Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    iPhones. They just aren't good.

But I guess they fit with the "disposable goods" mentality of today.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    iPhones. They just aren't good.

But I guess they fit with the "disposable goods" mentality of today.

Both my IPhones have been the best and easiest to use phones I have ever had. Most durable too. With the Otter box case, I have yet to bust a screen. Only phones I never physically broke. Snapped two flip phones in half. I actually handed off my old IPhone to one of my kids. That's a first.

In general, I hate Macs. For the business usage I have been involved in, they just could not cut it. I understand that for graphics and artists types, they rock. But for accounting type applications they blow. So there is no Apple love from my corner.

But for pure ease of use, and connectivity, IPhones rock. They are very intuitive, and easy to figure out for the most part. And I love how the apps are interconnected.

Browsing a web page and see phone #? Touch the number and it dials it for you.

Browsing and the page has a map? Touch the map and it opens it up in Google Maps for driving directions.

Sending pics and contacts are easy.

I am a borderline tech tard. But even my old dumb ass can use an IPhone. Compare that to my Android tablet. I hardly ever use that thing because its been hard to figure out.

"They're just not good." "they suck" "awful product"

Such awesome quanitative analysis....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Both my IPhones have been the best and easiest to use phones I have ever had. Most durable too. With the Otter box case, I have yet to bust a screen. Only phones I never physically broke. Snapped two flip phones in half. I actually handed off my old IPhone to one of my kids. That's a first.

In general, I hate Macs. For the business usage I have been involved in, they just could not cut it. I understand that for graphics and artists types, they rock. But for accounting type applications they blow. So there is no Apple love from my corner.

But for pure ease of use, and connectivity, IPhones rock. They are very intuitive, and easy to figure out for the most part. And I love how the apps are interconnected.

Browsing and the page has a map? Touch the map and it opens it up in Google Maps for driving directions.

I am a borderline tech tard. But even my old dumb ass can use an IPhone. Compare that to my Android tablet. I hardly ever use that thing because its been hard to figure out.

If you are gonna let emotion cloud your judgement you will be stuck with a sub par product. Don't get emotionally attached to a phone, it's just a tool.

The iPhones aren't very good tools. It's obvious and the only ones who don't see that are those who are emotionally attached and invested in the product.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Ill take the troll bait, aren't good tools for what? Making phone calls? Web surfing? Connecting to my bank?

I think if anyone is letting emotion cloud their judgement its you.

Otherwise quit waving your dick beaters because some other guy likes his hammer better than you like yours.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I was just teasing you. Except for battery life, the iPhone is a great product offering. First phone to last more than a year.

Since the startag.
    LOL I wondered, fones are so cheap that if you don't the one you got, get another one. I have never bought a cell fone I did not like before and after using it. But I am prone to do a lot of research before I buy.

Some of my favs: Motorola Brick, Motorola flip, Nokia w/ 12 MP camera, Apple 6+

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    LOL I wondered, fones are so cheap that if you don't the one you got, get another one. I have never bought a cell fone I did not like before and after using it. But I am prone to do a lot of research before I buy.

Some of my favs: Motorola Brick, Motorola flip, Nokia w/ 12 MP camera, Apple 6+

That and the tech blogs. I can see the headline now.

Apples massive profits reflects higher suicide rates as manufacturers see smaller margins.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ill take the troll bait, aren't good tools for what? Making phone calls? Web surfing? Connecting to my bank?

I think if anyone is letting emotion cloud their judgement its you.

Otherwise quit waving your dick beaters because some other guy likes his hammer better than you like yours.

The insults in your post show exactly what I'm talking about. Your getting all emotional about it.

You may like your hammer better, but it's still not a very good hammer. You're just emotionally attached to it.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I purchase an iPhone 6 over the weekend after being a Samsung S3 user for the past two years. Had the first iPhone 6 years ago before moving on to an Android phone. I heard the hype that the iPhone 6+ plus would bring me back. Looked at the 6+ but went with the 6 based on size. Figured it would be a smooth transition back to an iPhone.

The phone works as advertised. But, I don't care for the keypad (yes, I tried a couple other ones too), lack of an SD card slot to increase memory, no user replaceable battery, less screen resolution compared to S4, and same look I had on a phone 6 years ago. I know that last complaint is an advantage to some. But for me, I guess it comes down to not liking Apple one size fits all design. With that said, the phone was reliable, good call quality, improved charging connection (but Apple's cables are still junk), like Facetime, battery life was good and like being able to sync and backup my phone via my Macbook.

I'll be boxing up the 6 and returning for the S5. Android's OS may be harder to learn, but now that I know it and have tried Apple's OS again, I like Android better. At this point in my life, I'm looking for more than what Apple willing to give me. The iPhone 6 has left me a little underwhelmed.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I purchase an iPhone 6 over the weekend after being a Samsung S3 user for the past two years. Had the first iPhone 6 years ago before moving on to an Android phone. I heard the hype that the iPhone 6+ plus would bring me back. Looked at the 6+ but went with the 6 based on size. Figured it would be a smooth transition back to an iPhone.

The phone works as advertised. But, I don't care for the keypad (yes, I tried a couple other ones too), lack of an SD card slot to increase memory, no user replaceable battery, less screen resolution compared to S4, and same look I had on a phone 6 years ago. I know that last complaint is an advantage to some. But for me, I guess it comes down to not liking Apple one size fits all design. With that said, the phone was reliable, good call quality, improved charging connection (but Apple's cables are still junk), like Facetime, battery life was good and like being able to sync and backup my phone via my Macbook.

I'll be boxing up the 6 and returning for the S5. Android's OS may be harder to learn, but now that I know it and have tried Apple's OS again, I like Android better. At this point in my life, I'm looking for more than what Apple willing to give me. The iPhone 6 has left me a little underwhelmed.

Thanks for the logical, non emotion based response.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW

Got news for you, Android does all of that and more.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I didn't like the keypad on my android so I installed a new one. Apple doesn't want you doing stuff like that.

Sent from.... RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Top Bottom