ARJ Defense ad

Arkansas: Pregnant woman who killed intruder in justified shooting now faces felony gun charge

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I read her side of the story from the GoFundMe page and if true, she’s just got bad luck.

Again, IF true. Imagine one of your children in a vehicle with 3 other teenagers and one of them was in possession of drugs. They get pulled over and searched and nobody claims the drugs. IF that story is true, she got the short end of the stick. What’s even worse is that from her story, it sounds like her attacker knew her husband. The attacker may have known her situation and assumed she wouldn’t have access to a firearm. It’s unfortunate.
    Military Camp

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I read her side of the story from the GoFundMe page and if true, she’s just got bad luck.

Again, IF true. Imagine one of your children in a vehicle with 3 other teenagers and one of them was in possession of drugs. They get pulled over and searched and nobody claims the drugs. IF that story is true, she got the short end of the stick. What’s even worse is that from her story, it sounds like her attacker knew her husband. The attacker may have known her situation and assumed she wouldn’t have access to a firearm. It’s unfortunate.
    I'm guessing the dead dude was only thinking of one thing.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Who do you know, that having been convicted of a MJ charge, and being attacked violently and fearing for their life, wouldn’t grab a gun if one is near and shoot the said attacker in the face?
    Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6? We all decide on what laws we choose to obey and takes our chances. I dunno about her MJ charge but it sounds like she needs to make better life choices. At least she made the right decision here to cap the burglar.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    It is a human right, and our 2nd amendment rights will be in an even stronger position if this illegal wins his case.
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...-gun-on-sidewalk-claims-2nd-amendment-rights/

I would be perfectly happy if this illegal wins his case, in the process invalidates New York's anti-gun laws, and then is promptly deported.

So where do you stand on this one? Do you support the federal government and New York state law, or do you support our inalienable human right?
    We must stop allowing the peoples of the world to use our Constitution, Bill of Rights and our laws.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It is a human right, and our 2nd amendment rights will be in an even stronger position if this illegal wins his case.
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...-gun-on-sidewalk-claims-2nd-amendment-rights/

I would be perfectly happy if this illegal wins his case, in the process invalidates New York's anti-gun laws, and then is promptly deported.

So where do you stand on this one? Do you support the federal government and New York state law, or do you support our inalienable human right?

Just getting back to this, did some research. The 5th circuit has ruled as recently as 2012 that illegal aliens don’t have a constitutional right to bear arms and that 18 USC 922 (g) (5) is a constitutional prohibition on the possession of firearms by illegal aliens or others that unlawfully entered the US.

As mentioned before, this is a topic you and I will remain in disagreement on.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Just getting back to this, did some research. The 5th circuit has ruled as recently as 2012 that illegal aliens don’t have a constitutional right to bear arms and that 18 USC 922 (g) (5) is a constitutional prohibition on the possession of firearms by illegal aliens or others that unlawfully entered the US.

As mentioned before, this is a topic you and I will remain in disagreement on.

Well if another circuit rules different then it is up to the Supreme Court to decide, assuming you defer to people in robes decide on individual rights. "Shall not be infringed" is very clear yet somehow those people in robes over the years have twisted it to mean "can be infringed until we say otherwise."

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    Animals have rights, too! Seriously, y'all don't see the problem here?

She WAS A FELON BREAKING THE LAW!!! Not every one gets a gun. VOTING IS A RIGHT. GUN OWNERSHIP IS A RIGHT. WALKING THE STREETS FREE IS A RIGHT.

But convicted crimminals lose some of them!
    No one looses the right to defend themselves by what ever means is nessasary when their lives are at stake , convicted felon or not . Your Life was givin to you by God , an Man dont have the right to take it from you unless your convicted of Murder in a heinus offense

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well if another circuit rules different then it is up to the Supreme Court to decide...

Not necessarily. The arguments and decisions may or may not be related.

...assuming you defer to people in robes decide on individual rights...

You shouldn’t make assumptions.

..."Shall not be infringed" is very clear yet somehow those people in robes over the years have twisted it to mean "can be infringed until we say otherwise."

There’s surprisingly little case law relating to the 2d Amendment. Depending on how broad your interpret ‘infringed’, there’s less than two dozen cases ruled on by SCOTUS.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My opinion is that anyone who can't be trusted with all of their rights due to criminal activity should be locked up. Anyone not locked up should not have their rights infringed.

But we don't live in that world and until the former is a reality the latter will not be reality either.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    Well she used it for the right reason, but should not have had it. Now the exception is if it was her boyfriends or husbands and legally owned and she was able to use it. I would have done the same if i were her and she really she get basic probation or something.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well she used it for the right reason, but should not have had it. Now the exception is if it was her boyfriends or husbands and legally owned and she was able to use it. I would have done the same if i were her and she really she get basic probation or something.
    I thought I read that it was her husband's gun.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I thought I read that it was her husband's gun.
    Which is fine. But if she's under any prohibition against possession, as soon as she touches the firearm she's in violation.

