Venture Surplus ad

Austin PD to conduct non refusal blood draws.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    What if you're not drunk? Then are you violated? I'm severely against drunk driving, but shit like this isn't going to change anything. You can tell if someone's drunk without blood.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    79cc7b168f5c0d4f82c13902e03def5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I disbelieve this. Sorry, but I do. Someone needs to say it.

I wish it were made up. I don't understand how it's possible either, but it's happening in Denton County.

And no need to apologize. I'll admit it sounds like a BS story. But as they say, truth is often stranger than fiction.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    What if you're not drunk? Then are you violated? I'm severely against drunk driving, but shit like this isn't going to change anything. You can tell if someone's drunk without blood.
    Sometimes but not always. Then there is proving it. If all the drunks just pled guilty then the blood draws would be unnecessary but they have this pesky habit of hiring lawyers and such. So these are the people that the cops are so sure of their being drunk that they have been arrested and a warrant sought for evidence to convict them of a crime.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I'd refuse a breathalyzer, especially without probable cause. That's different from a blood draw BASED on probable cause, signed off on by a judge, to obtain the only measurable evidence of a crime.

Except we all know that the blood draw warrants in many cases are rubber stamped( both figuratively and literally)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sometimes but not always. Then there is proving it. If all the drunks just pled guilty then the blood draws would be unnecessary but they have this pesky habit of hiring lawyers and such. So these are the people that the cops are so sure of their being drunk that they have been arrested and a warrant sought for evidence to convict them of a crime.

Don't you dare call it pesky. Like it or not it's a necessary check and balance. Lawyers are the scrum of the very earth. However...... Their place is still required. Sorry basturds.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Don't drink and drive. It's really as simple as that. I have no sympathy for anything that happens past that, considering what COULD have happened was death of themselves and other people.

You don't seriously perceive that to be acceptable behavior by the Officer?!? I'm completely opposed to the irresponsibility of those who drink and drive as they can pose a risk to others but manhandling a 110lb handcuffed female is excessive by any standard. While the "death of themselves and other people" COULD have happened it's not what happened and prior to that there is no excuse for the gross lack of professionalism exhibited.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    You don't seriously perceive that to be acceptable behavior by the Officer?!? I'm completely opposed to the irresponsibility of those who drink and drive as they can pose a risk to others but manhandling a 110lb handcuffed female is excessive by any standard. While the "death of themselves and other people" COULD have happened it's not what happened and prior to that there is no excuse for the gross lack of professionalism exhibited.

I don't excuse it - I just don't have any sympathy for her.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I beg to differ. You do seem to condone and approve of officers needlessly beating the shit out of people who can't defend themselves. Cops like that we don't need. Hopefully, someday (if you do such things) you'll be caught on camera and you'll lose your job permanently.

Last edited:

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I don't excuse it - I just don't have any sympathy for her.
    I have to ask.... you don't have any sympathy for her getting arrested for being drunk?

Or any sympathy for being arrested for being drunk and then slammed into that concrete wall with such great force by a man twice her size and 3 times as strong with her also handcuffed with no way to protect her safety?

Because there is a big difference between the 2 questions....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom