• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I been shooting pistols indoor since all this nonsense started. Itching to get my .17HMR out and knock the cobwebs off.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Rogue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Katy, TX
    I drove down Westheimer Parkway (finally reopened) today and the driveway to ASC is still under water. There are also shooting benches that have floated up to the side of the road.

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Sent you two. There is also Shiloh but that may be a bit out of your way. Look up Shiloh shooting range incase you work out that way and can catch during the week. There's also one at an indoor range on I10 I believe between downtown and Katy but for the life of me I can't find it again.

PM MREED. He's a traveling man and I think has been about some ranges to be helpful.

The one you're thinking of on I-10 is probably Full Armor Firearms or maybe Athena? I haven't used Full Armor's range yet, but I did look around their retail area. They sure are proud of their inventory (ie: way expensive!). I've been in Athena to pick up a new Fenix EDC light but haven't shot there yet.

Shiloh is GTG, but I usually end up going to Hot Wells since it is right up the road from my house...

Josh

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    ^^^ Look like at least another month before they can open.

The USGS website states the water level for the Addicks reservoir is at 96 feet, or 6 feet over flood stage for the Bayou Rifles range. It had maxed out at 12 feet over, so I guess you're about right in thinking it will take another month before we get our range back as well as ASC getting things opened up again.

joking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2015
    Houston
    The USGS website states the water level for the Addicks reservoir is at 96 feet, or 6 feet over flood stage for the Bayou Rifles range. It had maxed out at 12 feet over, so I guess you're about right in thinking it will take another month before we get our range back as well as ASC getting things opened up again.
    Drove pass Bayou Rifle range this evening. At least 4 feet at the gate.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I noticed a wooden rifle shooting bench crumpled up near the road. It appears to have floated there.

The upside is that we will get some new shooting benches.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I drove down Westheimer Parkway (finally reopened) today and the driveway to ASC is still under water. There are also shooting benches that have floated up to the side of the road.
    Holy crap!!

IT'S ALIVE!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    The one you're thinking of on I-10 is probably Full Armor Firearms or maybe Athena? I haven't used Full Armor's range yet, but I did look around their retail area. They sure are proud of their inventory (ie: way expensive!). I've been in Athena to pick up a new Fenix EDC light but haven't shot there yet.

Shiloh is GTG, but I usually end up going to Hot Wells since it is right up the road from my house...

Josh
    You're not missing anything at Athena..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Since this thread has grown to encompass not just ASC but also BRI, here's part of the email I got two days ago from the Chief RSO for BRI:

As you know, the Addicks Range has been flooded for almost a month. I can report that the water is finally beginning to recede. The water level at the time of this writing is 95.94ft, down from over 103ft. We will be able to enter the range to assess the conditions when the water level falls below 90ft. It appears that the water is being drained as quickly as possible, and may fall below 90ft by the end of May.

Since I got this, the extra rain has taken the reservoir back over 96 feet. :(

Top Bottom