• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Despite the city setting a record for homicides in 2021 after dramatically cutting its police budget and 911 response times climbing to hours even for serious crimes, Chas Moore, head of the Austin Justice Coalition, believes police and prisons should be abolished.

“I believe that we can get to a world where we don’t have police and where we don’t have prisons,” said the activitist — whose grip on Austin officials is so strong, they declared Oct. 22 “Chas Moore Day” last year.

Chas Moore is a convicted felon and was also arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge.

You can read more on his recent decision to try to get DPS ejected from Austin at https://nypost.com/2023/04/05/leader-of-anti-police-group-demands-no-jail-for-murder/amp/
    Guns International

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Academic, decision making (leadership) or emotional incompatibility. Plus the downgraded education requirements. How do you train new cops when all the older ones retire? And their training is run by the remaining woke ones?
    Let Austin become SF? Well, from what I see, most NTX cities are edging closer anyway. If I'm lucky I will live another 5 yrs and then not have to worry about all this crap.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Despite the city setting a record for homicides in 2021 after dramatically cutting its police budget and 911 response times climbing to hours even for serious crimes, Chas Moore, head of the Austin Justice Coalition, believes police and prisons should be abolished.

“I believe that we can get to a world where we don’t have police and where we don’t have prisons,” said the activitist — whose grip on Austin officials is so strong, they declared Oct. 22 “Chas Moore Day” last year.

Chas Moore is a convicted felon and was also arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge.

You can read more on his recent decision to try to get DPS ejected from Austin at https://nypost.com/2023/04/05/leader-of-anti-police-group-demands-no-jail-for-murder/amp/

Wow, a convicted felon trying to get rid of the police. That's a shocker. Seems like a guy who needs to take a surprise trip out to the great, beautiful, vast, empty plains of west Texas...

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Sounds good to me. We can handle things like we did in the frontier days.....vigilance committees......

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    While I would never suggest or support illegal activities, most APD cops you see are already assigned to a call and it takes a lot to justify preempting for traffic. ymmv and DPS gets boners when they see someone speeding so...

Back when I worked nights and had time to run traffic, I'd sit in a hidey-hole and laser or radar folks on I-35... 100mph was the number I waited for and it rarely took more than 5 or 10 minutes.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk
    Were you the guy who sat on the feeder road just north of Airport Boulevard? Whoever sat there with the radar was impossible to see especially in the trees.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Were you the guy who sat on the feeder road just north of Airport Boulevard? Whoever sat there with the radar was impossible to see especially in the trees.
    No, wasn't me. I worked south and I liked to sit here:

Back side of a hill, obscured by concrete barriers. And I could get the feeder. I could have been sitting out in the open with my lights on and it wouldn't have mattered... folks would come up over that hill doing 100+ about every 10 or 15 minutes.

If there wasn't a lot of construction for the next few miles at the time and lots of bad crashes through there, I probably wouldn't have cared as much

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Seems the jury relied on his twitter posts, that were not well thought out before sending out into the whole world....
    Juries rely on twitter posts? Hmm, what real evidence is that to what really happened? Courts are pretty poor theses days. But as they say, 'only talk to your lawyer'!! And tell her to keep her mouth shut.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Seems the jury relied on his twitter posts, that were not well thought out before sending out into the whole world....

And text messages.

prosecutors displayed text messages and social media comments showing that he thought about killing them. "I might have to kill a few people on my way to work, they are rioting outside my apartment complex," Perry wrote to a friend in June of 2020. "I might go to Dallas to shoot looters," he wrote on another occasion. Perry also encouraged violence in a variety of social media posts.

In addition, Perry speculated about how he might get away with such a killing – by claiming self-defense, as he is now doing. Prosecutors presented a Facebook Messenger chat between Perry and a friend, Michael Holcomb, which occurred two weeks before he shot Foster. In it, Perry argued that shooting protesters was legal if it was in self-defense. Holcomb, who was called to the stand Wednesday afternoon, seemed to try to talk Perry down. "Aren't you a CDL holder too?" he asked, referring to the men's licenses to carry concealed handguns. "We went through the same training ... Shooting after creating an event where you have to shoot, is not a good shoot."

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

BDub

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Austin, TX
    The Governor should intervene. Let Austin stew in their own crappy policies. Austin implemented "Defund The Police" initiatives to the tune of 150 million and saw a 50% rise in Homicides alone, and now they want the rest of the State to make up for their poor choices? Nah!

Top Bottom