• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I will say the rules are pretty weak. I'd like to try some of the stuff that was posted up over in the Austin lunch thread, but the rules just don't allow it.

useduted.jpg

And, to be fair, mine would look a whole lot less cool with my two inch vertical leap before I went crashing to the ground needing an ambulance.....:D
    Capitol Armory ad

larlev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Have to say for my family its more than worth the yearly dues. Most of the time we are alone on the entire property.
    Rules are there for a reason, for every trained shooter there are 5 that need help clearing a malfunction.
    You have to consider that before bashing the rules.

Also, how is giving back to the gun community a bad thing. There is no "volunteer" requirement to speak of, but how bad would it be if there was? IMO, part of being a fellow shooter.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Guess it bears repeating that ARC is a club and it does depend on volunteers out of the membership for work parties. It is not a for profit organization, it is a non-profit. Every club has it's rules as does every range and if you object, there are two choices, join and work really hard to change them or go elsewhere rather than just publicly complain.

ZINCOGNITO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    AUSTIN
    Let me first clarify for all you sensitive types: I have nothing against ARC or it's members.

Obviously we're having a disconnect around the volunteering issue and I understand requirements have changed in the last 6 months. Now, I'm onboard with volunteering because I know a club is dependent of it's members but the problem I had at the time was membership contingent upon mandatory volunteer work along with a six month probation period AFTER a background check, safety evaluation, range briefing and taking my money. I've been to a few ranges in my time including in my hometown of little old Tyler and I've never heard of such a thing. If you're a member, great. I came to the conclusion they're not for me...........as their site states. Check?

larlev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Well the"sensitive" comment is rather weak....pretty funny actually.
    Too bad you were given wrong info, your probably right the club isn't a good fit. To each his own, ARC is for those who enjoy a great time shooting. The folks I have met there are shooting enthusiasts. How it should be

ZINCOGNITO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    AUSTIN
    Well the"sensitive" comment is rather weak....pretty funny actually.
    Too bad you were given wrong info, your probably right the club isn't a good fit. To each his own, ARC is for those who enjoy a great time shooting. The folks I have met there are shooting enthusiasts. How it should be
    When I attempted to join in 2011 the docs said roughly 'as a conditional member you must complete 3 Work Saturdays in the 1st 6 months in order to be put up for vote to full membership' ..... may have changed it.

My understanding is that they got a lot of negative feedback, so they got rid of some of the requirements.

The only thing weak around here is your reading skills but don't worry, I'm a shooting enthusiast and here to help. Believe it or not, the above posts came from this thread.........shocking I know! PM if you need help with your homework....

Top Bottom