• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Went yesterday, good entertainment, more tables gun related, less junk. Prices did seem high. Got there at 8:30, good parking up front. Bought entry on line so, got in first. I liked it, just not in the market for anything. Found out from the promoter that the venue is only available August to December. One more show next month, then wait till next summer.

Premier's website lists a show on September 17-18 and November 12-13. So two more shows before Christmas!

Wonder how packed that November show will be, right after the elections.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Depends how fast Hillery bans all guns all ammo and all mags :) The show might be empty other than candy and Jerky

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    No it added 15 because you did not want to inconvenience yourself by stopping at your bank that morning.
    I'm really not sure why some of you folks are apparently defending an obvious ripoff.
    Yeah I made an assumption based on previous experience - hardly enough for you to get sanctimonious about.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    nah just pointing out another person blaming society when it is something they did to themselves.

I'm really not sure why some of you folks are apparently defending an obvious ripoff.
    Yeah I made an assumption based on previous experience - hardly enough for you to get sanctimonious about.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)

I feel bad for people when they say they're going to the ATM for cash @ a gun show. Bottom line, I think I'm going to be buying something, I have 100's in my wallet. If I don't, that cash stays in my mad money stash in the safe. Why involve the bank on a day to day basis ?

Hell this reminds me of an opposite unrelated topic, retailers who accept credit cards good as cash. I remember buying the engagement ring setting (not the main stone) and the guy wanted $4200. I said "cash discount", he said "no", I gladly whipped out my rewards card. I do this with almost any retail purchase for retailers that accept cards. They say no,,, out comes the cash back card. They say "yes" out comes the check or greenbacks. Some rewards cards hit merchants for nearly 4%.

Last edited:

tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    The ATM fees didn't bother me. My credit union refunds ATM fees to me so never think about them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I feel bad for people when they say they're going to the ATM for cash @ a gun show. Bottom line, I think I'm going to be buying something, I have 100's in my wallet. If I don't, that cash stays in my mad money stash in the safe. Why involve the bank on a day to day basis ?

Hell this reminds me of an opposite unrelated topic, retailers who accept credit cards good as cash. I remember buying the engagement ring setting (not the main stone) and the guy wanted $4200. I said "cash discount", he said "no", I gladly whipped out my rewards card. I do this with almost any retail purchase for retailers that accept cards. They say no,,, out comes the cash back card. They say "yes" out comes the check or greenbacks. Some rewards cards hit merchants for nearly 4%.

I agree

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So, since I didn't make it to the SAXET show here in SA this weekend, I'm thinking about making the drive up to Round Rock to check out the Premier show there next weekend. As it will be post-election, Lord only knows how crazy it may be; but we'll see how this week goes. Anyone else planning on attending?

Cheers! M2

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    I am in Taylor, so, planning to go early Saturday morning. I was at the show in August, missed the next one, so, planning this one. One in August was most excellent, minimal "junk".

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I think I'm going to sit this one out. I stocked up on some things at the September show anticipating a bad outcome today and we've had some big home repairs hit in the meantime, so I'm strapped for cash right now anyway.

But M2, I would encourage you to go. The show's been really good since they moved to this new venue. Parking has been a bit tight though, so plan accordingly. At least it's free!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am in Taylor, so, planning to go early Saturday morning. I was at the show in August, missed the next one, so, planning this one. One in August was most excellent, minimal "junk".
    It is a good show. Seems like they put all the junk tables off to one side so they are easy to avoid.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And there is a Rudy's on the way in for breakfast tacos!

Sent from...wait where am I!?

Sounds great, but with the two-hour drive to get there, most likely we'll do lunch after the show and before heading back...

Doors open at 9am, we'll probably be there some time between 9:30-10:00. I may dig out the multicam kilt in memory of a bud who passed away this morning. He too was a kilt enthusiast.

Cheers! M2

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Sorry about your loss MMM. I will be there. Looking for some FAL mags specifically. Maybe something else if it catches my eye. Like a Cannon ;)

Top Bottom