• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    Just got back. Really enjoyed it - probably the best ratio of gun/gun related tables to jewelry/crap tables of any show I've been to. Very nice venue, maybe better than Cedar Park Center if you can believe that. Parking was tight even though they had a lot more of it than I expected; it was just a well attended show and the lots were full up. At least it was free.

I would agree that gun prices overall seemed a little high but the selection seemed a lot better than usual. Sometimes there are only two, maybe three "big dealer" tables; today I bet there were 5 or 6. I got some ammo from Freedom Munitions and Parabellum for a decent price and didn't even bother checking any of the ammo resellers. Grabbed a stripped lower from Runner Runner in hopes that one of these days I'll have time to start some AR builds. Seemed like there were more tables of AR parts than normal, but maybe that's because that was what I was specifically researching today.

Great show overall. Two thumbs up.

I looked around but never saw one. Sorry.

Thanks for looking I appreciate it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Got there at 11 this morning and the parking was packed. "Made" my own spot. It was better than the Saxet shows down in Austin years ago, but as he said, the prices weren't good. Did see a few decent deals on some Rugers & SA.

64015449dc1bb50c780bcaa9f68706a93c92452.jpg
    NO PICTURES!

:)

Sent from...wait where am I!?

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I forgot my #1 beef - the vendor they allow to have ATM's in there is a ripoff. They charge $4.95 per transaction and they limit you to $200.
    I need to find the venue folks and complain - hell even the Cedar Park location charged $2.95 and no limit on the transaction.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    One thing I learned, circle all the way around to the "South" lot. Plenty of spaces there, even while people were parking in the grass across the street.

I was happy, as folks have pointed out, the jewelry and jerky content was pretty low. I managed to find a Condor cap in XL for my big 'ole spaceship head, so I left fulfilled.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I forgot my #1 beef - the vendor they allow to have ATM's in there is a ripoff. They charge $4.95 per transaction and they limit you to $200.
    I need to find the venue folks and complain - hell even the Cedar Park location charged $2.95 and no limit on the transaction.
    Seems pretty easy to avoid having that complaint.

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I drove over about 11:00 on Sunday. Parking lots were packed. I drove around a while looking for a spot but finally gave up and went home. Lots of other vehicles also looking for parking. Not enough parking may be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

They did have a lot or handicap parking, but they were also filled up. I have to wonder if a lot these people were illegally using someone's else's handicap placard. I wish the cops would actually check folks placard when the cars park there. I'm not handicapped, but my wife is. People illegally parking in these spots really chaps me. Sorry for the rant.

Anyway, I'll try again next month. In the mean time I'll go to the Belton show this coming week-end.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I drove over about 11:00 on Sunday. Parking lots were packed. I drove around a while looking for a spot but finally gave up and went home. Lots of other vehicles also looking for parking. Not enough parking may be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

See Chirpy's post two above yours...

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Seems pretty easy to avoid having that complaint.
    I had a notion some of the folks would hoss trade. So I took my Steyr C9. Only one person said they swapped and offered me a stupid lowball price.
    So I had to make up the difference in cash for the pistol I went for.
    Anyway - easy to armchair quarterback decisions in 20-20 hindsight - it does not diminish the fact that 5 bucks per limited transaction is a ripoff.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I had a notion some of the folks would hoss trade. So I took my Steyr C9. Only one person said they swapped and offered me a stupid lowball price.
    Anyway - easy to armchair quarterback decisions in 20-20 hindsight - it does not diminish the fact that 5 bucks per limited transaction is a ripoff.
    That does seem a little gouge-y; but at least they don't charge the COTA price of $5 or $8 for a bottled water(I hope!)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It is all relative. You could have driven to the bank and saved $5 but wasted time and fuel. The same transaction is $3 at a gas station.

Not arguing or saying that $5 isn't a little high but if you need cash then it is the best alternative.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    :green:
    It is all relative. You could have driven to the bank and saved $5 but wasted time and fuel. The same transaction is $3 at a gas station.

Not arguing or saying that $5 isn't a little high but if you need cash then it is the best alternative.

True. But a $200 limit? How bad do you need that bucket of golden bullet .22? Lol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Vendors don't "horse trade," it's a lot like the TV show Pawn Stars, they want to maximize profits by buying low and selling high. If you want to "deal," then you need to do so at the 'personal sale' level where FFLs are not involved...

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Vendors don't "horse trade," it's a lot like the TV show Pawn Stars, they want to maximize profits by buying low and selling high. If you want to "deal," then you need to do so at the 'personal sale' level where FFLs are not involved...

Everyone horse trades. It's just a matter of wanting to horse trade for something they want to sell and/or buy.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    :green:

True. But a $200 limit? How bad do you need that bucket of golden bullet .22? Lol.

Yeah, a $5 fee is one thing but there aren't many guns that can be bought with $200. Maybe that limit makes sense at a volleyball tournament or whatever else they do there but not a gun show.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Everyone horse trades. It's just a matter of wanting to horse trade for something they want to sell and/or buy.
    Exactly - any other gun show in the past I've had vendors asking me what I had if I was toting a firearm. I've made decent trades where I got a reasonable trade value for something. This show? Not one inquiry as to what I was carrying and flat "no" on trades from most. The one lowball offer was $150 for a Steyr C9 with 4 magazines and case in excellent condition. Anyway you cut it that's a bullshit offer. I talked to a couple of other guys toting rifles - same thing. Nobody was buying.
    I wonder if they over stocked with the past hysteria on guns and simply have too much inventory.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX

Yeah - I coulda stopped at my credit union ATM and taken out money that I might not use, have to worry about toting around in a crowded venue and maybe having to hassle with re-depositing. Instead I made a bad assumption that I was ok with paying the customary $2.50 or so for the amount I would need. Yes, bad assumption.
    None of that negates a bad taste in my mouth from the gouging as it added $15 to the cost of my gun and magazines.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    No it added 15 because you did not want to inconvenience yourself by stopping at your bank that morning.

Yeah - I coulda stopped at my credit union ATM and taken out money that I might not use, have to worry about toting around in a crowded venue and maybe having to hassle with re-depositing. Instead I made a bad assumption that I was ok with paying the customary $2.50 or so for the amount I would need. Yes, bad assumption.
    None of that negates a bad taste in my mouth from the gouging as it added $15 to the cost of my gun and magazines.

Top Bottom