• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragnar Danneskjold

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Arlington, TX
    Seconded Shady. I've played Grand Theft Auto since III and am playing V right now, in addition to the plethora of shooting and fighting games I've played since I was a kid. Never stolen more than a candy bar since I was in grade school, and never shot anyone outside of military service. Blaming video games is a spurious argument that almost always comes from someone who has no idea what video games are really like or why people enjoy them.
    Guns International

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Unfortunately I know some car thieves personally. They're a product of bad/no parenting and the video game Grand Theft Auto. They steal cars to go joy riding. They are minors and they know there will be no punishment so they could care less. They tear up the cars then ditch them walking distance from the house. It's happened a dozen times that I know of.

I think the video company should bear a lot more responsibility. From what I understand the video game actually shows you how to hot wire a car. They know which cars they steal and which ones they can't. Late model cars that you can start with a screwdriver by breaking the ignition switch. They prey on the poor and the weak. They deserve to be caught and punished.

I know car thieves that grew up playing Pong and Combat. Seriously!! Remember Combat? You are more likely to bore yourself to death!!:roflfunny:

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of modern style video games, but, I have to agree, it comes down to the environment you grew up in and sometimes even not that. Some people are just not right from birth.

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    You guys miss the point. I'm saying there's already plenty of crime out there. I don't like the fact that the cops are out trolling.

dunnrite

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Kingsland
    It's wrong for the cops to go around intentionally trying to trick people in to committing crimes. One would think that there are enough crimes already being committed to keep them busy, but then that would mean pulling revenue rangers off of ticket duty.
    Remember, I believe that there are 90% too many LEO's in this country. Most cops are criminals to begin with. Those that aren't are enablers.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    You guys miss the point. I'm saying there's already plenty of crime out there. I don't like the fact that the cops are out trolling.

They're not trolling. They're giving fair warning "don't do it here, there's a higher chance you get caught." They're simply pushing crime out of the more desirable locations of town... it's not like the criminals aren't going to steal.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I'm guessing maybe that area has been hit by a rash of auto thefts and they think its the same guy(s).

That, and the sheep feel safer. "Oh, look, a sign! This means our car is definitely safe!"

Just like with guns, signs stop bad things from happening. Didn't you know that? Even though criminals willingly disobey the law, they always obey posted signs.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    That's where the actual bait car and surveillance come in. If the sign doesn't keep you from stealing the car, the subsequent arrest might.

Except that they're actively deterring arrest. Why not put a bait car and NO sign?

A: The people wouldn't know you're doing it and not feel safe, protected, etc.

With a sign, you don't need a car or an arrest, right? :)

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx

What part are you referring to? Where I said most cops are criminals, and the rest are enablers?

Think on this:

Why is it that the only time you hear of a cop getting busted is when video shows up on youtube, or is about to show up on youtube? The rest of the time, dashcam footage just happens to disappear. Convenient.

Why is there a maximum IQ to be a cop?

Who told the cops that their right to go home safely trumps my Constitutional rights?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I have no feelings for those that cause harm to others. They should be removed from society if they do not want to live by societies rules. I am all for an "escape from new york" prison system. You might get 1 free ride but after that you deserve to live with like minded people and if you survive your sentence I would bet repeat offenses would slow way down unless you happen to be one of the people that thrive in that kind of place and in that case why would you want to leave.

I wish the cops could do more to snag the 5% <just a number> of the slime of the earth. I also feel that if you run from the PoPo you deserve a club to the head.

Ragnar Danneskjold

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Arlington, TX
    What part are you referring to? Where I said most cops are criminals, and the rest are enablers?

Think on this:

Why is it that the only time you hear of a cop getting busted is when video shows up on youtube, or is about to show up on youtube? [SUP]1[/SUP]The rest of the time, dashcam footage just happens to disappear. Convenient.

[SUP]2[/SUP]Why is there a maximum IQ to be a cop?

Who told the cops that their [SUP]3[/SUP]right to go home safely trumps my [SUP]3[/SUP]Constitutional rights?

