• ...and so much more!
  • mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    You can try Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor at 35 and 820 in North forth Worth. Last I was there, they were pretty busy, but they still had an OK selection of handguns.

I thought we agreed never to use CTD ever again.

Did you not see the memo? LOL
    Hurley's Gold

Chouse34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Take a look at the gun show schedule. You can find good deals and a great selection. I've been to the lat couple of weekends and the m&p is everywhere for great prices. I just bought one for my wife.

effnoldguy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    North Central Texas
    Do you really want to spend over $1000 on you first handgun? (M11) I'm not sure I'd pay that for one of these now. Sure Sigs are great, but I'm just sayin..... maybe 2 for price of one.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Do you really want to spend over $1000 on you first handgun? (M11) I'm not sure I'd pay that for one of these now. Sure Sigs are great, but I'm just sayin..... maybe 2 for price of one.
    +1

Sigs are fine weapons, but come at a premium (except for P250 series, but I've seen some iffy reviews on those). The M&P .40 is a nice choice; I have the full size and compact models and they're very reliable and have worked well with all of the many types/brands of ammo I've put in there.

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW

If you're buying, ill get alot less picky ;)

But as it stands, I'm buying it... maybe I can convince the wife that I need both of them :D

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Maybe you can talk your friend into selling his? :-)

I doubt it... he loves it.

I'm just not sure about that stupid sticker on it with the bar code...

Hopefully the serial is engraved on it instead of just printed on that dumb sticker.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you know what you want, buying on line from sellers like Bud's is a good option. I use a guy in Bedford that charges $10 transfer fee with CHL and $15 without. Simple and easy. Also Sporting Arms in Lewisville is very accommodating with reasonable prices. They don't keep a lot of inventory (work out of their house) but in the past have pretty quick access to a large variety of guns. Again, you need to know what you want. If you just want to shop and handle guns, then Cabela's has a good selection but more expensive unless on sale. Then there is the gun shows. I know a lot of folks bitch that gun show prices are way high, and many are, but you can see and fondle a lot of guns, and sometimes find a deal.

I have a Sig P226 9MM I might part with if you're interested in that gun.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have shot a couple dozen pistols, but my Sig 228 is THE sweetest shooting pistol I've ever shot. It's my only gun that is 100% not for sale.

investigatormort

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Sig P226 still available?

If you know what you want, buying on line from sellers like Bud's is a good option. I use a guy in Bedford that charges $10 transfer fee with CHL and $15 without. Simple and easy. Also Sporting Arms in Lewisville is very accommodating with reasonable prices. They don't keep a lot of inventory (work out of their house) but in the past have pretty quick access to a large variety of guns. Again, you need to know what you want. If you just want to shop and handle guns, then Cabela's has a good selection but more expensive unless on sale. Then there is the gun shows. I know a lot of folks bitch that gun show prices are way high, and many are, but you can see and fondle a lot of guns, and sometimes find a deal.

I have a Sig P226 9MM I might part with if you're interested in that gun.

Sig P226 still available?

68Electra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Cabela's has virtually no new handguns at all. I called Bass Pro in Mesquite they have no Glocks at all, and the Bass Pro in Grapevine never answered the phone. Places that do have plenty of handguns in stock are really overpriced, but include Bachman Pawn, B&S Guns, DFW Shooting Sports.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Yeah... not really interested in pawn shops...

I'm new to this world, and I really don't want to buy someone else's problems because I was to inexperienced to see that the weapon was defective before I bought it.

Anywhere else besides Cabelas and academy have any decent selection?

I get a line on an AR-15 from time to time at "my" shop in Pasadena. It's not often.

Top Bottom