• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    What does Apple have the others don't? A dedicated fan base, their marketing is second to none. Few products in a crowded market claim dominance due to technical superiority, it's their ability to convince people it's better, more desirable, cooler. Apple or Android? They both make phone calls, that's why I own a mobile phone and honestly I'd have to go look to tell you what brand it is. Some folks are way too emotionally invested in a piece of technology most of us did just fine without for half our lives... folks on both sides. I too have been in the tech industry for more than 30 years, had a bag phone then the "flip phone" way back in the beginning, worst damn thing I ever got saddled with, way worse than my SkyTel pager even. It's become ubiquitous, you're expected to be continuously and instantly available. Screw that, leave a message.
    Guns International

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    You've shown your emotional bias and I refuse to reward your absurdity with an intellectual response.

I will reserve that for those who are willing to objectively discuss the subject.

I didn't "show an emotional bias", I admitted who used to pay me and also included I know enough about Apple Engineering and Product Marketing to back up what I say. I doubt you could come up with an intellectual response, you can't even give a reason.

You have not provided one objective complaint, every claim you've made is just subjective, which is what I think you mean when you say emotional.

Notice that nowhere have I made any claims against Android or Samsung, simply said everyone is free to choose their favorite tool. I'm no longer paid to care what they pick.

My team supports both at work, and I could care less what anyone chooses, I have my issues with both. All three actually. Four mobile OS's if I think about it a bit.

I was kinda hoping you would give me a security argument...

Mobile Security Blog: Why Samsung Knox isn't really a Fort Knox

Impressive how Knox “protects” your data by placing your pin in a xml file in cleartext[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Versus Apple who at least has the balls to lock the Feds out of your phone. I'd say that's advantage iOS, and worthy of a little respect even from unreasoning haterz.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So, what you got that iOS can't do? Or will you just stand in the corner mumbling at your ball about the mean people who don't love you? Talk about emotional bias. You're still waving your dick beaters around screaming that you don't want to argue. So don't, just tell me what the problem is...I can probably beat you to it as most of my subordinates are Android guys. I've sat through more Ice Cream Sandwich conversations than anyone should have to bear.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Android versus Apple is probably less of an objective difference than dino oil versus synthetic, or Michelin versus Dunlop. You pick one and go. Now subjective is a whole different animal.[/FONT]

Enlighten me with your professional objective observations on a true technical issue. Life long learning is my thing, and I'm always willing to sit at the feet of a master to learn how to snatch the stone from their hand.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ohhh yes there is, don't bother to try and push your BS off on me, I don't like you, never have, reading any post of yours is about 1 min of time the reader will never get back. You run in rare circles, being 1 of 2 people on here I prefer to avoid because you do not know what you are talking about, a waste of anyone's time. I don't want to hear from you again, GOT IT!
    :laughing: so stop taking the bait

Apple fanbois are so easy aren't they?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Younggun, you're trying to troll so hard, it's painfully obvious --- but unfortunately you're just looking ignorant, bud. The whole 'emotional' angle is an eye-roller, for sure.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Younggun, you're trying to troll so hard, it's painfully obvious --- but unfortunately you're just looking ignorant, bud. The whole 'emotional' angle is an eye-roller, for sure.

It should have been obvious, I admitted to it in post 186, lol.

But if somebody's gonna take the bait after I admit to trolling, it's my troll duty to oblige them.

As far as looking ignorant, only to those too blinded by their emotions to see that I'm just fucking with them. ;)

I had fun.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    There are always a few that their sole purpose in posting is to create problems, nothing else and of course they have a couple of mindless fanbois who jump in along with them. None of them have a dog in the hunt,, none of them have anything that can add to the conversation, the facts or anything else other than noise. Its been a good thread that lasted for over 200 pretty good posts, pros, cons, but all in all I would judge it as a decent conversation...and for all that did post and made a contribution I thank you, but for the few, very few whose only contribution was a negative, maybe you should find another forum to play in. There really are a lot of good and decent folks on this forum. Sadly a lot leave. One of my friends who I made on here, who is a FFL holder, will sell you a gun for his cost and about a cup of coffee. I asked the other day why I have not seen him in several months. He has left and is now on another forum where he is a sponsor, he left here because of a very few folks. I won't mention the screen names he told me, but I had to agree with him.

Having been on forums or BB's as we called them since the late 70's its the same thing as when I was a Co...5% of the people are a problem 100% of the time. Most threads begin to unravel when just a few folks start posting and its the same ones over and over.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    And many people hand around on this forum because we are allowed to have a little fun.

Don't take life so serious, it's not permanent.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Like in my letter I wrote to him, I opened with this line: "Tim, you are no Steve Jobs!" Then I discussed some of the software issues that Apple is having, things that Jobs would have never allowed to be released...

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay' - Oct. 30, 2014

NEW YORK

Apple CEO Tim Cook came out Thursday, acknowledging publicly for the first time that he is gay.

"Let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me," he wrote in a column in Bloomberg Businessweek.

Maybe he should have spent some time releasing something surprising: like say a software update that didn't break something and require a quick patch.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If one makes a touchdown, he accomplished goal and can be proud. If gays are gay because they just are, how is that something one can be proud of.

My eyes are blue. Can I be "proud" of that? What did I do of which to be proud?

How is it a 'gift"?

WTF is with these people?

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Well my MS Software engineer wife, used my iPhone 6+ for a day last week, at the end of the day, she said she is going to Apple store first thing, and buy one, she did, waited in line almost 4 1/2 hrs and got here and iphone 6...after using it for better part of a week, she looked at me in the truck yesterday and said: Well you were right and while they do mostly the same things the Apple does it so much better...I said you mean "elegant"? She laughed and yes YES! For sale Samsung 5 IIRC...

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Per your thread, she got a iPhone 6? I could see getting the 6+ but not the 6. I really had trouble trying to adapt to 6's lower resolution and the Apple keyboard. My daughter loves the her 6. I guess I just to old and set in my ways to switch. After trading in my iPhone 6 for a 5 for a couple of weeks ago, I'm a happy camper. Never had a Windows phone so can't comment on one of those. But Apple and Android are both nice phones.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Per your thread, she got a iPhone 6? I could see getting the 6+ but not the 6. I really had trouble trying to adapt to 6's lower resolution and the Apple keyboard. My daughter loves the her 6. I guess I just to old and set in my ways to switch. After trading in my iPhone 6 for a 5 for a couple of weeks ago, I'm a happy camper. Never had a Windows phone so can't comment on one of those. But Apple and Android are both nice phones.
    she thought the 6+ was too large for her hands, I have the 6+ and LOVE IT!

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    The Apple keyboard is now replaceable with many 3rd party keyboards. If you like the Droid swipe feature you can get that functionality.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd take an android if it would actually loa my emails instead of just saying it was loading a single text email and never actually loading any more than the preview.

Go IOS 8!

Top Bottom