Johnson County, TX
    ewbw7shas3z11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I'm the only one (apparently) who thinks: I don't really know enough about this......but, I get to criticize anyway, cuz, um, hmmmm, ok, "I know stuff" - so that's good enough for me.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Things don’t add up with this story. How is he going to check on the “passed out” woman, then accidentally shoot her when the dog shows up? Isn’t she what he is focused on when the dog shows up?

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    It appears we like our policing nice and tidy without mistakes. Good luck with that in the future. He probably rolled out of bed and stated, hey I am gonna violate someone's civil rights by shooting and killing them. My career, no big deal. I can always work at Starbucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It appears we like our policing nice and tidy without mistakes. Good luck with that in the future. He probably rolled out of bed and stated, hey I am gonna violate someone's civil rights by shooting and killing them. My career, no big deal. I can always work at Starbucks.

By the same token, people don’t wake up and say “Today’s the day I’m going to get a DUI and kill a bus full of nuns,” either, but it’s okay to criticize that dude’s poor decision-making.

Which brings up decision-making as a quality desired of LEOs; I’d wager shooting the unconscious person you were trying to find isn’t exactly the greatest decision-making out there.

So yeah, it’s expected LEOs are going to make a mistake, but on the continuum of NBD to BFD, this one is a BFD and is certainly worthy of criticism.

But then again, I’m of the variety that says if you can’t own your mistakes, then you shouldn’t make them.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Should he ask for a mulligan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I know I am going to get flamed by our resident LEOs, but fuckit, here goes.

The biggest bunch of pussies in the country when it comes to dogs seems to be LE these days.Seriously, if the sight of a barking dog causes you to shit yourself explosively and go straight to the gun, you really need to be in another line of work.

My dad retired from the Alabama Highway Patrol. Anyone want to take a guess on how many growling, snarling, aggressive dogs he shot while working in Alabama in the 60s and 70s? That would be zero.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "What we have he-ah, is a failure to communicate"

...and sure, if a f.u. is bad enough, it's always the LEO's fault, right?

But, I'm glad all here have radar accurate crystal balls - you know, those delicate ones between your legs...c'mon, nunya 'know schit' and 'that's the rest of the story' said Paul Harvey.

Top Bottom