Military Camp

AR Lightweight Budget Build Challenge: See my results!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Was I successful in my light weight budget build?

• You did a-okay son, yes you did.

Votes: 8 61.5%
    • No, I would have done this different (explain what you would have done differently).

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    5.9 pounds, ready to go, just have to spend some of that big money you make.

I love DD rifles, one of my favorite rifles to bring to the range is my DDM4V7.

But I haven't bought a "built" rifle in years. I just find a lot of enjoyment from building and customizing myself.

Plus I think I can do better than 5.9 pounds. By my early calculations, I'm probably going to be at 4.6 - 4.8 for my ultra light (before optic and mount) when I'm done.
    Hurley's Gold

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I already bought a fluted lightweight barrel in .223 Wylde. I have to finish this build.
    It’s never too late to abort. Look at it this way: you can have pink crocs on all the time, but owning that bn36 would automatically offset any negative views caused by the crocs.

That rifle is so manly, that some of the old timers at the range may go get you a cup of coffee.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    It’s never too late to abort. Look at it this way: you can have pink crocs on all the time, but owning that bn36 would automatically offset any negative views caused by the crocs.

That rifle is so manly, that some of the old timers at the range may go get you a cup of coffee.

I think Crocs are so comfortable, they're worth the negative attention.

Do you really shoot 30-06?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think Crocs are so comfortable, they're worth the negative attention.

Do you really shoot 30-06?
    I love 30-06. It’s an American classic. If someone says they don’t like 30-06 then they don’t like apple pie and women.

30-06 is for the price, still a respectable choice out to 800 yards. It’s a respectable choice for big game. A great choice for foreign invaders.

I want more 30-06. I have an older bolt action I got in a trade and it shoots lights out tight groups with crappy ammo.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    That does look nice...

What do you think about .308 vs 30-06?
    Vs 308…a classic and thus boring debate. 308 is great. 06 edges it out performance wise and with heavy loads. However ain’t much I can say to bash 308.

Both are American classics…but it’s like this: the 308 is a Camaro…the 06 is a chevelle ss with topless women.

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Vs 308…a classic and thus boring debate. 308 is great. 06 edges it out performance wise and with heavy loads. However ain’t much I can say to bash 308.

Both are American classics…but it’s like this: the 308 is a Camaro…the 06 is a chevelle ss with topless women.

Reason I ask is because I have a lot of .308/7.62x51 stocked up, and even have reloading dies for 308. I wonder if I would be getting "extra" out of moving into 30-06.

Funny you mention the Camaro = .308, and 30-06 = Chevelle SS, I've been thinking of getting a C8 Corvette, even test drove one last Sunday. What Caliber would a corvette c8 be equal to?

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    Your words are very hurtful :beat:

I'm not a Mr. Olympia myself, but I do get my running and weights in every week in between working in the city, coaching High School Basketball, etc, but a lot of the guys who go to these courses are in their primes.

They come in full plate carriers, their oakleys, and veins popping on their biceps. Many of them are active law enforcement or military contractors/former active service.

A bit different than your average indoor range guy.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm not a Mr. Olympia myself, but I do get my running and weights in every week in between working in the city, coaching High School Basketball, etc, but a lot of the guys who go to these courses are in their primes.

They come in full plate carriers, their oakleys, and veins popping on their biceps. Many of them are active law enforcement or military contractors/former active service.

A bit different than your average indoor range guy.
    Weren't you the one that was knocking us old guys for telling us what we could or couldn't do and now you're you're complaining

Top Bottom