Patriot Mobile

Austin PD to conduct non refusal blood draws.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    With your approach and condoning this behavior is won't take long before all of the offenders are either dead or paralyzed from being catapulted into cement barriers while cuffed.

Or catapulted into cement barriers when they strike them at high speed in their vehicles. The low speed impact as part of resisting arrest after the fact pales in comparison.

They will not be able to drink and drive as they can only drink through a straw while sitting in their wheelchair.

Like many of their future victims, should they be lucky enough to live.

Let's make no bones about it, I'd prefer to see DWI laws repealed and the charge replaced with Attempted Murder. DWI is attempted murder, and its premeditated.

Have we outed yet another Libtard dying to rack up post counts? You seem to be an expert at everything teaching us all how it should be. Please go on .....

I thought Conservatives were "crime and punishment, law and order" folks. Perhaps you're the liberal, wanting to go all soft and feel bad for the poor, helpless criminal?

We have rules. Break them, pay the consequences. Be it blood draw or injuries from resisting (even if it's because you're intoxicated). Validate the rules against the constitution and uphold due process, but respect the end result of the actions you've chosen. Personal responsibility and all that... a liberal mindset, right?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Or catapulted into cement barriers when they strike them at high speed in their vehicles. The low speed impact as part of resisting arrest after the fact pales in comparison.

Like many of their future victims, should they be lucky enough to live.

Let's make no bones about it, I'd prefer to see DWI laws repealed and the charge replaced with Attempted Murder. DWI is attempted murder, and its premeditated.

I thought Conservatives were "crime and punishment, law and order" folks. Perhaps you're the liberal, wanting to go all soft and feel bad for the poor, helpless criminal?

We have rules. Break them, pay the consequences. Be it blood draw or injuries from resisting (even if it's because you're intoxicated). Validate the rules against the constitution and uphold due process, but respect the end result of the actions you've chosen. Personal responsibility and all that... a liberal mindset, right?

Oh you are an uptight bastard. Struck a nerve did I?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Oh you are an uptight bastard. Struck a nerve did I?

No. If you're going to throw accusations, at least throw correct ones. You're only embarrassing yourself.

Call my views liberal, call them martian, call them baptist, call them satanic... I don't care what you call them. Just be able to back that up against the actual definition of whatever term you're using, vs. mixing and matching.

Words have meanings. You can even look them up when you're not actually sure what you're talking about.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I watched the video and have to say that officer should have been reprimanded or prosecuted for those actions!! Come on really? She was in cuffs, being walked to a car, barely squirmed away from him and he slams her into the wall with such great force like that. He was twice her size and weight and he made a very poor judgement to do so. That officer was WRONG for what he did. And I don't say this very often after had watched quite a few of these types of videos. Being in custody and not able to protect yourself from injury it is the detaining subjects responsibility to see to your safety!!!!!!! She was Drunk and barely squirmed, to get jimmy snooka'd Really?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'd be fine with using a bucket and a punch in the nose, instead. Especially if you post it on Youtube to deter future drunk drivers.
    ...and when the blood bucket tests negative for mind altering chemicals? You're advocating for institutionalized violence against someone that has yet to be found guilty of a crime. This is a little fucked up, even for a "law and order" type person like you.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    ...and when the blood bucket tests negative for mind altering chemicals? You're advocating for institutionalized violence against someone that has yet to be found guilty of a crime. This is a little fucked up, even for a "law and order" type person like you.

Then we go back and examine the PC in the first place - for the arrest, the application for a warrant and the approval of that warrant.

It's also why I consider a single needlestick for a blood draw more humane.

Besides, the defense gets access to that evidence, too.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Then we go back and examine the PC in the first place - for the arrest, the application for a warrant and the approval of that warrant.

It's also why I consider a single needlestick for a blood draw more humane.

Besides, the defense gets access to that evidence, too.
    Humane doesn't fit it with forcibly having your blood drawn against your own will. Just because a judge asks for it doesn't make it right either.

People shouldn't be violated in the name of safety. What about a urinalysis? All you'd have to do is wait, plus it's less invasive. Disclaimer- I hate urinalysis too. It still seems invasive and weird, but it's easier than blood.

Drunk driving is wrong, but just like the war on drugs the gov has failed to correct or control the problem. Blood draw isn't the answer and anyone that thinks about it long enough knows it's not deterring enough drunk drivers.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Or some DPS officer will slam you wife's/daughters/mothers face into the cement median.

