• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjdawkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    Unfortunately I am not available Saturday.
    However, the ball is rolling.
    Make some plans and post the second get together.
    Hurley's Gold

atxbandit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like quite a few of people will be attending. I am working but should be able to make it. Anybody planning on wearing their Texas Gun Talk t-shirt?

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Man sounds like its going to be a good gathering. I plan on being there too, might bring the iron to shoot afterwards, but need to count the ammo to see if its worth it, plus I'm not usually wild about indoor shootin

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    kerryp, Why not shoot indoors??... Never know when you might be forced into that situation... think "training..." MG

Because you are not allowed to "train" at Red's. It is a great place to sight in a scope at 100 yards, to practice slow fire, but you can not train for real world scenarios.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Hoji, I was thinking more along the lines of low light/interior lighting, weak hand shooting, stuff like that.... I understand they would frown on people running from place to place shooting around the trash cans and stuff like that. Mostly, the more rounds down range, what ever the location of the range, should lead to improvment....MG

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Hoji, I was thinking more along the lines of low light/interior lighting, weak hand shooting, stuff like that.... I understand they would frown on people running from place to place shooting around the trash cans and stuff like that. Mostly, the more rounds down range, what ever the location of the range, should lead to improvment....MG

LOL, yeah they would frown on that, would be interesting to see their reaction....I realize its good to shoot indoors sometimes, I have shot at Reds, quite a bit over the years ,,,just that the Oak Hill range seems a little crowded and loud to me, I have never been to the north store, you can do some off hand shooting...right now its really more due to the ratio of the amount of ammo I have to the cost of the range time to make it worth it...

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Well guys, I'm going to have to pass on this one, my mom and dad went to St. Louis to visit my sister and it appears my mother had a mild stroke and I am waiting to hear status on what they found (they took her to the hospital). I will catch up with y'all on the next one, have some bar-b-q for me.....:(

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    Well guys, I'm going to have to pass on this one, my mom and dad went to St. Louis to visit my sister and it appears my mother had a mild stroke and I am waiting to hear status on what they found (they took her to the hospital). I will catch up with y'all on the next one, have some bar-b-q for me.....:(

Sorry to hear that:(. I hope all is well with your mother.
    See the rest of you up there.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Good dinner and especially good compay, group was very diverse, wide range of skills and interests, looks like it will be an excellent opportunity for training and comraderie!

Thanks Sig for getting this going!

atxgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I had a great time and look forward to this progressing. Sorry I had to leave early and thanks, Ranger60, for letting me know about the meeting.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Looks like a good start... There will be a seperate section on the site for this group to keeep track of the progress. I think the next meeting will be a basic pistol course, around the end of July. Figured we would start with the basics just so we all start at the same place... I'm sure all of our skill levels are above this, so please bear with the level of the inital training... I'm sure it will move ahead at a quick pace once we get started. Look for the new section that will be added and post there so everyone can be on the same page. Thanks for everyone comming out. The BBQ was ..OK... but we will do better next time. The follow-up session at Red's was a "blast"... I always look forward to shooting, no matter what the reason. MG

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Sounds like y'all had a great time and worked out some details, wish I could have been there, but will definately keep an eye out for the new section so I can make the next meeting....take it the bar-b=q wasn't up to par? Maybe next time we can have a meeting somewhere where we can whoop up some food and have everyone bring a dish or sumpin???

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Glad to meet some of you guys.

Kerry I hope your mom comes out well on the ordeal. My aunt recently had issues, and it was meningitis, not a stroke as they had originally said. Neither is good, but infection outweighs brain damage.

USMCPMI thanks for letting me play with your .45 AR. That thing was pretty gnarly.

The 10mm had some pep, I liked it.

atxgun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I think the next meeting will be a basic pistol course, around the end of July. Figured we would start with the basics just so we all start at the same place... I'm sure all of our skill levels are above this, so please bear with the level of the inital training... MG

I will come with no ego and happily accept (as I hope to get) advice on my grip, stance, posture, etc from those more experienced than myself.

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    atxgun, I'm sure all that were there realize we are going to do our best to cover all the basics before we move on to more advanced situations... the goal (IMHO) is to advance the skill level of all involved. We will work together to meet this goal. When you stop learning, you're dead.... Hopefully old dogs CAN learn new tricks... 'cause I'm not ready to be dead...:rolleyes: MG

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    atxgun, I'm sure all that were there realize we are going to do our best to cover all the basics before we move on to more advanced situations... the goal (IMHO) is to advance the skill level of all involved. We will work together to meet this goal. When you stop learning, you're dead.... Hopefully old dogs CAN learn new tricks... 'cause I'm not ready to be dead...:rolleyes: MG

I agree; stepping back to basics is a good thing to do from time to time no matter what you're doing.

I've seen it enough in every other area of my life to know it's true.

Top Bottom