• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Hushpuppies had a touch less character last time...still good but very mild. We shall see what they are like this week! ;)

They were just fine yestersay. Ive not had a bad round of puppies from them. The shark wasn't bad, but since it was SHARK, I wanted it to be crazy good.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    They were just fine yestersay. Ive not had a bad round of puppies from them. The shark wasn't bad, but since it was SHARK, I wanted it to be crazy good.

The 'puppies weren't bad a few weeks back, just bland compared to our first few visits. They were more along the lines of the plain little sticks at Catfish Parlour. The 'pups at Sam's this week were "in between"...flavorful but lacking some of the seasoning mixed in with the batter. Used to have flecks of seasoning throughout. Still some of the best I've found ;) The idea is to offer a savory counterpoint to the sweet coleslaw, making for a well-rounded accompaniment to the fish o' the day ! Can't believe they added sweet tea to the menu and I ordered WATER!!! Oh well, saved a couple of bucks and about 350 calories :)

ATX117

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2015
    Austin
    Did we decide on Rudy's for this Friday. If so I'll have to decide which fashion accessory to wear, Hmmm, last time it was Austrian, maybe this week I'll go Italian.

I turned my girlfriend into my fiance on Sunday, and I bought her a milking machine.

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Did we decide on Rudy's for this Friday. Is so I'll have to decide which fashion accessory to wear, Hmmm, last time it was Austrian, maybe this week I'll go Italian.

I turned my girlfriend into my fiance on Sunday, and I bought her a milking machine.

2 seemingly very disparate events - I hope. Anyway, congratulations.

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Did we decide on Rudy's for this Friday. If so I'll have to decide which fashion accessory to wear, Hmmm, last time it was Austrian, maybe this week I'll go Italian.

Congrats to both of you!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Sorry folks. Thought I had posted, but I've been sick all week so haven't been back til now.

Rudy's was decided at the last meet.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Anyone up for an off schedule lunch this Monday or Tuesday? I have not been able to make a Friday lunch this time home and this and next Friday I will be teaching a class.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Also, did you folks come up with this coming Friday's lunch location at last Fridays? I was still under the weather and had to miss. Been a crappy week!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Son the off day lunch, Coach or ATX , pick a spot as everything is convenient to me and I will be there.

IF up to me, I'd pick Bone Daddy's or Pok-E-Jo's(Great Hills/183) for Monday and/or Tuesday...keeping with the pork products/BBQ theme.

EDIT: Looks like the SLAB is getting much better reviews lately...I could go there either day. It's where Texas Rib King was...Furniture Row.

Last edited:

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Also, did you folks come up with this coming Friday's lunch location at last Fridays? I was still under the weather and had to miss. Been a crappy week!

We discussed the Parlour or the Boat...but nothing was carved in stone...edge to the Boat since the outside deck is very nice during this early spring ;)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    IF up to me, I'd pick Bone Daddy's or Pok-E-Jo's(Great Hills/183) for Monday and/or Tuesday...keeping with the pork products/BBQ theme.

EDIT: Looks like the SLAB is getting much better reviews lately...I could go there either day. It's where Texas Rib King was...Furniture Row.
    SLAB on Tuesday then?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202