does?
    There is always a gun in the fight...

I was looking for a video where a (Cali?) Deputy get sucker punched on a traffic stop then after she lost consciousness is beaten nearly to death in seconds with only fists... can't find it, grr

Anyway, police don't really have too many "special" privileges with using force or deadly force except enforcing court orders etc. Could YOU as an open carrying civilian or otherwise articulate a reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death if someone unjustifiably presented a Taser after a physical fight? I sure as heck could:

"He was resisting my attempts to effect a lawful arrest, then he pulled the taser (stole it from me) and I feared if I was incapacitated by being Tased he would have face stomped me causing SBI or taken my pistol and shot me or my partner." I can articulate that use of deadly force all day long, on or off duty...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I'll go with Hoji's assertion on this. IF they decide to charge the officers, it will be for political reasons, and using them as the scapegoats.

But you never answered my question. Have you ever been Tased, or lit up with a stun gun?

Have you ever wrestled with a drunk before?

If the answer to either questions is no, then you are making assumptions about something you have no knowledge of, or any experience with. So what in that qualifies you, to make a determiniation that any of those officers did anything wrong?

JoyJack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    Breckenridge, Texas
    There is always a gun in the fight...

I was looking for a video where a (Cali?) Deputy get sucker punched on a traffic stop then after she lost consciousness is beaten nearly to death in seconds with only fists... can't find it, grr

That could have been Michelle Jeter of the Carthage, Texas Police dept.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Didnt you hear the taser get fired during the scuffle?

Just asking.

I heard officer Rolfe's taser deploy when Brooks stood up. Either the taser had no effect on Brooks, or he didn't get both probes in him. The security cam footage from the Wendy's shows Rolfe chasing Brooks with his taser outstretched, seems logical Rolfe believed that the probes were in him, and he's probably trying to do follow up shocks.

It also sounds like the POP of a taser deploying a second before Rolfe goes to guns on him, right as Brooks was swinging the taser toward him. I don't think that Rolfe had time to ditch the initial cartridge and switch to a 2nd in the time it took for him to get to his feet and chase Brooks, so it seems that the most likely pop would be from Brooks' taser. At that point you can see Officer Rolfe drop his taser hand down while drawing his pistol and firing three shots, then you see the taser fall from Brooks hand and skitter while Brooks himself goes down.

My morbid curiosity does wonder what caliber and load that APD carries, as it looked pretty damn effective.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Some things here....

1. This is still an ongoing investigation. It needs to run its course in an analytical, unbiased manner, and the information from it needs to become public....either in a press release or at trial. Making a judgment before the investigation is concluded is just as dangerous as not investigating at all.

.....seems like the term "investigation" is becoming extinct in the police and judicial vocations these days....

2. Any fight....ANY fight....can become a lethal force encounter in a blink. And any weapon....ANY weapon....can become lethal if used in that way. That fact alone is why I try to avoid fights whenever possible.

3. Would a reasonable person conclude from this video that, when the LEO was tased, the perp would no longer be a threat to the safety of the officer?

Would a reasonable person conclude from this video that, when the perp rendered the first LEO immobile, the perp would not be a threat to the second LEO?

Would YOU, a reasonable person, conclude from this video that, in the same circumstances as either LEO, that you would be in danger of death or significant bodily harm?

Would YOU, a reasonable person, conclude from this video that, in the same circumstances as the perp, your actions would be considered a danger of death or significant bodily harm to either or both LEOs?

The answers to these questions are the answers to this incident......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Political sacrifice to the alter of woke.
    LEOs, I seriously would not mind a bit if 100% of y’all take a couple of weeks off due to possible WuFlu. 100% of y’all at the same time. Let these SJWs see what that actually looks like.
    Yep. Hope the jury doesn't go along with the LEO being thrown under the bus. The DA is likely to do so.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Political sacrifice to the alter of woke.
    LEOs, I seriously would not mind a bit if 100% of y’all take a couple of weeks off due to possible WuFlu. 100% of y’all at the same time. Let these SJWs see what that actually looks like.
    My desire to serve comes from a sense of duty. No blue flu for me or anybody I know.

Top Bottom