Correct... apparently some officers believes two wrongs do make a right... or is it that they have all the right to do whatever TF they want? Drunk drivers should be stopped, arrested and jailed. Cops who lose their cool and intentionally hurt someone unnecessarily should be stopped, arrested and jailed.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    So you're against rape kits, autopsies and removing bullets from shooting victims to match them to guns?

Blood draws are hardly a medical procedure. In fact, a draw is the "humane" way to get the amount of blood needed, which is still small.

If you have another way, I'd love to hear it. And if you can invent a machine to determine blood alcohol content passively, you'll make shitloads of money.

I guess we could attach folks to a breathalyzer probe and waterboard them to forcibly request a breath sample. That better for you?

Besides, what about those folks intoxicated on substances other than alcohol, for which DWI still applies but are ONLY detectable in the blood?

Rape kits... authorized by the victims.

Autopsies... dead people have no rights although their families can often intervene.

Removing bullets... has to be done anyway.

Blood draws are not medical procedures? What freaking schools did you attend??

I don't drink and drive but BY GOD if you punch me in the nose for no good reason then I'll have your fucking job. Don't try to probe my crotch or stick your fingers in my ass either.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I have the utmost respect and admiration for good cops who know the laws, the US Constitution, Bill of Rights... and retain their sense of where they belong in our society. It's the few who never learned or have forgotten or don't give a shit about our laws, the US Constitution and Bill of Rights... and who have a super-power complex, thinking they can do whatever the **** they want to whomever they choose that should all be removed from their jobs PERMANENTLY!!

Keep your needles and fingers to yourself... mkay??

EDIT: Damn... I'm feeling a bit like a troll. I kinda like it. ;)

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Prohibition, bring it back!
    Has nothing to do with prohibition. Drink all you want, just don't attempt to murder somebody else when you do. Anyone that drives ( on public roads ) drunk is stupid, irresponsible, and should not be allowed to exist in society.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    That's all we need..is state issued buckets. They'd way over pay buying them. Then buy crappy buckets that fall apart and leak.

No buckets.

01-i-has-a-bucket.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Cops who lose their cool and intentionally hurt someone unnecessarily should be stopped, arrested and jailed.

I watched the video and have to say that officer should have been reprimanded or prosecuted for those actions!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...sing-excessive-force-in-2009-traffic-stop.ece

A judge sentenced a former state trooper to six months' probation Thursday for assaulting a drunken-driving suspect during a traffic stop on the Dallas North Tollway in October 2009. !--#include virtual="/includes/brightcove/includes/embed-dallas.htm"-->
    A jury sentenced Arturo Perez, 43, of misdemeanor assault in connection with the traffic stop, which was recorded on dash-camera video and by a tollway camera.
    The suspect, Whitney Fox, 23, had hit a wall near Lemmon Avenue. She was not charged with any crimes.
    After the sentencing hearing, Perez walked up to Fox and shook her hand. "I'm sorry," he told her quietly during their seconds-long meeting.
    "I just hate that it had to happen to both our families," Fox said tearfully after he walked away.
    Perez left the courthouse without commenting on his sentence.
    Suspended sentence
    Misdemeanor court Judge Jane Roden sentenced Perez to 180 days in jail but suspended the sentence and gave him probation. He faced up to a year in the county jail. He will also lose his peace officer's license for 10 years.
    Dallas County public integrity prosecutors Jamie Bagnall and Frank Able asked for a sentence of two years' probation. Defense attorney John Haring asked the judge for no probation and a "reasonable fine."
    Prosecutors said Perez committed a crime when he threw Fox face-first into a concrete highway divider, leaving her with a deep gash in her chin.
    James B. Holland, the Texas Ranger who investigated the case, testified for the defense that he did not believe Perez committed a crime. He said that Fox twisted away from Perez and he was trying to prevent Fox from escaping or running into traffic.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The best part:

"He will also lose his peace officer's license for 10 years."

The worst part:

"James B. Holland, the Texas Ranger who investigated the case, testified for the defense that he did not believe Perez committed a crime. He said that Fox twisted away from Perez and he was trying to prevent Fox from escaping or running into traffic."

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    "James B. Holland, the Texas Ranger who investigated the case, testified for the defense that he did not believe Perez committed a crime. He said that Fox twisted away from Perez and he was trying to prevent Fox from escaping or running into traffic."
    I guess throwing with all his might a 100# young female handcuffed into a concrete wall was helping her? WTF is wrong with some of these folks!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom