Military Camp

Anyone ever think about burying a rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Bury a gun and ammo for 15 years by Charles Wood Issue #115

This article tells about a guy that did an expirment with a rifle for 15 years.

I guess the point is to keep the gun grabbers from that one rifle and be able to dig it up should SHTF. Pretty cool article. I have a sawn off to 19" benelli nova I would be willing to put under ground for potential SHTF after confiscation. I may pick up a cheap used 38spl to go with it.

Get some silica gel and cosmoline the hell out of the guns. Pack them with some ammo, a CC holster and gun cleaning supplies and you would have a decent setup.

Of course I wouldnt give up my other guns without a fight but there are circumstances where you wouldn't want all of your eggs in one gun safe.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That is a pretty good article. I have thought about doing the same thing, but don't (at this point) see the need for it. It is a well layed out plan though.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I would rather build one because I like to build stuff. It would be a cool feeling to have a gun buried under ground just in case.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Well you could also do this when you hear of confiscations occurring. Then just keep a POS black powder pistol in the house for them to take if they come. That way you can keep your guns and not have to risk you life to do it. There is a time and a place to fight for your rights. Its a generally bad idea for someone to try to take down multiple highly trained and highly armed swat style personnel.

Yall need to watch this video, you are not impervious to gun confiscations.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Yeah. I'm not seriously saying I want to go down in a gunfight with the BATF or whoever is in charge of taking away guns... If the situation ever arises, I can assure you that there will be no quality firearms for them to pick up. Maybe a sacrificial cheapo or two.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    you cant bury enough guns or ammo to make it worth the trouble.

in 20 years I dig up a gun (if i can find it) and my 200 rounds of ancient (probably ruined) ammo...

and then do what?

guns will always be available and are easier to hide in plain sight than to bury

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Problem: Metal detectors.

I'm with zembonez. Definitely not a stand-up slugfest, though. I know I'll lose that... there are smarter ways to fight.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'm with zembonez. Definitely not a stand-up slugfest, though. I know I'll lose that... there are smarter ways to fight.

Also, I think we civilians have some good numbers and could put up a good front. I don't see too many of our troops and LEOs wanting to take part in the confiscations and killing of fellow citizens. I have spoken to my brother who is a Sheriff's Deputy about this, and he said he'd quit first. He doesn't want to have to shoot fellow citizens, and he doesn't want to get shot himself.

A little off topic, but I don't think a couple burried guns here and there are going to do much good anyways.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I don't see too many of our troops and LEOs wanting to take part in the confiscations and killing of fellow citizens.

The confiscations happened in Lousiana; the killings happened in Waco and Ruby Ridge. Most cops and military wouldn't want to do either, but there are enough of them that would to be of concern.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Also, I think we civilians have some good numbers and could put up a good front. I don't see too many of our troops and LEOs wanting to take part in the confiscations and killing of fellow citizens. I have spoken to my brother who is a Sheriff's Deputy about this, and he said he'd quit first. He doesn't want to have to shoot fellow citizens, and he doesn't want to get shot himself.

A little off topic, but I don't think a couple burried guns here and there are going to do much good anyways.

How many of us are really willing to put our lives on the line, though? How many will think of their families first?

I haven't got a wife or kids. It's just me, myself and I. I've got a dog to take care of, but cops will shoot her if they come in the house anyway.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    How many of us are really willing to put our lives on the line, though? How many will think of their families first?

I haven't got a wife or kids. It's just me, myself and I. I've got a dog to take care of, but cops will shoot her if they come in the house anyway.
    I just hope we don't have to find out. My reasons to fight would be FOR my family, and their future, even of it means I wouldn't get to enjoy it with them. They are more important than me.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    During the dark days of the Clinton Administration, when it looked like he was going to get away with crushing the 2nd Amendment, it was hard to find a large PVC pipe cap because MANY people were burying guns and ammo.

I have to agree with the moderator - Let 'em come. I'd rather go down like Butch and Sundance.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Waco and Ruby Ridge were clusterf*#ks but they were isolated incidents of LE going after a certain person or organization. The gun roundup during Katrina was a small part of a small city. A nationwide roundup would be next to impossible and many LEOs in the south, west and northwest wouldn't take part.
    A more likely scenario would be the slicing away a piece at a time over a year or two...not a wholesale roundup all at once.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    How do you shoot it if it's buried? I don't get it.

BTW, there are devices that detect altered patterns in the soil. They can find it if they really want to.

I think most LEOs, at least in Texas, would refuse to do a confiscation.

Top Bottom