• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    I think that's exactly what I was talking about in the first few posts I made in reply to your first post on this thread.

So now you are agreeing with what I was saying about the right to freedom of speech and to protest? Or just stealing other people's opinions?

You're as bad as, or worse than the other sheep out there. I seriously doubt you have ever thought for yourself, or ever had an original thought in you life.
    and its back. despite professing to be done with the common masses, like an infestion, its back. sigh.
    Lynx Defense

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    The only way to stop rioting is to make rioting a dangerous activity. If a brick, bottle, or other object is thrown, it should be treated the same as any other deadly projectile and draw return fire from multiple officers. That will disperse the riot quickly. It will also make people less likely to stay in a riot when it begins.
    Totally agree !

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The only way to stop rioting is to make rioting a dangerous activity. If a brick, bottle, or other object is thrown, it should be treated the same as any other deadly projectile and draw return fire from multiple officers. That will disperse the riot quickly. It will also make people less likely to stay in a riot when it begins.
    I like it in principle, but cops are notoriously bad shots, and there are often innocent bystanders on the other side of the legal target. Even if they're booking it out of there, a missed bullet will catch up with them.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I like it in principle, but cops are notoriously bad shots, and there are often innocent bystanders on the other side of the legal target. Even if they're booking it out of there, a missed bullet will catch up with them.
    Hence, the "dangerous activity" part. Anyone who sticks around when the violence starts is an accessory to the crime.....no different than the getaway driver in a murder.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Hence, the "dangerous activity" part. Anyone who sticks around when the violence starts is an accessory to the crime.....no different than the getaway driver in a murder.

When I was a kid, my dad used to tell me..."if you see some trouble startin'....get your ass home" !

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Which is great for someone who happens to drive up on it, turns around immediately, and gets shot for his trouble.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    We can, ad infinitum, find reasons to not take action. At what point does it become acceptable to realize, and accept, that like any war in history innocent people are killed and maimed? There is a price to pay for freedom - say this with me slowly Freedom is not free! You and yours may have been fortunate and the only price you paid was inconvenience. You can have no doubt the freedom you enjoy has been dearly paid for by countless others, both innocent and actively engaged, before you. There are few certainties in war - except for death. If you believe what is taking place today is simply a political disagreement - you have not been paying attention.

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    How about tit for tat? They throw a brick? Chuck one back. They throw a cocktail? Chuck one back. Now there’s no worries about innocents, only the s “warriors” /s are in the line of fire. AND, they can’t complain about excessive force or weapons! They’re the same! They always say they want to level the playing field. Level it.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock

While I get the idea of acting or even reacting to violent rioters, there is a line that we need to not cross. Generally speaking if a cop tries to shoot up a bad guy and kills your wife who is making her way home from work, you might not be so cool with the outcome. I know I wouldn’t. Basically cops, and most people, can’t go nuts shooting people who aren’t a threat.

I have zero issues with aggressively going after violent rioters. I’d them, go get them and anyone trying to stop you is now also a violent rioter that needs to be dealt with. A random cop pulling out his sidearm and trying to pick off a guy in a crowd. Not so much.

Where the danger of rioting needs to happen is at the jail. These people should not be released on bond. They have plainly shown they are a menace to the community and as such have no business being released on bond. Start locking these folks up and riots dwindle and maybe protests can get peaceful. We keep hearing that it’s a low % of protestors who instigate and turn violent. Then locking them up for a few weeks will let things settle down.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    While I get the idea of acting or even reacting to violent rioters, there is a line that we need to not cross. Generally speaking if a cop tries to shoot up a bad guy and kills your wife who is making her way home from work, you might not be so cool with the outcome. I know I wouldn’t. Basically cops, and most people, can’t go nuts shooting people who aren’t a threat.

I have zero issues with aggressively going after violent rioters. I’d them, go get them and anyone trying to stop you is now also a violent rioter that needs to be dealt with. A random cop pulling out his sidearm and trying to pick off a guy in a crowd. Not so much.

Where the danger of rioting needs to happen is at the jail. These people should not be released on bond. They have plainly shown they are a menace to the community and as such have no business being released on bond. Start locking these folks up and riots dwindle and maybe protests can get peaceful. We keep hearing that it’s a low % of protestors who instigate and turn violent. Then locking them up for a few weeks will let things settle down.

Something I'm curious about is in the rare chances they are arrested, and from what I understand, usually it's misdemeanor charge. If they are bonded out, I wonder how many of them will come back to court when they have too?

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Something I'm curious about is in the rare chances they are arrested, and from what I understand, usually it's misdemeanor charge. If they are bonded out, I wonder how many of them will come back to court when they have too?

I guess if they are paid 'bussed-in' agitators, then I would want 'bounty-hunters' to track them down and return them to the jurisdiction.(maybe a new TV show for protest scofflaws?) Trump the Bounty Hunter TV series.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    As regards to what ? I just sold a car and filled out a bill of sale. So is that OK ?
    Just as useless there as in a gun sale. All you need is the title and a 130U.

Well... the buyer needs the 130U, but the seller is supposed to sign it. That's loosely enforced, too.

Research shows that it actually has a decent chance of harming you, in addition to definitely not helping you.
    Kinda like a BoS :laughing:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    From hence forth Bill of Sale shall be deemed that thing who's name shall not be said and shall be verboten as a topic of discussion lest all reasonable normal completely sane men devolve into pointing screeching stomping bitches unable to communicate with snot running down their faces because someone is wrong on the internet about a BOS.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    How about tit for tat? They throw a brick? Chuck one back. They throw a cocktail? Chuck one back. Now there’s no worries about innocents, only the s “warriors” /s are in the line of fire. AND, they can’t complain about excessive force or weapons! They’re the same! They always say they want to level the playing field. Level it.
    Nah, meet force with overwhelming force.
    “Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again“
    Book of KYFHO

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Neighbor had an acquaintance whose son died in a car crash a couple of months ago. When the acquaintance received the death certificate take a swing at what was listed as the cause of death?

Fucktheirofficialnumbers
    COVID-19???????

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Top Bottom