• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maniacmama

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Round Rock, Texas
    Thank you Sig_Fiend for spear heading this effort. Getting out of the starting gate is the hardest part. I and my husband will be there on June 6th. Just to put this out there about ourselves... We both are NRA Certified Rifle and Pistol instructors and RSO's. We work extensively with the Boy Scouts of America, with the purpose of training the "next generation." My son had several friends whom were not allowed to play at our home because we own firearms! That is originally what got us started! What followed naturally after that was that the moms were surprised my my enthusiasm. This led to lunch, which led to show and tell at my house, which led to the range! (lady's day at Red's) Now my church group is considering me teaching basic self awareness/defense that would not incorporate firearms for personal, home and children! I'm putting together a curriculum for that now. (I think I'm getting to women! future classes could be introductions to firearms!)

My husband and I both would love level "201" instruction and further training - we can do newbies, (level 101) and I with reluctant women, but comfort in a true self defense/weapon drawn, full scope situation, we know we need clean technique and mind set. We purchased a shot gun and now our son has completed hunter education, we really want to expand into trap/skeet, and hunting whatever we can, and in the near future purchase a hunting rifle. I'd also like to check out the competition aspect.

Sig_Fiend, my mind is racing!! I know I am putting the cart in front of the horse. Unfortunately a typical mode for me. (thank God for a patient/calm husband!) Looking forward to some good eatin', good conversation, and especially meeting like minded folk! Thank you again for all of your efforts!

pwrincross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    i want to go to that meeting at Rudy’s so I can become involved with gun lovers BUT on that day at about that time I will be at the Frank Erwin center watching my son graduate from High School. Darn it!! I can’t believe all the posts that went with the first invitation. It seems like there is a hunger for knowledge that a couple of gun clubs can’t satisfy. It seems that a friendlier, cost effective (meaning cheap) way to share knowledge is needed in this city. I have been shooting IDPA in Copperas Cove over the last year and have enjoyed it immensely. The people out there are extremely friendly and knowledgeable in regards to guns and tactical moves for shooting at targets. They have moving targets, steel targets, walls set up so you have hallways and doors to go through. Above all they have put up with me!
    I want to be involved in any future endeavors and hope that I can make some gun enthusiast friends in the Austin area. I have done a lot of reading and have a lot of basic knowledge but I like to talk to those who have more knowledge to validate that what I know is correct. Unlike my posts, I can talk and talk and talk and talk. I can verbalize to ad nauseous. Y’all have fun. See ya at the next get together.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    i want to go to that meeting at Rudy’s so I can become involved with gun lovers BUT on that day at about that time I will be at the Frank Erwin center watching my son graduate from High School. Darn it!! I can’t believe all the posts that went with the first invitation. It seems like there is a hunger for knowledge that a couple of gun clubs can’t satisfy. It seems that a friendlier, cost effective (meaning cheap) way to share knowledge is needed in this city. I have been shooting IDPA in Copperas Cove over the last year and have enjoyed it immensely. The people out there are extremely friendly and knowledgeable in regards to guns and tactical moves for shooting at targets. They have moving targets, steel targets, walls set up so you have hallways and doors to go through. Above all they have put up with me!
    I want to be involved in any future endeavors and hope that I can make some gun enthusiast friends in the Austin area. I have done a lot of reading and have a lot of basic knowledge but I like to talk to those who have more knowledge to validate that what I know is correct. Unlike my posts, I can talk and talk and talk and talk. I can verbalize to ad nauseous. Y’all have fun. See ya at the next get together.

Don't worry, this is only the initial meet for people to get to know each other and possibly hash some details out. There will be PLENTY more where this came from. I'd like to make it a regular thing happening frequently so it will be easier for people with varying schedules to be able to make it too.

pwrincross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    Thanks for being willing to start the ball rolling. I will try and be at any meeting in the future. I read your post that you would be wearing your black sig shirt and a sig hat. Now I have to change my wardrobe if I could make it. I have the same outfit. Of course, I am only 5 ft 2 in so I would probably be below most peoples line of sight!!!! :-) have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Alan... Working??? What kind of excuse is that??? What time do ya'll close up down there on Sunday? Might bring some hardware along if I'm gonna make the trip....MG

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Red's closes at 9pm USMC. If anyone wants to run over there after dinner, I'd be more than happy to go as well. I have not been shooting nearly enough lately. ;)

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Damn....I guess it is Saturday...DUH. Good thing I check back here often so you guys can straighten me out. Would have been pissed if I missed it... I'll bring some "irons" to use over at Red's after dinner. Although I can shoot any time I'm at home, I never turn down an excuse to shoot more! MG

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    I would not mind to hit the range afterward. See you all there.
    wavey1.gif

Top Bottom