1 [citation needed]

2 Care to show us which department has published documentation showing this? Or even a department that administers an IQ test during their hiring process? Since you can't do either, I'll answer what you're really asking. Departments do not want people who will get bored with the job. If you've got the makings of a rocket scientist or neurosurgeon, there is a higher likelihood you will get bored with being a police officer after a few years. That is a waste of tax dollars and not a good investment for your community. Just as children who may have genius level intelligence in grade school often do poorly in that same school due to boredom, police who do not enjoy the often mundane work of filing accident reports and writing traffic citations can and do end up slacking and doing a poor job at something that should be easy for them. Your questions of course ignores the fact that there are tens of thousands of detectives and FBI agents that would likely score higher on an IQ test than many of the aforementioned rocket scientists or neurosurgeons. It seems to me like you're really just throwing a bunch of "cops suck...because I said so" mud at the wall and seeing what sticks while hoping no one will call you on it.

3 They're one in the same. Or do police give up their right to Life Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness by becoming police? Yes that's from the Declaration, but the point stands. Police are still human being that were endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights. They absolutely do have the right to care about not getting murdered. That's not saying that it "trumps" anything. Constitutional rights cannot trump each other. They're all equally valid for everyone, including police, until your actions forfeit them. And that means yours cannot trump theirs.

You commit Action X. If that actions gives police Responsible Suspicion that it's a crime, they are permitted by law to do some things that private citizens cannot. That is entirely Constitutional. If that action gives them Probable Cause to believe that it's a crime, they are permitted by law to do some more things private citizens cannot. Also entirely Constitutional. You really seem bent on the "liberty for me but not for thee" idea. "Thee" being police officers. Hate to break it to you, but cops have every right to preserve their own lives as you. And some times that meaning doing entirely lawful and Constitutional things that non police officers are not allowed to do.

If your real beef is with the whole idea of laws, police, and courts; I don't know what to tell you. You're in the wrong country. A limited representative government is still a government with the authority to pass laws and commission officers to bring those to break those laws to Constitutionally appointed judges. Disagree with that if you want, it's still fact.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    His bias blinds him from seeing the obvious logic (with bait cars, not signs) just as anti gunners are blinded by their hate.

Bait cars help catch the people who steal cars. The sign....... well, might stop a few of the dumber thieves. Still don't know if it was put up by PD or business owner.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    It's wrong for the cops to go around intentionally trying to trick people in to committing crimes. One would think that there are enough crimes already being committed to keep them busy, but then that would mean pulling revenue rangers off of ticket duty.
    Remember, I believe that there are 90% too many LEO's in this country. Most cops are criminals to begin with. Those that aren't are enablers.

That is NOT entrapment. Coercing or enticing an otherwise law abiding person into committing a crime IS entrapment. Law abiding people do not steal cars simply because the keys are left in them.

I will take the high road and not call you stupid, but come on.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock

Think on this:

Why is it that the only time you hear of a cop getting busted is when video shows up on youtube, or is about to show up on youtube? The rest of the time, dashcam footage just happens to disappear. Convenient.

Why is there a maximum IQ to be a cop?

Who told the cops that their right to go home safely trumps my Constitutional rights?

I will take back my previous comment about taking the high road. YOU ARE STUPID! Pull your head out of your ignorant East Texas butt and take the hood off, it is obscuring your vision. Stop visiting Alex Jones web sites and take a dose of reality.

Last edited:

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    I will take back my previous comment about taking the high road. YOU ARE STUPID! Pull your head out of your ignorant East Texas butt and take the hood off, it is obscuring your vision. Stop visiting Alex Jones web sites and take a dose of reality.

Watch that East TX stuff man! lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    lmao... Bait cars are not entrapment, and I find the show hilarious. It's pretty simple; if it ain't yours don't take it. I think the sign is BS, tho. It's there to make people think twice before stealing something. Kinda like a fake security system sign or a beware of dog.

Is it also entrapment when LE pretend to be preteen girls online to catch pedophiles? Those poor mislead perverts and car thieves.
    That's one I could never really wrap my head around. Obviously talking dirty to children and trying to have sex with them is illegal, but how is it a crime if the minor never existed in the first place? There's no actual victim.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX

That's one I could never really wrap my head around. Obviously talking dirty to children and trying to have sex with them is illegal, but how is it a crime if the minor never existed in the first place? There's no actual victim.

Definitely a bit of a blur in the line there. Don't condone their actions by any means, but you are correct, IMO.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    DeepSeaFish02.jpg

Top Bottom