• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atxbandit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    After working 11 hours I thought about not showing up. Afterwords I am glad I made it out, it was good meeting everyone. I haven't done near enough shooting this year so starting with some basics would good.
    Ruben

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It was excellent meeting all of you yesterday! I'm glad to see we have an enthusiastic group together so far. I have quite a few days off this coming week, so I'll get a separate Austin training group sub section up probably under the "Training & Competition" section. We'll go from there and figure out when to get the next meet setup. So far, it sounds like we're on the right track. The main thing that is going to make this successful is structure/organization, flexibility, and optimism.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Austin Firearms Training Group - Texas Gun Talk - Sig got the sub-forum up.

I added a link to the sub-forum on the home forum list just under the description, it should save some clicking.

Sorry I missed the GTG, somebody needed to be out patrolling the streets when you all were chowing down on BBQ.

Great job getting things together and pooling resources.Teamwork is better than having one source when it comes to training.

Best wishes to the Moms out there. I have been going through a Grandmother crisis in the last month too....bad time for Moms indeed.

I hope to make it out to the next shindig.

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    It was great to meet all of you, and I look forward to the next get together. I think we got off to a good start, and can't wait to see what develops.

pwrincross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    We should take on the philosophy of Vince Lombardi (sp?) who said "lets get back to the basics, this is a football". These were professional football players and he took them back to the very basics of football. We can get back to the basics of gun handling. I am so sorry that I missed the get together. But my son got his HS diploma and is relaxing before he enters the Army on June 23rd.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll figure out another date soon for us to have another meet and greet and dinner. Lets start hashing out a game plan for this next week, so we can hopefully be very productive and get some more details ironed out.

respectthrufear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    I hate that I missed the first one, but I would love to make the following meetings. Does anyone know when the next one will be

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I have a silhouette steel target just over 1/4" thick. We have put probably 300 rounds of 9mm and .45 on it at 10, 15, 25, 50 .. and shot it up with .223 from 300-500 yards. 300 is ok with .223 as long as you don't hit the edges. anything closer though starts to make holes. The target gives a lot though. Wasnt my idea " i wanted a swinger " but my buddy and I built it with a front and rear spring system so when hit the target gets a few inches of traver to the rear. no problems so far! we tested it standing behind a wall for awhile though. We shoot alot of straight lead though which mostly explodes on contact.

CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I actually prefer shooting steel targets when possible. At the last class I attended, we had steel targets with a downward cant to keep the ricochets guided downward. Steel is fun, but ears and especially eye-pro is mandatory with all the fragmentation going on around you.

Top Bottom