• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oxbld

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Mesquite
    My very first firearm was an XD-40 Service. I wouldn't trade it for anything, its flawless. I chose it after renting one, along with a Glock 23, and borrowing my father-in-law's Sig P228. The XD just felt the best to me, and I shot it better than the others. I purchased one on the way home.

leftseat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Cedar Hill,Tx
    XD 45 service and a XD 9. I use the XD 45 as my carry weapon and the XD 9 as my range weapon. 9 mm ammo is cheaper. I am looking for a used XD 45c as I write this. I carry in a UBG holster. Great holster and fast turn around time.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    Can you be more specific? :)

First Generation HS2000, affectionately known as "The Croatian Sensation".

standard.jpg

Member #17 at XD-Talk

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    i own an xd9sc. im in the process of waiting for my CHL (94 days now ) and just ordered a crossbreed supertuck earlier today! my favorite gun by far!

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I just bought a XD40 yesterday as my first handgun. My friend has one and I really liked shooting it, so when I got enough money, I convinced the wife to let me get one. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but hopefully within the next few days.

Hey, I used to drive one of those Abrams tanks for the Idaho National Guard. Actually you can buy the M1 tank (demilled of course) for about $500,000 from a guy in Fruitland Idaho. IDAHOMOTORPOOL.COM. Once in a great while he acquires one from somewhere. He does however have quite a few vehicles. Above is a link to his website.

toobs4us

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    I've had mine now for 3/4 weeks. I bought it right after hurricane Ike. LOVE IT. I have the Subcompact version. I'm looking for a good CCW holster for it. All the ones that I've seen are rather bulky and hard to conceal. Any ideas?

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I had the XD in 9mm 40, 45 acp and 45 GAP. I had to sell the first three so i could move to texas. I will take the 45GAP to my grave. I love it

Lumberjack98

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Katy
    I've had mine now for 3/4 weeks. I bought it right after hurricane Ike. LOVE IT. I have the Subcompact version. I'm looking for a good CCW holster for it. All the ones that I've seen are rather bulky and hard to conceal. Any ideas?

Check out the offerings from Comp-Tac.

Gun-Works

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Tennessee
    I have the 3,4,and 5 in 9 and 45all very reliable shooters,one happy fella.we do sell a lot of XD holsters,if we can help you out give us a shout..

toobs4us

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    SOB (Small of Back) Recommendations?

I have an XD-40 SubCompact, just recieved my CHL, and am currently in the midst of researching a holster investment. I've found that I favor the SOB (small of back) design, but am not convinced on it as of yet. I can't seem to find any around town (houston), and the only SOB holsters that I've found online are from Galco and there $96. Any suggestions? Pros/Cons?

1lowlife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Forney, TEXAS
    I have an XD-40 SubCompact, just recieved my CHL, and am currently in the midst of researching a holster investment. I've found that I favor the SOB (small of back) design, but am not convinced on it as of yet. I can't seem to find any around town (houston), and the only SOB holsters that I've found online are from Galco and there $96. Any suggestions? Pros/Cons?

toobs4us, I'd rethink the SOB holster.
    Impossible to sit in a vehicle, or sit anywhere for that matter, with one on.
    Too much risk of falling on it in a confrontation and risking damage to you spine.
    That thing sits right there on you lower back, right in the middle.
    Also the draw is further, more of a reach around, than say a IWB or OWB belt holster.
    If you want IWB a Crossbreed Supertuck is hard to beat.
    I've been looking for a nice belt holster for my P239 but have yet to purchase one.
    This place has the best prices I've found on holsters of any kind, usually with free shipping.
    OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear

Holsters FREE UPS Gun holsters Galco Bianchi Safariland Fobus concealed pistol Holster kydex 5.11 Uncle Mikes Law Enforcement Blackhawk Blackwater

Galco SOB runs around $78 there.
    Good luck..1LL

leftseat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Cedar Hill,Tx
    I would also rethink the sob holster for the same reasons stated by 1 lowlife.I shy away from
    kydex
    holsters because of increased holster wear. I use nothing but leather. There are a ton of good holster makers but they usually have a long waiting list. I buy all my leather from ubgholsters.com, You get quality,good prices, and a short turn around.

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    i carry my xd9 subby in a crossbreed supertuck and its the most comfortable IWB holster ive found and it makes the gun dissappear. its like 75 bucks and Mark runs a great company. most pple have been getting theirs right at a week from ordering. crossbreed also makes a IWB specifically for SOB carry. you should def. check them out. u wont be dissappointed.

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I have an XD45 that just came back from Robar with NP3 finish, great pistol, very very slick.

Top Bottom