• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    yeah that is what I am noticing.

I have been reading up on the .40 S&W and some people say its the best of both worlds

You get capacity that is similar to 9mm but you get the punch of a .45

What do you all think?

Damn it!! I had my mind all made up on a .45 but now the .40 is starting to sound good...
    Capitol Armory ad

propellerhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The XD45 is really really pleasing to shoot. There's something about that slow push back that you don't get from the quicker snap of the 9mm and .40SW.
    onac255, a lot of people like lighter recoil.I got my wife the XD 40 and now she shoots that Rock 45 I showed you.The 9 and 40 are also more accurate.
    I'm more accurate with my XD45 Service than I was with my XD9 Service.

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    yeah that is what I am noticing.

I have been reading up on the .40 S&W and some people say its the best of both worlds

You get capacity that is similar to 9mm but you get the punch of a .45

What do you all think?

Damn it!! I had my mind all made up on a .45 but now the .40 is starting to sound good...

the .40 and .45 are real similar ballistically, the .45 is just bigger

I've got the XD40, great gun

Lobo_79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I finally made up my mind and I am going to get an XD 45 as my first ever handgun. ...Heck I would like to know what kind of customizations if any are available.

I have an XD45 Service model. It's a good shooter (read: accurate and reliable), and you've got to love the high capacity of these handguns. 14 rounds of Corbon's is a lot of deterrence.

If you're serious about customizing an XD checkout www.robarguns.com.

midnightrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    My first two pistols were an XD-45 service and an XD-9mm Subcompact. Shot the heck out of both and loved "almost" everything about them.

Pro's: The base price is great, they're light, accurate, and will eat anything you can feed them. One great pro is it's not a Glock

Con's: Trigger pull and reset is too long IMOH, cost of a trigger job will run you about $100-$150 (not including shipping and handling), you can add a match barrel and other after-market parts, but by the time it's all added up you could have bought a fairly good middle of the road 1911.

Carry-wise, they tend to be on the "thick" side compared to other pistols, but I carried my XD-9mm SC in a Gould and Goodrich high-ride OWB without any printing problems. Get a good belt and holster, don't skimp if you are using it for CCW.

.45 versus .40
    I may draw flak on this one, but the perceived recoil on the .40 cal is more than on the .45.
    The cheapest price on a 50rd. box of .45 when I started shooting my XD-45 was around $8.25, that same box of 50 is now $14.99 and still rising. If you decide to reload you can get that price down (if you reuse brass), but you won't really save money, you'll just shoot more.

Number of rounds:
    Having 13/16/......rounds to shoot is great, but statistically most deadly encounters are fought from withing 21 feet "or less" and are over in seconds. If you're in a fire-fight that lasts longer and requires multiple rds and mags then I hope you've dialed 911 and are looking for an escape route to disengage. :eek:

My main carries today are a Springfield Armory EMP 9mm and/or a S&W 1911PD .45cal (Gunsite Edition). I did see the new XDm's and may have to check them out, they were looking pretty good. :D

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I have an XD40 subcompact - Love it. I have an XD45 4 inch barrel-- Love it. I bought a standard size XD9 - Didn't care too much for it. Not sure why?:confused: It wasn't as comfortable in my hand while shooting like the other XD's. Didn't make much since to me, but just didn't like it as much. I love shooting the 40 and 45 though. I actually bought a M&P subcompact 9mm about the same time I bought the XD9. I love the M&P. It is very comfortable for me to shoot. It doesn't have the safety's that the XD9 had, but I liked it better. So, I sold the XD9 and kept the M&P 9. It probably has something to do with my small hand.

redintex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    I have an XD9 SubCompact and love it. I should have gotten the 40SC, as I prefer 40 or 45; however, it is still an incredible weapon! Don't think you can go wrong with one!!!

redintex

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I've had an XD40 4-inch for several years and it's one of my favorite guns ... however ... really started Jonesing for an EMP to carry, so it may have to go ...

rz1988

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I have the XD 45 4" Service. I love it, if I had it to do over again I would buy the 4" compact instead. The butt is usually what prints.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I bought a XD-45 5" tactical 3 weeks ago. I still have not shot it!:mad: I went to Cabela's last week and bought more magazines. I will run about 200 rounds through it tomorrow!

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Its nice to see some XDtalk members here. Needless to say now, the XD's are exceptional weapons. i had a xd40 service and now have a xd9sc. both great guns. IMO its the best bang for the buck right now!

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Old thread, but I love my XD9. I picked the 9 over the other calibers because of ammo price. 16+1 isn't bad either.

Breadfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Croatia
    I'm a proud ownder of XD-9 (which goes as HS-9 in Croatia and non-US countries). I was planning to get CZ-75B and changed my mind at the last minute. Over a year now, almost 3000 rounds and no problems whatsoever:

haso.jpg

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Are you asking me if these targets were made by another gun??? If so, the answer is no!! I do use the Shoot-N-C covers for just about all my guns. Sure makes it easy to see the holes clearly. Especially for these aging eyes.

I do have Shoot-N-C targets from many of my guns though:
    Hard Chrome BHP
    HDCROMEBHP.jpg

Blued BHP
    BLUEBHP.jpg

3" GP-100
    W145ST15.jpg

more GP-100
    MH158JHP15.jpg

how about a Taurus PT-145
    TaurusTarget.jpg
    i asked because you said it was accurate, i asked if all your targets looked like that, trying to make the point of you're an accurate shooter, not that you have accurate guns. :)

gunmaster4357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    I have a two week old xd-40, I love it to death, great sidearm. I use wolf, magtech, s and b, and winchester ammo. Does anyone else use wolf ammo for target practice????

Brett G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    Got one in 45. I really like it and am looking forward to them putting the new XDM in 45 one of these days (at least I hope they will).

Brett

1lowlife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Forney, TEXAS
    Top Bottom