• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Then you are the one who has missed the point competely. You aren't willing to see his point that acting stupid will have cosequesnces while not disregarding other issues that need to be dealt with.

That is the problem with becoming attached to a certain narrative. You lose sight of the full picture for fear it could be damaging to what you want to believe. It shows that you aren't veing reasonable and has an overall damaging effect to the cause you wish to support.

Chris Rock is an intelligent individual and can see the full scope of the issues. Instead of pretending certain aspects don't exist he has spoken to the full picture. If he is willing to put work in to attacking the issues from all sides, why do you choose ignore aspects of his work on issues he felt worthy of his commentary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps Chris Rock thinks that cops should not assault people who mouth off to them? Shocking, I know.

Moreover there is the cause for said mouthing off. You assume people who do so act out of hostility. Whereas Chris Rock relates to his black audience by pointing out that it is a reasonable reaction to things like racial profiling and revenue-driven stops, with the comedic punchline being that the audience member must tolerate such malfeasance if he wants to stay out of hospital or jail.

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Dude, put down the hash pipe. It's not even about the cop, but how buddies interact with each other. I could explain it to you all day, but you just wouldn't get it because you live in a delusional world full of rascism and hatred.

And yet this "joke" was brought up in the context of being told to a group of cops. Funny that.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    The problem is....the cops only pick on black people. Riiiigggght....when I was a teenager with hair down below my shoulders, I would get pulled over for NOTHING, and searched without probable cause. A buddy of mine and I were fishing once, Sheriff's office snuck up on us, searched us, made us unlock our car so they could search it...yeah, I've never been profiled.

My hometown police force was pretty much turned upside down and revamped due to corruption.

I've never hated cops, but I hate red lights behind me. I knew crimminals who absolutely hated cops, but they weren't stupid. There is a time and place to vent your hatred of cops, but it for dang sure ain't while they got you pulled over.

And for cripes sake!!!!! do what they say, instead of resisting and constantly spouting "What died do?" "I ain't done nothing, why you effing wid me?"

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    The problem is....the cops only pick on black people. Riiiigggght....when I was a teenager with hair down below my shoulders, I would get pulled over for NOTHING, and searched without probable cause. A buddy of mine and I were fishing once, Sheriff's office snuck up on us, searched us, made us unlock our car so they could search it...yeah, I've never been profiled.

My hometown police force was pretty much turned upside down and revamped due to corruption.

I've never hated cops, but I hate red lights behind me. I knew crimminals who absolutely hated cops, but they weren't stupid. There is a time and place to vent your hatred of cops, but it for dang sure ain't while they got you pulled over.

And for cripes sake!!!!! do what they say, instead of resisting and constantly spouting "What died do?" "I ain't done nothing, why you effing wid me?"

Don't worry, cops kill white Sunday school teachers too: https://reason.com/blog/2013/02/04/virginia-cop-who-shot-sunday-school-teac

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    We get it. You think all cops are sub human, remorseless, killers.

The rest of us are reasonable. When cops screw up we want that cop brought to justice. But that doesn't mean we have animosity towards cops.

People love to bitch about how evil "cops" are and wonder why it sometimes seems that cops and the rest of the public are divided. It's because you have chosen to be.

I don't like getting pulled over. Sometimes I do. Sometimes for something stupid. I'm polite and the majority of the time I leave with a warning.

It's not because of my race, it's because of my action. I'm polite to them, they're polite to me.

You take a few cases from a population of over 1 million and claim you've proven your case. Bull. Judge any other group by that standard, I dare you.

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    We get it. You think all cops are sub human, remorseless, killers.

The rest of us are reasonable. When cops screw up we want that cop brought to justice. But that doesn't mean we have animosity towards cops.

People love to bitch about how evil "cops" are and wonder why it sometimes seems that cops and the rest of the public are divided. It's because you have chosen to be.

I don't like getting pulled over. Sometimes I do. Sometimes for something stupid. I'm polite and the majority of the time I leave with a warning.

It's not because of my race, it's because of my action. I'm polite to them, they're polite to me.

You take a few cases from a population of over 1 million and claim you've proven your case. Bull. Judge any other group by that standard, I dare you.

Nice strawman. I never said all cops are subhuman killers, although a few certainly fit the bill. However, it seems like the subhuman killer cops never get called out by the other supposedly good cops. The ones who do lose their jobs (see the Buffalo PD case I cited earlier). And the police unions always lobby for less transparency, less oversight, less accountability and more legal privileges.

For example, the internal investigation into the Michael Bell shooting lasted all of 48 hours and ended with the same department ruling the shooting justified. Police unions fought his father's attempts at any kind of reform. When a coalition of activists managed to pass a Wisconsin law requiring external review of police shootings, the cops retaliated with a "police bill of rights" that directly targets the efficacy of external review of police shootings, by giving cops "cooling off periods" to coordinate their stories, and banning deception in interrogation when the subject is a cop. Privileges that no civilian would ever enjoy.

If cops practice omerta, they deserve to be judged as a group.

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    ...banning deception in interrogation when the subject is a cop. Privileges that no civilian would ever enjoy.

So become a cop and STFU. BTW: By your reasoning, because police officers don't rat out and dissociate themselves from the few bad apples, they deserve to be judged as a group.

Thanks , I'm sure all black men will appreciate the same treatment....theys all gansta crimminals.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That just might be the dumbest statement I have ever seen here.

Haven't you seen the DPD thread. It's dead. Nobody cares at all about the guy who was shot in his appartment under questionable circumstances.

Top Bottom