• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    PCCs are pretty dang sweet:
    77094468-E517-47F9-8087-3F1C1A97F93C_zpscgyt7jqt.jpg

Fast, accurate, easy to maneuver and shoot. I'm on the fence about 9mm vs 5.56 for HD use, but I've taken some pretty big hogs with a single 9mm round, so I feel pretty good about it.

OK, I'll admit that is sweet!
    Were I able to walk into Academy and walk out with one of those I might pick it over a conventional handgun!!!
    Pistol caliber SBRs are a whole unique category. Silly 16" rifle barrel rule!!!
    Capitol Armory ad

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    OK, I'll admit that is sweet!
    Were I able to walk into Academy and walk out with one of those I might pick it over a conventional handgun!!!
    Pistol caliber SBRs are a whole unique category. Silly 16" rifle barrel rule!!!
    +1 That is sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    As one who owns several pistol caliber carbines I can't imagine picking one as my primary defense weapon in any ordinary situation.

A well know well practiced handgun IMO just fits most any home defensive situation.

Indoors unwieldiness, muzzle blast and over penetration speak against 5.56 for home defense.

I love my 9mm and .45 carbines, though not as a primary defensive weapon.

9mm and 45 will penetrate walls as much or more than a 223. An SBR or bull pup will be nearly as short and easier to shoot.

Carbines, even PCC, are easier to shoot and carry more ammo. Yes a handgun is more maneuverable and concealable, but it's a compromise in every other aspect.

Cody, that is a sweet looking AR. Who made the lower?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    At in home distances I think the difference in effectiveness of .223, 9mm, .40, .45, and 300BO will be marginal at best.

So I look at what else would matter to me.

How well I can move around: SBR makes them equal. Maybe a slight lack of mobility vs a handgun, but much easier to put the rounds where I want and faster. So I choose SBR.

Caliber: I want to be able to hear after the first shot. That narrows it it .45, .40, 9mm, or 300BO.

I have cans for 9mm and 300BO.

Sight configuration: at this time I can configure the 300BO to work well in a low light situation more easily than the UZI. Although the UZI is a slightly smaller package.

I can get a railed top cover which would give adequate accuracy at home defense distance. Until then, I will go with 300BO.

Honestly though, I have the 300BO suppressed, UZI suppressed, and factory CX4 9mm as accessible options.

Shotgun isn't really in the running for me. .223 is going to be an ear ringer and suppressing doesn't help nearly as much. Unreliable if loaded down to SS velocities and might as well just use a .22, so it's not really of interest in my house.

I'd say everyone should consider what matters for their situations and use that to decide what they want to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Agree with YG.

I have a 5.56 SBR, 300 BLK SBR, and am waiting on the stamp for my 9mm AR SBR.

5.56 SBR has great ballistics with proper ammo (around $.50 a round). However, even with can, it is loud indoors.

300 BLK is great for shooting subs and good for self defense with the right ammo. Sounds like a damn paintball gun. However, ammo is at least 3x as expensive as 9mm, and with the 6" can, my effective barrel length is back to around a full size AR15.

So I am most excited for the return of my AR9 SBR stamp - It will be around 11" equivalent barrel length WITH the can, so it will be super short and loaded with 135 gr hornady critical defense - subsonic but still good for self defense. Also went with the glock mag style since I carry a G26/G19. Looking at trajectory tables, a 75 yd zero keeps me +/- a few inches from point of aim up to around 100 yds (and no, my house isn't that big).

If SHTF and I was leaving alone, it would be my 5.56 I would take. Now that I have a family, the 9mm will be my primary HD gun, and then in the event of bugout, my wife gets to use/carry it while I have the 5.56.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wondering if this thread has been of help to the OP?

The consensus, as is usual, is that there is no all-purpose firearm.
    The dictating factor, as is usual, is one's budget.

Buy a range toy of your choosing. Pistol caliber carbines are fun. Buy one.
    Buy a .357 revolver for home defense.

There.
    A tidy definitive answer.

phillmckraken

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    I also love my Beretta cx4 in 9mm configured to use my 92 mags. Such a fantastic carbine, light and accurate, and reliable as heck.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Wondering if this thread has been of help to the OP?

The consensus, as is usual, is that there is no all-purpose firearm.
    The dictating factor, as is usual, is one's budget.

Buy a range toy of your choosing. Pistol caliber carbines are fun. Buy one.
    Buy a .357 revolver for home defense.

There.
    A tidy definitive answer.

Nice Douglas Adams reference!

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I think I would like both...

We seem to agree that we would like to see the NFA rules on short barreled rifles repealed.

I would like to see all nfa items to no longer need ATF forms. I would like to be able to just pay for the item and that's that. The way it was ment to be that includes full auto

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would like to see all nfa items to no longer need ATF forms. I would like to be able to just pay for the item and that's that. The way it was ment to be that includes full auto

We'd pretty much all love that.
    Sadly, too much of a political hot potato that nary a Republican would champion, I'm afraid.

I'll be happy to just keep the laws pretty much where they are.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The liberals put forth what we see as outrageous laws all the time, and often pass them... We conservatives should be just as outrageous and pursue repeal of the NFA. Whether it made any sense in 1934, or not, it no longer makes any sense. Certainly, the same BGC done at point of sale for other firearms should suffice for NFA devices.

Tacticalmurse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    Once you give your freedom to the government in exchange for security it is very hard to take that freedom back

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    We'd pretty much all love that.
    Sadly, too much of a political hot potato that nary a Republican would champion, I'm afraid.

I'll be happy to just keep the laws pretty much where they are.
    That's true. I just hope they don't change

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The only advantages the PCC has over an AR is that it is not as loud, and can be a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom