• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    That was a pretty stupid one. I was not there, but with what the parter said and the fact that the car was proven to be going away from them and the kids were all unarmed, firing into a car He was in serious trouble.
    Target Sports

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Dmancornell, yes I know we're on a gun forum, and I have in fact, "used my guns" to possibly save my life in one instance! Have you? Or do you just spout hate for cops?

LOL, so what's your point then? Are you just ASSuming everyone who dislikes current policing practices would need to run to a cop and beg for protection when things go south?

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Dmancornell, you should watch Chris Rock's video, "How NOT to get beat up by cops!". Seems it was aimed at smart boys like you.

You know that's a parody, right? Or do you really think "ride with a white friend" is serious advice as opposed to social criticism?

Last edited:

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Didn't see any white friend, just saw two black guys, one was smart ass know it all black thug, he talked shit to the cops and got his ass beat! Other black guy talked respectful to the cop and got sent on his way! I think I know which one of the black guys YOU are!

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    And parody it might be, but lots of truth in it, too. If your people didn't talk shit to cops when they get stopped there would be lot less black folks getting shot!

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    You might want to watch that skit again, the part with the guy "talking thug" was a direct criticism of contempt of cop. Is this the second time in this thread where you completely misunderstood a cultural reference? :)

If your people didn't talk shit to cops when they get stopped there would be lot less black folks getting shot!

Sounds like you are actually advocating the death penalty for contempt of cop. Just, wow.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Didn't see any white friend, just saw two black guys, one was smart ass know it all black thug, he talked shit to the cops and got his ass beat! Other black guy talked respectful to the cop and got sent on his way! I think I know which one of the black guys YOU are!

Reminds me of an old joke. Two guys are pulled over and one talks smack to the cop, who pulls him out of the car and beats the crap out of him. He then snatches the other guy out and beats the crap out of him.

Second guy goes: " Why did you beat me up? I didn't say anything." Cop says: " Because I know how you guys are, I wouldn't be a mile down the road ,and you'd be telling your buddy you wished I had tried that shit on you."

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Dude, I'm done with you. My momma always told me never to argue with anyone stupid, because they are proud of their stupidity and will just bring you down to their level! Good day to you, sir!

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Reminds me of an old joke. Two guys are pulled over and one talks smack to the cop, who pulls him out of the car and beats the crap out of him. He then snatches the other guy out and beats the crap out of him.

Second guy goes: " Why did you beat me up? I didn't say anything." Cop says: " Because I know how you guys are, I wouldn't be a mile down the road ,and you'd be telling your buddy you wished I had tried that shit on you."

Police brutality and criminality sure is hilarious! :laughing:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Police brutality and criminality sure is hilarious! :laughing:

Comedy has historically been used to bring light to, or deal with, terrible situations.

Just looks at Monty Python skits about the spanish inquisition, Sara Silverman did a dressed as hitler and did a black face skit before she went full SJW, Eddie Izzard did jokes making light of Hitler, Richard Pryer (enough said), etc.

I don't see why the joke posted should be off limits any more than the examples listed. Comedy has been an important tool in dealing with some of the darkest and toughest issues society had faced. Even the Chris Rock skit that has been mentioned used comedy as a way to push the message that if you don't act like a fool your odds of having an issue with LE is extremely small. If you act like a fool you are far more likely to have problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Comedy has historically been used to bring light to, or deal with, terrible situations.

Just looks at Monty Python skits about the spanish inquisition, Sara Silverman did a dressed as hitler and did a black face skit before she went full SJW, Eddie Izzard did jokes making light of Hitler, Richard Pryer (enough said), etc.

I don't see why the joke posted should be off limits any more than the examples listed. Comedy has been an important tool in dealing with some of the darkest and toughest issues society had faced. Even the Chris Rock skit that has been mentioned used comedy as a way to push the message that if you don't act like a fool your odds of having an issue with LE is extremely small. If you act like a fool you are far more likely to have problems.

Yes, comedy is used to highlight terrible problems. For example, the point of the Chris Rock skit is used to what he perceived to be racism within police departments (ride with a white friend) and sarcastic disapproval of police brutality in response to contempt of cop (don't speak out if you don't want your ass beat).

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    I told that joke to a classroom full of cops (25 years ago) and everybody laughed.

I wonder how many of those cops went out and actually did it. I bet it is more than zero.

What exactly is the punch line of this joke? Is there any actual social commentary here (like with the Chris Rock skit) or just a direct warning to uppity civilians to respect the uniform?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, comedy is used to highlight terrible problems. For example, the point of the Chris Rock skit is used to what he perceived to be racism within police departments (ride with a white friend) and sarcastic disapproval of police brutality in response to contempt of cop (don't speak out if you don't want your ass beat).

I think you saw that skit through a different lens than just about everybody else who watched it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I wonder how many of those cops went out and actually did it. I bet it is more than zero.

What exactly is the punch line of this joke? Is there any actual social commentary here (like with the Chris Rock skit) or just a direct warning to uppity civilians to respect the uniform?

You think 1 of those 25 cops went out and beat the crap out of 2 people because they heard a joke?

Now you're being ridiculous.

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    I think you saw that skit through a different lens than just about everybody else who watched it.

So you think all the black folks in the audience took the skit as an un-ironic public service announcement on how to behave around cops from a comedian who has repeatedly criticized police brutality in his home city?

Who's being ridiculous now?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Here's a refresher to help you see the videos main point is that if you don't act like a jack ass or have an angry woman in the car "you probably won't get your ass kicked by the police".

Top Bottom