• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I finally made up my mind and I am going to get an XD 45 as my first ever handgun.

I was just curious to see what others do or don't do to their XDs and what kind of setups are possible with XDs.

Heck I would like to know what kind of customizations if any are available.

IF you EVER come out and shoot with us, SOMEONE will have an XD .45 out there and I am sure HE will let you try it.
    Capitol Armory ad

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Took my XD service 40 and sawed the handle off... (NOTE: To those of you looking to do this it is a very slow and tedious project to get the right fit... Definitely use a Dremel with multiple bits) Anyways after the hours it took to finish the job I am so pleased with the work... With the Pearce grip extension it adds a beautiful feel to the piece... You have the longer barrel (greater accuracy wink wink)... You also have the ability to put an even longer barrel on if I want to in the future (5" Tactical).... But it is coupled with the compact grip that you would normally find on the 45ACP Compact model or the Subcompact model... I love it... I also ordered the barrels for it to take it to a 9 and a 357... 9 for target and most of the time I'll probably pack the 357... I also like the smaller handle because the 4" barrel still fits in smoothly to the holster my subbie used to and the handle doesn't jet out like it used to... I'm a small fry (my dad still to this day calls me "stick boy") so handle protrusion is a big deal for me and finding the right piece.. gotta say with this modification I think I may love my XD even more than I did and I didn't know that was possible...

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    100_1044.gif

The family side by side... I don't really like the Sub-compact with the extended handle... I much prefer the Pearce grip so I don't even know why I took this one...

My 40 S&W Service model after I trimmed the handle to the same dimensions as the Sub-Compact model... I love this gun now paired with the Pearce grip extension as it cradles in my hand much more naturally

The aforementioned gun with Pearce grip extension... Heaven IDK but just about...

100_1286.gif

Very ideal fit and placement in the palm of my hand...

This new combination will be carried for a long time I imagine...

I have already ordered the Storm Lake barrels to make my wonder a 357 Sig for potential carry and also a 9mm for cheaper practice...

I am a happy man...

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Does anyone have an XD compact in the Round Rock or Georgetown area that I could borrow for a brief period of time this week? I won't be needing it long... I'm finishing the customization of my Service model and need to make a plaster cast of the bottom of the grip and the bottom of the magazine well... I'm finishing it off with a nice resin to just make a smooth fit... There'd be no damage to your gun and I'd clean every inch of it before you got it back so that you'd never even know the difference... If this sounds like something someone with a heart of gold would be willing to do please give me a shout...

martywj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burleson
    I recently tried though rentals at the gun range a XD45 Compact 4", a XD40 Subcompact, and a XD9 Subcompact. I was very impressed with all of them. I am looking to replace my Taurus Mil Pro PT140. I really liked the XD9 the best, and believe it will work the best for concealability.

One Question does anyone know if there are conversion barrels for the XD40 Subcompact to allow me to shoot 9mm and .357 Sig?

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    would maybe have bought one if it was still an HS2000 and $250. No thanks to paying $5-700 for a $250 Croatian pistol that you cannot buy parts for and have to send in for any problems. ymmv

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    I recently tried though rentals at the gun range a XD45 Compact 4", a XD40 Subcompact, and a XD9 Subcompact. I was very impressed with all of them. I am looking to replace my Taurus Mil Pro PT140. I really liked the XD9 the best, and believe it will work the best for concealability.

One Question does anyone know if there are conversion barrels for the XD40 Subcompact to allow me to shoot 9mm and .357 Sig?

Yes, If you buy the 40, you can purchase drop in barrels for about $160 ea. EFKFiredragon Products The recoil spring is the same, so there is no need to change it. All you'll need is new mags to hold the 357 or 9mm. SOme guys on XDTalk say they were able to use their 40 cal barrels, but most had problems with that unless they modified the feed lip. AGain, save yourself the hassle and just buy new mags

martywj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burleson
    Yes, If you buy the 40, you can purchase drop in barrels for about $160 ea. EFKFiredragon Products The recoil spring is the same, so there is no need to change it. All you'll need is new mags to hold the 357 or 9mm. SOme guys on XDTalk say they were able to use their 40 cal barrels, but most had problems with that unless they modified the feed lip. AGain, save yourself the hassle and just buy new mags

Thanks for the info! That pretty much nails it for me, look like I will be getting a XD40 Subcompact.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    its been like that for years now about 4 years ago i sold one of my xd's to a friend and he lost something while cleaning it and he said he didnt have a problem ordering the new part.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    smart move on their part,i think the xd is a nice weapon but i still trust my glocks. i've been toying with buying an xd or m&p subcompact for another ccw but the whole rust issue with the m&p has kept me from getting one. now that i know springer sells parts i may have a second look at the xd9sc.

Top Bottom