• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NcongruNt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Austin
    Do they have good sweet tea at Blacks? I really like the sweet tea from TX Roadhouse and was wondering if Blacks was just as good or better. After I go to the range I'll demolish a pitcher of sweet tea!!!

This will be my first time to Black's (that I'm aware of... my dad may have taken me when I was little), so I can't attest to the goodness of the tea. It is sweet, as stated on their menu. I did a quick search to see what I could find, and none of the comments/blog entries that mentioned sweet tea had anything bad to say... so I suppose it's probably pretty good.
    Venture Surplus ad

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ooh! Does that mean we're going to have some sort of competition?

I had not considered that, but it certainly sounds like fun!

Hmm... what kind of contest should we have?

25yd Mousegun bullseye?
    100yd Mosin-Nagant sharpshooting?
    50yd 12ga. slug bullseye?

Oh the possibilities....

The 100 yard Mosin contest could be a possibility, I actually have one of those and some ammunition. If people wanted to pit their mouseguns and themselves against one-another at 25 yards, I think that would be a neat competition.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    What kind of ammo does a Mosin Nagant use? Anyone bringing a rifle that shoots 7.62x39? I'd like to pick up somme 7.62 to shoot through an AK. As well and try and find some ammo for a Mosin Nagant.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The Mosin uses 7.62x54R which is easy to find. The problem is the easy to find stuff is magnetic and I don't think Lone Star wants the ammunition used on their range, even if it's just bi-metal jacketed. If I had some more Yugoslavian surplus I would bring that since it's copper jacketed lead core. I could bring some of my old Bulgarian ammunition and the rifle with me and ask. I think the idea of a pocket gun competition would be sort of neat.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I've got plenty of 7.62 X 54R ammo. I'm also bringing 4 Mosin Nagants M91/30. I'll also be bringing a 9MM a .38 snubby airweight and a 1911 .45 and plenty of ammo for each.

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    It looks like everything is a go for me. I will bring:

MP5 SD
    HK 53
    HK tactical w/evo45
    Glock 17 w/evo9
    AK 105
    AKS-74U
    SBR GSG5 w/warlock
    SBR ar-15 22lr w/ob II
    Rem bolt gun w/ OPS 3rd model

I hope to see you guys there.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm going to pull up in the small hatchback with gold wheels. I'll be wearing a TGT shirt. I got my K31 out of my storage building, but I have very limited ammunition, so I may or may not bring it. I'll be bringing my Mosin too, just because.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It looks like everything is a go for me. I will bring:

MP5 SD
    HK 53
    HK tactical w/evo45
    Glock 17 w/evo9
    AK 105
    AKS-74U
    SBR GSG5 w/warlock
    SBR ar-15 22lr w/ob II
    Rem bolt gun w/ OPS 3rd model

I hope to see you guys there.

Oh you gotta be kidding me?! The one time I'm not able to go, and someone's bringing all these cool toys?! Argghhhhhg! lol ;) j/k Oh, just fyi but, in case it wasn't mentioned earlier, the Lockhart range currently isn't allowing any f/a fire. Not sure why, but that's their current rule until they expand on the berms or something.

sturgis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    North Austin
    Hey! I just want to tell everyone who showed up that I had a great time.
    I'm not sure I'll remember everyones names or aka's, but thanks for an enjoyable afternoon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I got in late and only stayed for about an hour but it seems like a bunch of y'all showed up. Matt seemed happy at the number of new shooters to his range.

Who won the T-shirt?

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    I made it back home without getting lost!!! Had alot of fun shooting those Mosin's! :shoulder might fall off sometime tonight though!;): My Marlin got to play as well.

HK Fiend missed out on the Mosin shootout we had!

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I got in late and only stayed for about an hour but it seems like a bunch of y'all showed up. Matt seemed happy at the number of new shooters to his range.

Who won the T-shirt?

NcongruNt won the t-shirt.

I had a great time out there and enjoyed meeting everyone. Lone Star is a nice range as long as you watch out for old ladies. The mousegun competition didn't happen, but the Mosin challenge was fun to watch. As soon as I dig my camera out of my clutter I'll get some pictures on here.

NcongruNt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Austin

Who won the T-shirt?

It was good to see you again.

It was me that won the shirt. We had a Mosin-Nagant clay-busting competition, with clays on the berm. After 3 run-off rounds, we finally had a winner. Fun competition.

It was a great day, and I'm glad everyone came. Black's was so good. We even got to meet Mr. Black in person. We ought to do this again soon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom