DK Firearms

Anyone actually have experience with HiPoint?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Sounding more and more like a 1911....

1B12FE6A-809F-40E7-BF2C-323B4DD3E055.jpeg

Attachments

• 1B12FE6A-809F-40E7-BF2C-323B4DD3E055.jpeg
      1B12FE6A-809F-40E7-BF2C-323B4DD3E055.jpeg
      66.6 KB · Views: 544

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I’ve read it’s like a 300 round break in period lol
    Was more like 300 round FTF break down period. Broke down and paid $25 to have someone polish the feed ramp.

If you're actually going to get one, I think it's only appropriate to buy one and then make it seriously ridiculous. Like hello kitty, or $100 bills, or whatever hilarious thing.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    BIL bought one about 2 years ago in 45 ACP. We took it to the range and both shot it. It went bang every time, but at 10 yards the bullets were key-holing. All of them, not just a few. I don't know if he ever sent it back for repair. I thought maybe it didn't have any rifling.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    I have owned a Hi-Point, but that was many, many years ago, think it was one of the first gen pistols. The one I had ran pretty much flawless, although I didn't put many rounds through it. The newer models seem to operate a bit smoother, but like others have said, it's not a very accurate shooter if your trying to shoot the center out of the bullseye. But for self defense, center mass shots at 7 yrds, it will get the job done no problem. Is it ugly? yes. Is it heavy? yes. But for the most part, it will hold up just fine. Friend of mine has one of the newer models, he has put it through a lot and keeps on ticking, need to txt him to see how many rounds he has through it now. I know the round count is way up there, no matter what he shoots at the range, that hi-point gets fired every session.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    LTC / Level III security instructor here.
    In almost 20 years of calling firing lines for qualification I have NEVER. had a Hi-Point pistol make it through a 50 round course of fire without multiple malfunctions. Not a single one.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I own 4 of them.

- 4595 Carbine (.45 ACP)
    - JHP 45
    - JCP 40
    - C9
    - Traded my CF 380

I have no qualms about owning them either. They simply work and hit where I am usually aiming. Their use is sporadic throughout the year for me, but they do get shot quite often alongside Glocks, Caniks, Sigs and S&W's.

In the past, they have come in handy when testing various gimmick loads and powder charges that may not work as intended. I would rather test these loads out of an HP than a SIG or S&W. The .380 was such a sweet shooter, I traded it to a friend that HAD TO HAVE IT for a fair condition Arisaka back in 2010. It was a good trade.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Inexpensive, decently reliable, top heavy, awkward and fugly! But they sure beat having just a sharp stick!

There are much better choices available than a Hi-Point. But if you're strapped for cash, they are better than nothing. The do have one of the best warranties in the industry, and from what I have heard, some really great customer service.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I shot one that a person bought to the range. I pulled the trigger it fired and hit the target in the center of mass. I used my own ammo to fire about 100 rounds. it worked every time. It is ugly as hell I will admit. if it is all I could afford I would buy one.

Top Bottom