Lynx Defense

Arizona rancher shoots 'trespasser' who dies.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    At the court house.

Your honor, I saw this person trespassing on my property. I approached him and asked him what was he doing on my property. He told me to mind my own business and he would do whatever he wanted. I then told him that he was on privet property ans he has to leave the same way her entered. When I told him he had yo leave, he then said he would do whatever he wanted and charged at me screaming he was going take away my gun and shoot me with it. I feared for my live and my only option was to shoot him.

Last edited:

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Not sure what Arizona law says about trespassers and your right to defend your property. Since I am a Texan, anyone from Arizona can chime and enlighten us would be appreciated. My property is posted (I have a few acres) and I spoke with my county sheriff and he told me if I shot someone to be sure to drag the body onto my property and let them know the trespasser was alive or dead. They have to run code if the person is still alive and would prefer not to run lights/sirens. I would also say I am a geezer and was afraid for my life but not sure how this goes down in Arizona.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    The illegal put himself and the land owner in that position. It’s too bad it had to come to that, but hopefully word will get out and maybe even discourage some of the less brave invaders from coming over.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Guy kept his mouth shut and got a lawyer... Kinda makes an investigation difficult and a conviction even harder.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Fucked up....

"The rancher reportedly asked for leniency from Velasquez during his court appearance as, without him home, his wife would be left alone and there was no one else who could care for her and their land. "She's there by herself … nobody to take care of her, the livestock. Or the ranch. And I'm not going anywhere," he argued. "I can't come up with a million dollars. Is there… Would you consider reducing it to any degree?"

Top Bottom