• ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Hmmm....10mm vs. 45 ACP!

.45 - they all fall to hard ball. Bigger hole to bleed from. Won two world wars, fought in Korea and Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq plus some south American shitholes. :cowboy: Metric guns are for commies and girls and cross dressing bearded midget lovers. :flag:
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    .45 - they all fall to hard ball. Bigger hole to bleed from. Won two world wars, fought in Korea and Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq plus some south American shitholes. :cowboy: Metric guns are for commies and girls and cross dressing bearded midget lovers. :flag:

And just what do you have against cross dressing bearded midget lovers? Are you racist of something?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Yep, I read that article when it came out. What the article left out was the expletives his wife uttered trying to get the shit stains out of his pants :eek: That was a frickin intense story to read, and I can't even begin to think about what that cop was actually feeling. Closest I've come is coming face to face with 100+ protesters after taking the wrong way home a few weeks ago, and all I was carrying was my Kimber + a spare mag, giving me less ammo total than my M&P 9 (my usual EDC) carries, I haven't carried the Kimber while at work since that day. I'm toting the M&P + 2 17-round spares every day.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Officer that shot Brooks charged with 11 charges including felony charges.
    Ain't looking good legally for him.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Officer that shot Brooks charged with 11 charges including felony charges.
    Ain't looking good legally for him.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I had a buddy that would think the same thing about this as what happened with the cop using Floyd as a knee rest. He said we were being set-up because the charges got elevated by politics, and he'll walk. Then the real riots will start. He might have a point.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Which is very respectable and appreciated by most of those that don't lump all cops (or people) together. At the same time, most of us wouldn't hold it against the cops to take a break, protest against those tying your hands, show the dismantle/defund people why cops are needed more than they think, or even to think solely of yourselves and family in these (what everyone refers to lately as "crazy times").

Above all thank you for serving my community, even though I'm no longer in Austin and may have been pulled over by you, haha who knows. I don't have a lot but within reason, if you need supplies for work or everyday life and have trouble getting them, let me know. I will assist and with the TGT community extension, I'm sure we can get you covered.
    Haha, if if I pulled you over, I am sure we would have both enjoyed talking.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Serious charges for Rolfe and his partner is testifying against him. Apparently Rolfe yelled something to the effect that "we got him" and kicked Brooks while he was down after being shot twice. That one act could be the single thing that puts Rolfe in jail. I can see the prosecution, "you were so angry that he got away with your taser that you shot him for anger and kicked him once he was down". No medical aid was rendered for 2 minutes. I had not heard about the kicking before. In fear for his life or just plain old p#ssed?
    Let's see what a jury decides.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Serious charges for Rolfe and his partner is testifying against him. Apparently Rolfe yelled something to the effect that "we got him" and kicked Brooks while he was down after being shot twice. That one act could be the single thing that puts Rolfe in jail. I can see the prosecution, "you were so angry that he got away with your taser that you shot him for anger and kicked him once he was down". No medical aid was rendered for 2 minutes. I had not heard about the kicking before. In fear for his life or just plain old p#ssed?
    Let's see what a jury decides.

That's the thing - it wasn't even Rolfe that got the worst of the dogpile - it was his partner who got punched and has his taser taken. Rolfe was the one who got to his knees and tried tasing Brooks as Brooks shook them free and began taking off. If anyone was "justified" in kicking Brooks after he was shot, it'd be the partner who got his bell rung from the punch and then had his taser taken from him.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    A lot of the sequence I just didn't know about.

There's a good video posted earlier in this thread - a compilation of body cams, dash cam, and Wendy's security cam.

For 30+ minutes, things went great, Brooks was calm, the officers were respectful.

Then Rolfe tells him that he's had too much to drink, he's impaired, and is under arrest and begins to move Brooks' hands behind his back to be cuffed - then the fight is on. Brooks gets tackled and both cops land on top. The other officer pulls his taser and hesitates in deploying it at contact range on Brooks' thigh and leg. Then Brooks lands a blow against that cop and wrenches the taser from him before standing and tossing one of the cops (I think the one who lost his taser) to the ground. Turns out the 2nd cop got a concussion there.

At this point Rolfe gets to his knees, draws his taser and fires it and Brooks begins fleeing. Rolfe is on his feet and the chase is on. Wendy's security cam shows Brooks fleeing, Rolfe on his heels - left arm outstretched with the taser still in his hand - one can assume that he believes or knows that the wires are still connected to Brooks, but Brooks had shown zero effect from the taser. They made it what looks about 20 feet before Brooks then turns, while still running and you see the light from the stolen taser coming around and in line with Rolfe. A split second later you see the puff of smoke from Brooks' taser deploying - he did in fact fire the taser at Rolfe. You can hear the POP from it on Rolfe's body cam also.

AT this point Rolfe drops his taser hand and draws his pistol, firing three shots - two of which struck Brooks, the other I guess hit an occupied car behind them. 66% hits on target while running is damn impressive for the average cop, but one of the charges against Rolfe is aggravated assault in relation to the round that missed and hit the occupied car. You see Brooks' partner reach him right about the time Brooks' hits the pavement after being shot.

Rolfe said during his interview that he thought Brooks might have a firearm and been shooting at him, that's why he feared for his life and shot. THIS is where my personal opinion things go to shit for him - they already patted him down, they already spent 30 minutes with him, he knew (or should have reasonably known) the weapon in his hand was the stolen taser, not a gun that materialized magically.

If he'd said "I was afraid he was going to hit me with the taser and incapacitate me and take my weapon, which would have allowed him to kill me, my partner, or an innocent bystander" then OK, I'm good with that. But that's not his explanation. And with the time and with all the different video angles, and my own read on the situation I think they *could* have handled that situation differently, and should've - but I wasn't IN the situation, and by all the evidence I've seen I think this IS a legally justified shooting, if not entirely a morally justified one in my own mind.

If I was on the jury, I'd acquit the officers of all charges.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I want to know where to “kick” came from. The family and their attorney (according to Fox) knew nothing of it. Is there video evidence or is it a witness statement? From bystander or the other cop?

IF he did that it definitely changes things, but it seems to just be a random accusation floating around.

The DA is definitely hitting the cop with everything he can come up with. Then there is talk of removing grand jury trials and skipping straight to the criminal trial. I don’t like the idea of creating a separate form of justice for a different group. Although I get there are already certain things that play out different which I may also not agree with.

I hate that everything is so politically charged I have to question whether or not I can trust gov officials to pursue charges without political bias. So I’m just gonna sit on the fence with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I told my sons that if they get shot while trying to shoot a taser at police, they’d get no sympathy from me. The same goes for them if they try to bash someone’s head with a skateboard.

If you attack a cop (or an innocent armed person) you deserve to get shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Fun time in ATL -- Twitter is suggesting 4 of 6 precincts are kinda-sorta not responding to calls
    Apparently they're picking and choosing which calls they'll respond to (cat stuck in tree) and which ones they won't (everything else). City attempting to backfill with Sheriffs.

If true, I say, 'bout damn time. The whole PD nationwide should kinda-sorta walk out along with them.

Top Bottom