Texas SOT

Last edited:

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    ATF said they are still working on the first week of May. Might get it in hand sometime in March if I'm lucky.

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Early to mid may forms coming in now.

I saw on one of my many resources (don't remember where; could have been industry stuff or public stuff) that there were some white papers discovered or snuck out that said there are two things being kicked around. One was that the Sig brace was going to be re-reinterpreted to never be a stock. They said this stupid rule that said "if you shoulder it, then you manufactured an SBR by way of 'repurposing' or 'redesigning'" was inconsistent with anything else. Nowhere else can you "misuse" something to create something else. No other gun is created by misusing something else. I often thought about selling guns without doing 4473s. I could just show myself in a canoe using my AR15 to paddle my canoe and therefore you don't need paperwork to sell a boat oar. So, apparently, there is discussion that they will abandon the idea of "misuse" of a stabilizing brace to mean "felony manufacturing of an NFA item without proper registration". Whew. But when was the last time the government gave up control of anything. Who wants to be the first one to post a Youtube video of them shouldering it?

The second thing was related to the HPA. They basically said the arguments were that there is no real correlation between crime and silencers. Also, with so many states making hunting with them legal, then why make it so hard to get one. Also, it said that 33 agents have been hired to process paperwork and that they acknowledge that it's ridiculous that it should take 8 months. It only takes so long because so much of the paperwork is for silencers...that arguably shouldn't be listed anyway. So, there's hope in the logic. And now for the bad news. It's "in committee". This article says that many if not most bills die in committee. The guys who can push it through might not want to spend political capital on something gun related when they may need funding or permission for a local pet project. And the libturds will fight anything gun related tooth and nail. So, while it is sound logic and might have the backing of 82+ congressmen, it's a whole another thing to get out of committee and then down the road to a vote. Maybe, just maybe, it can be slid in to some other legislation. They also mentioned that any of this tends to take a VERY long time. Point is, if you are thinking about buying a can, don't wait for HPA. It might be a while if ever. Meanwhile, you could just be in line for 8 months and know you're getting one.

So come see me (or another forum sponsor, to be fair) to get your paperwork started! :)

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    They should lump it in with a bunch of other crap and tell them "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It".

At 248 days now.

Last edited:

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    They should lump it in with a bunch of other crap and tell them "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It".

At 248 days now.

The problem is that the libtards are so into obstruction that nothing will get passed under normal channels. They've even hijacked the activist judges to write laws and interfere with separation of powers. The republicans could submit a bill requiring everyone to hug a tree and since the guy writing the bill has an "R" behind his name, the dems will filibuster it. It used to be the way to slip things in: add some "pork" to a bill that has to get passed. But for now, the libs are content getting $200k/yr or more to not show up to vote, filibuster ANYTHING the right offers, and pontificate. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad or scary that things like Trumps list of bad countries is actually Obama's list, but now all of a sudden it's fascism and hate. So, in light of that, everything including the HPA will be slow moving...unless we get a few more seats in 2 years. Maybe Trump can borrow Obama's phone and his pen.

juan valdez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    not sure if it helps anyone but it took right at 5 weeks for a form 3 approval to get my suppressor transferred to local dealer

much shorter than i had "heard" of from some of the various sites, i read somewhere that up to 90 days right now is to be expected

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    not sure if it helps anyone but it took right at 5 weeks for a form 3 approval to get my suppressor transferred to local dealer

much shorter than i had "heard" of from some of the various sites, i read somewhere that up to 90 days right now is to be expected

I have a form 3 on my desk here...submitted 1/5, approved 2/5. One month (recently) has been pretty consistent in my experience.

I'm looking at getting one of the Silencer Shop kiosks here that do the photo/fingerprint stuff. Hate sending people off to Identigo and handling the blue cards. Talked with my rep for a while today and we will probably take the plunge. We have to front $5k for it, but get some stuff back in trade on it. If nothing else, it'll be a nice bonus to offer for customers to make the running around less painful. The only "painful" thing now will be for each trustee to have to come in for fingerprints/photos...but there's ways to minimize that pain now too. Effectively, we've nearly neutered 41F.

juan valdez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    good to hear! i think i maybe read that over on reddit about up to 90 days, i thought it was silencershop site but they're showing waits of 4 weeks for paper and less than that for electronic.
    maybe it was even the dealer i transferred to? i dont know but i remember thinking 90 days was a lot more than what i had been reading most elsewhere.

Santaowns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Spoke with a Michelle today and she said they are on mid may to early June now. So I'm hoping next month or so for my May 24th purchase.

Top Bottom