• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    im not saying its impossible, but I never heard of cops, even in austin, chasing and tackling a guy that they were not sure was the perp. typically they dont pick somebody that could be their guy and dog pile him.
    Just sayin....

apparently you have had the pleasure of working with real winners.

if a swat team can bust into somone house shoot their dogs and alll manner of stuff and then say "ooops sorry we had the wrong house" i dont see why how this is so unbelievable.

in any case it doesnt matter.
    there are good people there are bad people, there are smart people and there are stupid people.
    there are smart good people and there are bad smart people.
    there are stupid bad people and smart bad people.

and some of all of them are cops.

i was unlucky.
    so whatever.

there is a bit more to this story, that i wont go into, as i wasnt meaning this to become the focal point of the entire thread.
    infact i dont even know WHAT my point was anyway.
    sorry i even brought it up.

jsut a traumatic experiance from my youth and part of the reason i am wary of over zealous "authority figures"
    Gun Zone Deals

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Well bad guy gone and the cop is alive... Win - and kinda-win if you ask me.. Unfortunate the officer had to go through such a traumatic experience to end up with this outcome. People wonder why cops get over zealous though.. You get yelled at, spit on, shot at, and god knows what else you start to protect yourself first and ask questions later I assume.. It doesn't feel good to be on the wrong side of the law whether you put yourself there or it was dumb luck but I understand why cops treat you like a suspect first as if they let their guard down someone tries to slit their throat..

Take the traffic stop out of Hamilton pool road a few years back. Trav Co sheriff walks up to a nice suv(new looking expedition) and gets greeted with a gun popping off in his face and comes inches from being hit.. He falls down and wastes the guy as he speeds off. Imagine your lack of faith in humanity after an incident like that? That video is on Youtube somewhere.. Or that crazy gun fight that ended up with a Tx game warden killed who was younger than i am.. That video was scary and the suspect knew what he was doing and how to operate his glock. There are a million stories just like this..

Stay safe out there.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i think a nice touch in the article would have been instead of "he then fired one round at the man" how about "then he fired a single round into the man."

"into the man's face" is to much to ask for.

i stand my my original post. :)

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    apparently you have had the pleasure of working with real winners.

if a swat team can bust into somone house shoot their dogs and alll manner of stuff and then say "ooops sorry we had the wrong house" i dont see why how this is so unbelievable.

in any case it doesnt matter.
    there are good people there are bad people, there are smart people and there are stupid people.
    there are smart good people and there are bad smart people.
    there are stupid bad people and smart bad people.

and some of all of them are cops.

i was unlucky.
    so whatever.

there is a bit more to this story, that i wont go into, as i wasnt meaning this to become the focal point of the entire thread.
    infact i dont even know WHAT my point was anyway.
    sorry i even brought it up.

jsut a traumatic experiance from my youth and part of the reason i am wary of over zealous "authority figures"

no offense wolfwood...just commenting based on the information presented. way more good cops then bad ones...but a headline that reads "99% of police did their jobs well today" doesnt sell papers.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    that is correct.

none taken.

atleast after i realized that your "retardation" comment was in response to somethign else and not you calling em a retard.... i had to edit a post after i saw that lol.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    that is correct.

none taken.

atleast after i realized that your "retardation" comment was in response to somethign else and not you calling em a retard.... i had to edit a post after i saw that lol.

Ha!! Thats what you get, You were acting like a retard!

tongue.gif

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Wishing a speedy recovery for the officer, good ending to the story (minus the stabbing part) if you ask me.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Ha!! Thats what you get, You were acting like a retard!

tongue.gif

well i guess i'll go ahead and say what i almost said - Keep calling people retards, and you will oneday end up with a an aluminium baseball bat to the back of your skull. then you will be the retard, and it will stop being funny. :(

Top Bottom