Anyone get any new firearms in very recently?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Whoa! 30 days?

Hopefully they will either give a go or no go before that long......but 2 yesterday and 3 folks today who were delayed...the "May be transferred date" is April 15th for them....

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Law or regulation...they are so overwhelmed that is how they are trying to handle it......

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hopefully they will either give a go or no go before that long......but 2 yesterday and 3 folks today who were delayed...the "May be transferred date" is April 15th for them....
    Any chance you can post a redacted shot of the proceed date form?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I have a new pistol being delivered to my LGS today that I ordered about a week ago. I have heard talk about it taking a long time to get the approval from the ATF. Are there excessive delays to get approvals for firearms transactions?

m5215,

Today, 19MAR20, I finally was able to go pick-up my new ZIGANA K, 9x19mm pistol that I ordered from CLASSIC FIREARMS.
    This handgun is BEAUTIFULLY machined, the size of a Colt's Commander & fits my hand well. 15 plus 1 capacity.

ERNESTO HERNANDEZ, who works out of 10 WEST TACTICAL here in suburban SATX, made me an OWB basket-weave holster in Black. - His handwork is FINE & his prices are reasonable, too.

yours, satx78247

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

FWIW, 10 WEST TACTICAL'S phone: 210-370-3016. 10 West Tactical is about 20 miles from downtown, SATX on the Service Road off IH-10.

NO, I do NOT work for the company. - This is just info for SATX locals.

Firearms transfers are 15 bucks for LEOs & military personnel, whether AD or retired. = YES, 10 West DOES ask you to show your ID.

yours, satx78247

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    m5215,

ERNESTO HERNANDEZ, who works out of 10 WEST TACTICAL here in suburban SATX, made me an OWB basket-weave holster in Black. - His handwork is FINE & his prices are reasonable, too.

yours, satx78247

He was CBS11 in a few minutes ago DFW talking about the upsurge in buying.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    If you waited until now to get prepared...............you are behind the curve[/Q]

Mohawk600,

IF you are a "newbie" to firearms & CHOOSE to get trained/buy a handgun/get licensed, I am pleased that you finally are preparing to defend your loved ones, home & yourself.

Mohawk is also 100% CORRECT that you are "behind the power curve" BUT better late than never, IMO.

yours, satx

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    A 1967 Chinese SKS from classics firearms.
    I ordered a IMI Uzi parts kit that I’ve converted to SA with a McKay receiver and a few other parts. I polished and blued the receiver. Ive been waiting on the firing pin spring for about a week slow shipping :(

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    @V-Tach

Are you seeing this message?

Good Afternoon,

As the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section works through the impact of the COVID-19 operationally, we are working to maintain our services. We are aware that states may be considering options to protect the health and safety of their employees, which may include a reduction in office availability or even closure to some offices.

Should a state choose to limit their days of operation or close state offices, this could potentially impact the Brady Transfer Date (BTD) by changing the time in which an FFL can legally transfer a firearm in a delayed status. The NICS Section urges FFLs to be cognizant of the impact this may have to your day-to-day operations, and also to stress the importance of adhering to the BTD that is provided to you at the time a transaction is put into a Delay status. The Brady Act does not federally prohibit an FFL from transferring a firearm after the third business day expires, even if the NICS Section has been unable to provide a proceed response, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 922(t)(1).

We appreciate your patience and partnership during this critical time and potential impact to NICS operations.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If the office is closed, it doesn't count towards the 3 days.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...digest/nssf-what-ffls-need-to-know-right-now/

"The three-business-day timeframe does not begin until relevant state offices are open for business. Additionally, because of the dramatic increase in volume, it is important to recognize that FBI staff may not be able to begin their research on delayed transactions as they normally would. It’s up to the FFL’s discretion, but they may want to consider waiting on a definitive response from the NICS before opting to proceed with a sale on any delayed transaction.

Patience and Prudence
    These are exceptional and uncertain times, and FFLs may wish to consider implementing temporary changes in order to safeguard their businesses and communities. However, please note that when state offices are closed, it does not constitute a “business day” for purposes of calculating the “three business days” period before an FFL may transfer a firearm to a non-licensee as mandated by the Brady Act."

Top Bottom