Hurley's Gold

Anyone spray paint/rattle can their guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    I’ve seen some guys get some good results with spray paint. I’m also thinking of trying some duracoat.

This color seems off though. It was supposed to be more of a neon pink, but it’s coming out more “fire truck red” under direct sunlight.

1C15B916-65F1-4FC1-AC6A-8828032F3026.jpeg
    Hurley's Gold

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone who does that to an actual historical firearm deserves to be spartan kicked off a cliff. Do that shit to a Glock if you want to screw something up.

As for painting guns, no. Magazines, yes. I have used Aluma-hyde II to refinish some aluminum AR mags. It works pretty well, and feels durable/professional.

I have done the fakelite thing to a 7.62x39 AR mag, and liked the results. I plan on trying it on some Pmags next.

For guns, I want something tougher and more permanent. I have a couple of projects in mind, and was planning on using air cure Cerakote to do them.

Last edited:

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Anyone who does that to an actual historical firearm deserves to be spartan kicked off a cliff.

As for painting guns, no. Magazines, yes. I have used Aluma-hyde II to refinish some aluminum AR mags. It works pretty well, and feels durable/professional.

I have done the fakelite thing to a 7.62x39 AR mag, and liked the results. I plan on trying it on some Pmags next.

For guns, I want something tougher and more permanent. I have a couple of projects in mind, and was planning on using air cure Cerakote to do them.

Yeah I’ve thought about cerakote. My buddy built his own oven for it and he’s gotten some amazing results.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom