• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Form 4 suppressor on trust, check cashed 4-17-16, ATF mailed to FFL 11-03, notified me on 11-20, picked up.

Good luck to the rest of you!
    That's the first April one I've heard of yet. I called Monday I think and they said they were in late March and a few in April so far. I have a stack that was submitted second week of April. I've gotten envelopes before with five Forms4 in one envelop, but the forms were sent over the course of two weeks. Not sure how/why they consolidated the returned forms like that. Save on postage(?)

Hope that means April forms will start rolling in.
    Guns International

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    April forms almost here! Got three Forms 4 in today:

Submitted: 3/28, Approved: 11/9 by Jessica Hayes, Postmarked: 11/21 (yes, that's almost 2 weeks after approval!)
    Submitted: 3/28, Approved: 11/9 by Jessica Hayes, Postmarked: 11/21 (come on, Jessica...)
    Submitted: 3/31, Approved: 11/17 by Damon Wright, Postmarked: 11/21 (maybe their postage machine was broken for the last couple of weeks)

Received 11/25.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    When were the checks cashed by the ATF?

Checks are always cashed before the ink is dry. Then you wait. On the three I just listed, it was done through our "Powered by SilencerShop" deal, so the way that works is Silencer Shop charges us $25 to handle the paperwork. The customer buys it from us technically, but through the Silencer Shop portal. That "forces" us to buy it from Silencer Shop (which, by the way, they are excellent to work with). It's the same concept as Gallery of Guns purchases forcing us to buy from Davidson's in exchange for offering the free retail portal. So, in this case, I don't know when the Silencer Shop checks were cashed.

When I submit the Forms 4, I rarely see the check clear the bank MORE than about 5 days after the date of the check...so that includes time in the mail and check clearing behind the scenes. They'll get that money quick...then you wait. In fact, if you call on it in about 2 weeks, they'll act like they have no idea what you're talking about. You'll say, "but I see you cashed my check already". "Oh, well then I guess we've got it in house then." But they won't have it in any computer systems...at least that's my experience.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I figured that was the case...I got an email from Silencershop when the checks for mine were cashed by the ATF, so that is the only date I have to work from. Was just trying to gauge the time. So hopefully by Christmas for me...

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Form 4s
    Sent 4/4/2016; Approved 11/28/2016; received 12/6/2016; agent "China C [something]"
    Sent 4/10/2016; Approved 11/27/2016; received 12/6/2016; agent "Jim Huff (maybe)"

Don't forget, SilencerCo extended its SPEQ discount program (LE, Mil, First Responders, Armed Private Security...) which usually requires active or retired status to include ALL DD214 vets through the end of the year (normally just November & May). If you served and have your DD214, and are in the Houston to Huntsville area, come see us and get a huge discount. Another forum sponsor, Capitol Armory, is also a SPEQ dealer and serves the Austin/I-35 corridor so send them some business and save "Big League..It'll be great." Must have the Form 4 submitted by Dec 31, so plan ahead (fingerprints, photos, etc).

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Form 4s
    Sent 4/4/2016; Approved 11/28/2016; received 12/6/2016; agent "China C [something]"
    Sent 4/10/2016; Approved 11/27/2016; received 12/6/2016; agent "Jim Huff (maybe)"

Don't forget, SilencerCo extended its SPEQ discount program (LE, Mil, First Responders, Armed Private Security...) which usually requires active or retired status to include ALL DD214 vets through the end of the year (normally just November & May). If you served and have your DD214, and are in the Houston to Huntsville area, come see us and get a huge discount. Another forum sponsor, Capitol Armory, is also a SPEQ dealer and serves the Austin/I-35 corridor so send them some business and save "Big League..It'll be great." Must have the Form 4 submitted by Dec 31, so plan ahead (fingerprints, photos, etc).

Definitely like to throw in a good word for Adam and A&p Armory. Ironically 2 of my friends have come thru there recently. 1 bought a deer rifle for her daughter and the other was there for the feed store but we discussed all the cool shit in Adam's store. Plus he supported the last TGT Range Day, so I am all about giving him a good plug here.

Thanks for sharing your approval dates. Capitol Armory must have a dedicated examiner who is about 2 weeks behind everyone else. I could be completely wrong, but I hawk these wait times pretty hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom