Any XD owners out there...

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by onac255, May 12, 2008.

1. onac255

onac255 Active Member

Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I finally made up my mind and I am going to get an XD 45 as my first ever handgun.

I was just curious to see what others do or don't do to their XDs and what kind of setups are possible with XDs.

Heck I would like to know what kind of customizations if any are available.

2. htxred

htxred Active Member

Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i've heard alot of people try to turn their xd's into glocks. lol j/k

3. I have four XDs. All stock except my IDPA gun. It has aftermarket springs for a slightly lighter trigger.

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    [​IMG]
    onac255 as you know I have the XD40 .I am going to be getting one of the new ones with the thumb safety when the tax stimulus gets here.:smoker:I am also getting a surefire tac light for it.

5. tex45acp

tex45acp Active Member

Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I have had an XD45 Service since they came out and it is one of my most shot 45acp guns. I changed the factory sights out with the TruGlo Tritium Fiber Optic's and bought a custom holster from Gary Brommeland to carry it IWB. I highly recommend them. I have yet to find anything that this gun does not like to shoot and shoots just about any 230gr. round to point of aim.......every time. While out of the holster playing the home defense role it wears an X2 to light up anything that goes bump in the night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is it accurate......you be the judge!!!
    [​IMG]

6. onac255

onac255 Active Member

Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Thanks for everything fellas and thanks for the pics Tex45ACP. I am glad that its a great "all-around" gun but it is an excellent choice for my first handgun.

Do you guys know anything as far as trigger jobs, guide rods, and other "upgrades" for that matter? Or is the XD pretty much fine as is?

7. 300shooter

300shooter Active Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    4"service model here 45acp

8. carneyman

carneyman Active Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    I just bought a XD40 yesterday as my first handgun. My friend has one and I really liked shooting it, so when I got enough money, I convinced the wife to let me get one. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but hopefully within the next few days.

9. Tim the Teacher

Tim the Teacher New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    XD40sc for as my weapon of choice on Saturday and my wife has an XD9sc as her EDC. Both owned for over a year and extremely reliable on range days.

10. I like my XDs just the way they are. I do have lighter trigger springs in my XD9tac which is my IDPA gun, and I have a Pearce Grip Extension on the short magazine of my XD40subcompact, my carry gun. If you check out www.pistolgear.com, they have lighter trigger springs, full trigger kits, match barrels, etc.