• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MAJIK_BONE_77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nowhere
    If anyone is wondering why I am being rude it is because of this and his other posts.. I think he is just trying to get a rise out of us... as if he is serious he really has a lot to learn about guns and how to present your opinions in general.

Of course he's trying to get a rise out of us, he's a TNP'r, for anyone who doesn't know what that means, theres this douchebag on youtube, who thinks he's God's gift to everyone man woman and child in the U.S. and thinks he is just better than everyone else so he should have the right to tell everyone what they should or shouldn't do when it comes to guns, gear or survival. He targets kids mostly, but TNP'rs are this douchebags little followers, who he frequently uses in forums (like the ar15.com where he got booted) and on youtube to troll anyone who doesn't agree with his "Philosophies".

Best thing to do is ignore him, they're like a bad rash, if u keep scratching they just won't go away!!
    Venture Surplus ad

atacorion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    have you ever shot a .223 in a 10-15-20 mph wind past 300 yards? I like what you are doing here bud but this is a dedicate gun board and you are talking to people that shoot, build, and some that have protected their own and our lives with these guns. My point is most of us have a lot of experience with the system and some have incredibly strong feelings about them for reasons I just stated. I have built 20+ ar-15s and own 5 currently.. and I completely disagree with what you said above. It is a good weapon system but that is about it.

As far as being adapting to any purpose that is like saying a sledge hammer is a universal tool.. Before you get pissed let me give you an example. Would you want to shoot an ar-15 in an apartment building to protect yourself? Let me give you the answer.. NO. as even if you hit your target your round is going to blast through multiple walls and possibly kill innocents.

Hey Austex have you ever seen that study they did on over penetration of several cal's they tested 45 acp, 9mm, .223, and 00 buckshot. the .223 actually was the best round out of all of them it is so unstable and so fast at close ranges it actually penatrated through fewer layers of drywall than any of the other calibers. I cant remember where it is but i recommend you check it out it'll make you rethink your above statement, ever wonder why the MP-5 is out and the AR-15 is so prolific on SWAT teams and for patrol rifles??? The 5.56mm goes bananans inside your body at close range. Ask me how I know.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I liked my M-16A2 just fine while I was in. Cleaned it like it was my religion, so I never experienced any problems with it.
    I saw one dumb-shit Marine leave his rifle lying around unattended one time when we were at Ft. Bragg. The NCO's that found it ensured that it was sufficiently "dirtied" and held it for ransom until the poor bastard that owned it realized it was missing and came looking for it. After hearing the SgtMaj yell right through his soul, and then pushing the planet outta orbit for a REALLY long time, he had to clean it. I saw the guy on the range about a month later when we were back on Lejeune and asked him about his rifle (which I noticed he now hung onto for dear life). He said it only took him a couple of hours to clean up, and he shot fine on the range that week. ...his hearing, however still was a little shaky and his forearms were bigger.

The Stoner platform that the AR-10 and AR-15 is built upon is about as good as anything else out there, I believe. It does what it's supposed to, but it's not magic - and there's many other rifle platforms out there that outperform it in one area or another. I personally think it could have a different caliber and bullet design, and be a more effective weapon. But until the next Paul Mauser or John M Browning out there comes up with something really new and revolutionary, it's what we've got.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Hey Austex have you ever seen that study they did on over penetration of several cal's they tested 45 acp, 9mm, .223, and 00 buckshot. the .223 actually was the best round out of all of them it is so unstable and so fast at close ranges it actually penatrated through fewer layers of drywall than any of the other calibers. I cant remember where it is but i recommend you check it out it'll make you rethink your above statement, ever wonder why the MP-5 is out and the AR-15 is so prolific on SWAT teams and for patrol rifles??? The 5.56mm goes bananans inside your body at close range. Ask me how I know.

how do you know?

also, reguarding this thread in general, i would like to add...

DoubleFacepalmRickerPicard.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Wolf, +1 to both your previous posts.

I love my AR (so I might be a little biased), but haven't got to put that many rounds down range. Only a few hundred. I like the .223. 7 cents a bullet, 7 cents in powder, 3 cents in primer, and the brass lasts at least a few loadings. I'm sure there are better, especially for those 300+ yard shots . . . . .but when am I gonna shoot anything (other than a target) at that range. I wouldn't mind of 6.8 spc or 6.5 grendel or one of those offshoot calibers would really take off so the ammo's cheaper (choice is good, right?).

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    It was a boring Tuesday night and this thread seemed to be where all the cool kids were hanging out so I took the bait.

On the topic of penetration. Any day now I'm going to get organized and discover some free time so I can do some testing (playing around, same thing). I want to make some ballistic gel and some target examples to tesst out the performance of my ammo. Specifically: 9mm Hornady whatever HP, .223 Hornady TPX? also HP and 308 Hornady !$%@#$%@ again HP. I also have some FMJ in all calibers, SP in 223 & 308 and fragible in 223 and 9mm.

The plan is to make gel bricks about 6"Wx6"Hx12"D probably make about 12 of them. Then I want some things like a normal indoor wall made of 2x4 and wallboard (2 layers), a brick wall (exterior wall) and some other stuff like plywood, cinder blocks filled and unfilled.

None of this will be ground breaking, just fun and somewhat educational. In particular I'd like to know what would happen if it was necassary to be unpleasant to somebody in my house. Would my bullets rip through my walls and arrive in my neighbors? Even if they have passed through my uninvited guests chest? I'd rather have first hand knowledge than just posts. No offense, I'm sure everybody here knows what they are talking about...but wouldnt you want to know? Besides - it'll be fun blowing shit up.

In general I suspect the SCAR is more neighborhood defense than home defense. Ultimately I'll be adding a 12 guage shotgun and making it the primary home defense weapon.

Ok - back to talking about our love for the M16.

NJ-TNP'r

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Texas

First of all, how do you know? Second, they obviously didn't want to test the .308 because the know that it would blow everyone else out the water.

NJ-TNP'r

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Texas
    If anyone is wondering why I am being rude it is because of this and his other posts.. I think he is just trying to get a rise out of us... as if he is serious he really has a lot to learn about guns and how to present your opinions in general.

I do not have much to learn about guns as I already know about them. You don't know me so don't judge before you do know me.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    still waiting for a response for me.
    i wasnt fucking around i really want to know.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    That 300BLK thing - what is involved? Just swapping uppers? Where would a mall ninja acquire such a thing?

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Wolfwood you're a real asshat. Haven't you ever seen videos of ships being torpedoed? That is literally what would happen if the tested .308 in they test. Literally Blownoutofthefuckinwater literally. Stop being dense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom