• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Looked to me like the feller's noggin was bouncing off the pavement with each blow.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Blows to the back of the head while the guy isn't defending himself = deadly force.

We started out with a fist to cuffs and then the guy went to deadly force. I can understand the rage\adrenalin dump but the situation went from self defense to "I'm going to inflict serious bodily harm and teach him a lesson".

The onlookers start saying "Stop" soon after it becomes punishment not defense. I'd say 58 seconds in things start going grey. After that it soon gets into punishment\deadly force area.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Blows to the back of the head while the guy isn't defending himself = deadly force.

We started out with a fist to cuffs and then the guy went to deadly force. I can understand the rage\adrenalin dump but the situation went from self defense to "I'm going to inflict serious bodily harm and teach him a lesson".

The onlookers start saying "Stop" soon after it becomes punishment not defense. I'd say 58 seconds in things start going grey. After that it soon gets into punishment\deadly force area.

Deadly force laws usually let the actor (person using the force) to use the amount of force that he deems needed in order to stop the threat of bodily harm that was used against him.
    maybe in the trucker's mind he was using the amount of force nessasary to stop the threat. The black fellow attacked him physically.
    He had made agressive moves and verbal abuse to him already so he figured a few extra smacks might keep him from getting up anytime soon.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Deadly force laws usually let the actor (person using the force) to use the amount of force that he deems needed in order to stop the threat of bodily harm that was used against him.
    maybe in the trucker's mind he was using the amount of force nessasary to stop the threat. The black fellow attacked him physically.
    He had made agressive moves and verbal abuse to him already so he figured a few extra smacks might keep him from getting up anytime soon.

See my post #59.

It's a fun video to watch. Reality is he may be justified but personally; I'm not using deadly force in that situation.

Broken\bruised knuckles hurt.

Getting AIDS or some other blood based disease from some scumbag also doesn't rank high on my to do list.

Side note bad guy had no ground game and telegraphed his punch. I think being black, loud and possibly hitting women was all the experience he had fighting.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm glad I'm not the judge who has to look at this.

It looked like the guy got a fight after looking for one. First thoughts- self defense. Then the guy kept swinging. He might have just been making sure he can get away safely after the fight was over and not take any cheap shots.

Second thoughts- stay away from dumbasses that start fights with strangers. Someone could kill them or they could hurt someone else. No one would rather be in court than be free to do whatever they want.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    There is a fine line between neutralizing the threat and assaulting. There are a lot of variables that can come into play and in most instances I would always give the guy defending himself the benefit of doubt.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    If you've ever been in a street fight you should know its mostly a daze and its hard to know if someone is out especially if you've got him mounted from the back. The guy didn't use deadly force. He simply defended himself after being assaulted.

Top Bottom