APOD Firearms

Anyone ever think about burying a rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I don't know any active duty service member that would confiscate weapons, either.

They do it in the desert all the time. It's been established in the past that there were Marines who would kill Americans resisting gun confiscation. This was a question on a 1994 survey. Unfortunately the only website I can find with the complete text drifts into kook territory, but here it is:

United Nations

Edit: Here's some more info:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37575

The man who wrote the questionnaire feels there would be a "Complete unit break-down" if Marines were ever ordered to fire upon gun-lovers, but what concerns me is there are plenty who would do it if they could.
    Texas SOT

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    They do it in the desert all the time. It's been established in the past that there were Marines who would kill Americans resisting gun confiscation. This was a question on a 1994 survey. Unfortunately the only website I can find with the complete text drifts into kook territory, but here it is:
    They take guns from American citizens in the desert??? Where?
    1994 is an old survey and as you stated, it is in kook territory. I work with police, Clockwork works with military guys, we probably have a good feel for their attitudes.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Burying an entire gun seems silly- you obviously can't get to it in an emergency. If you're burying it to hide it from confiscation- what's the point? You'll never be able to dig it up and use it without getting locked up- you essentially sent it to it's grave. Better to keep it at hand when the gun-grabbers come. Keep your gun and give them plenty of bullets instead.

This makes sense to me.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Wow, it seems as though a sore subject has been breeched here. A law abiding citizen would never go to such lengths, to become an outlaw. Bad laws are just that, and will be overturned. Our neighbors in Canada, Great Britain, and Australia did not have constitutional guarantees of the right to bear arms. Wait until your rights are on the verge of being violated before taking drastic actions. Knowing the speed at which government works, it would take a decade for intolerable actions to be taken. Don't become a hoarder based on the mumblings of a gun forum. Become a vocal majority and fight for your rights. You have a vote, and a powerful medium in the online world in which to voice it.
    Crazy plans based on conjecture and unfounded rumors are harmful to everyone. In the event that the laws are changed, and rights are violated, there are plenty of opportunities to right the wrongs before chaos erupts.
    Good judgement will prevail over anarchy, in all but the most extreme circumstances.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    All I'm saying is that there wasn't a shortage of people willing to confiscate in Louisiana after Katrina. The gun owners didn't have a chance.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Where would one find such a ridiculous statistic? Believe what you wish...I believe I have a bit more grasp on the heartbeat of LE that you do my friend. Most cops in Texas would not participate. Maybe they wouldnt outright refuse...but cops are good at acting like they are working when they set their mind to it. This is tin-foil hat nonsense. Why you would bury a firearm at this point in time is beyond me.

I knew it! Shammers, the lot of you! :p

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    All I'm saying is that there wasn't a shortage of people willing to confiscate in Louisiana after Katrina. The gun owners didn't have a chance.

They trucked in LEOs from different states for that. The most infamous video to come out of that stars members of the California Highway Patrol.

I strongly suspect CHP is the worst LEA in the US.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    They trucked in LEOs from different states for that. The most infamous video to come out of that stars members of the California Highway Patrol.

I strongly suspect CHP is the worst LEA in the US.

CHP in Texas have no authority as far as I'm concerned. Same thing as my neighbor trying to come steal my guns.

Anyone who takes an oath to the Constitution and comes to violate your rights is committing treason and should be treated as a traitor.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    CHP in Texas have no authority as far as I'm concerned. Same thing as my neighbor trying to come steal my guns.

Anyone who takes an oath to the Constitution and comes to violate your rights is committing treason and should be treated as a traitor.

Yeah, tell that to the three 200 lb linebacker types who are dragging you down and beating on you inside your own kitchen for having a revolver.

Oh, boy... now I'm all pissed off over that video again. Those bastards should be gelded. With dull shears. Dull and rusty shears. Slowly.

Fucking bullies.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

In Katrina LEOs from around the country were working under the authority of the United States Marshall's, so they did have arrest authority. Katrina was unique. It happened in one of the most corrupt cities in the nation. Much of the local LE fled and as much as I hate to say it N.O. PD was not the most stellar department even in good times. New Orleans is very much a welfare/nanny city.

Here in Texas, I dont believe that we would import as much out of state LE for help in a disaster.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Here in Texas, armed citizens would be working right along side police officers in a crisis.

I think this is probably most likely when speaking of Texas LEOs. I predict the problems would probably come from out of state.

And Sage, I'm not worried about a few "linebacker" types. I used to be one myself. Then I played Rugby in College and learned what a real man's sport is, LOL.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Get with friends and create a plan to deal with bands of thugs/JBTs in a SHTF situation now and I'd say your odds of ending up like the old lady are pretty slim.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I think this is probably most likely when speaking of Texas LEOs. I predict the problems would probably come from out of state.

And Sage, I'm not worried about a few "linebacker" types. I used to be one myself. Then I played Rugby in College and learned what a real man's sport is, LOL.

I know several LEOs that I'd be proud to stand beside and fight. Luckily most of those guys are not power tripping pricks. I know there are always a few.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

The ATF agents that were knocking on doors in Houston because of multiple purchases were from out of state. Most people don't want to do this kind of thing to their neighbors. There are a few a-holes like that in every population, the Germans call them "blockwart".

Rugby is cool. Funny thing is there are fewer injuries because of the lack of pads.

Top Bottom