I know a model whose drug possession probation required that she not own or possess firearms. She went to a photo shoot and they handed her a rifle to use as a prop. She thought "I'm not in possession of a firearm; I'm just holding it for 5 minutes." Much to her chagrin, she found out she was very, very wrong.

Her PO saw her back in jail within days after the photo shoot was published.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Which is fine. But if she's under any prohibition against possession, as soon as she touches the firearm she's in violation.

I know a model whose drug possession probation required that she not own or possess firearms. She went to a photo shoot and they handed her a rifle to use as a prop. She thought "I'm not in possession of a firearm; I'm just holding it for 5 minutes." Much to her chagrin, she found out she was very, very wrong.

Her PO saw her back in jail within days after the photo shoot was published.
    That was in response to the Phoenix post, I wasn't implying that it would be lawful. To me I believe it was extenuating circumstances. I certainly can't fault her being scared and couldn't say that she shouldn't be allowed to defend herself, and her unborn child, by any means possible, but then I'm not a judge. Like I said before, I hope she gets the very best in lawyers and a jury that would take into account what she may have faced otherwise.

Last edited:

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Animals have rights, too! Seriously, y'all don't see the problem here?

She WAS A FELON BREAKING THE LAW!!! Not every one gets a gun. VOTING IS A RIGHT. GUN OWNERSHIP IS A RIGHT. WALKING THE STREETS FREE IS A RIGHT.

But convicted crimminals lose some of them!
    I nominate this man for President.
    Far too many people in our society today feel they can do whatever they want without fear of repercussion because this is America. This is America because we have rules and laws that govern our daily activities. The rights set forth in the Constitution apply to law abiding legal American citizens. At the time the Constitution was written is was intended to apply to only white men in America. Women and minorities had to battle for years to get it applied to them.

Our current media \ legal circus reminds me of the old westerns I watch on TV.
    Mob rule with a lynching mentality. Everyone is guilty even without a trial, especially if it is a police on black action.
    I feel for that black preacher at Aretha Franklins service. He asked why blacks and the media get so worked up when one black man is killing during a police encounter, but nothing is said when 100 black on black killings happen every day and no one cries for them.
    Black lives matter, but they are no more important than mine or yours. I will defend myself and family at all cost. I had rather be carried to my grave by six of my friends than stand before a panel of 12 "peers" asking for justice.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll pour salt into two open wounds that have been the subject of other lengthy threads:

Pot should be legalized, taxed like hell and studied for it's medicinal properties.
    She is a criminal due to the mother of all victimless crimes!!

#1 above may be one of the reasons I may vote for Beto.
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/beto-orourke-wants-end-war-drugs-know/
    Ganja is not my thing but should be legalized.
    Beto isn't going to take my guns away, won't raise my taxes and may garner a billion dollars in tax revenue if pot is legalized and taxed.

:)

I worked very late, am quite exhausted and am enjoying two fingers of a nice $90 single malt scotch that's fiercely and indisputably more dangerous than the pot she was convicted for!!!

I shouldn't post such inflammatory remarks but it's from my heart.
    Remember Flip Wilson "The devil made me do it".
    https://www.buttonmuseum.org/sites/...me-do-it-button_busy_beaver_button_museum.png

Oh....
    And I'd still vote for Cruz over Trump in 2020 like I wish I coulda' in 2016.

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I'll pour salt into two open wounds that have been the subject of other lengthy threads:

Pot should be legalized, taxed like hell and studied for it's medicinal properties.
    She is a criminal due to the mother of all victimless crimes!!

#1 above may be one of the reasons I may vote for Beto.
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/beto-orourke-wants-end-war-drugs-know/
    Ganja is not my thing but should be legalized.
    Beto isn't going to take my guns away, won't raise my taxes and may garner a billion dollars in tax revenue if pot is legalized and taxed.

:)

I worked very late, am quite exhausted and am enjoying two fingers of a nice $90 single malt scotch that's fiercely and indisputably more dangerous than the pot she was convicted for!!!

I shouldn't post such inflammatory remarks but it's from my heart.
    Remember Flip Wilson "The devil made me do it".
    https://www.buttonmuseum.org/sites/...me-do-it-button_busy_beaver_button_museum.png

Oh....
    And I'd still vote for Cruz over Trump in 2020 like I wish I coulda' in 2016.

You must have some damn thick fingers.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    You must have some damn thick fingers.

Two Fingers...

20180912_173754_zpsat6u6yxk.jpg

Top Bottom